It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caravan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think the caravan will make it here (around Christmas.)

You know, I was thinking -- as horrible as conditions are in their home countries, it would be a better and safer option to come here, apply for asylum, and get a vacation in one of the camps that ICE has set up. They and their kids could have food, clothing, and a comfortable place to sleep.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: ker2010

bull#
its not an invasion

you are all just taking double portions of the propaganda kool aide again

half of you are saying it is an invasion
half are saying it is some stunt organized by the left

how about first you guys have a town hall where you get your bull# straight before you start to spew it

and btw i dont see how this benefits the left

i do see how it would benefit the right though.
get you guys all nice and riled up about it. get you out there and so some gat damn votin

People seeking "asylum" don't burn the flag of the country their looking to for help. Invading hordes do.

Wake TF up.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Trueman

You know what?... I was thinking our government might be using this time some sort of new technology or weapon to stop the caravan. Something never used before.

My guess would be the "microwave" type crowd disbursement tech. This is exactly the situation that they were created for.

Something like this ?

The Active Denial System (ADS) is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military,[2] designed for area denial, perimeter security and crowd control.

en.wikipedia.org...

Exactly that.

It would actually be a great way to protect the entire border.

Have those covering the wall from about 2-300 yds out and youd have a LOT less people trying to get in.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's Simple . Lay Claymore Mines all along the Route the Caravan will take to the U.S. Border , then Post Signs Waring them CROSS At Your Own Risk .

Ha....I actually thought about that a while back, but I have a feeling many would still try it.

I think the crowd disbursement tech would work better.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This caravan love-affair has really backfired on the liberal MSM and Democrats, hasn't it?

All Trump has to do is prove that liberals got the thing started, and all those images of women and children suffering from heat strokes will fall squarely in the lap of liberal Democrats.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

original photo please?

thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

how does this benefit the libs?
assuming they started it.

i dont see the benefit..

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

i dont see the benefit..

They miscalculated (as usual) the timing and growth..thinking the chaos at the US-Mexico border would help them, just before the Mid-Term elections.

Last week, the Honduran Government said the Caravan was organized by mysterious groups giving false promises that they would be accepted in the United States.

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They miscalculated (as usual) the timing and growth..thinking the chaos at the US-Mexico border would help them, just before the Mid-Term elections.

l

ill check the link in a minute

im not going to argue your point cause i know # about it but i still am confused.

ho would chaos at the border help?
edit on 23-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I think the caravan will make it here (around Christmas.)

You know, I was thinking -- as horrible as conditions are in their home countries, it would be a better and safer option to come here, apply for asylum, and get a vacation in one of the camps that ICE has set up. They and their kids could have food, clothing, and a comfortable place to sleep.

How about Darfur, should we send ships there to get them too, I'm sure things are worst over there than in Americas... We are not forcing anyone to do anything. They are coming here on their own will power even if it means putting their kids in danger, you do know they have a different value of what life is all about. Take Brazil they have millions of kids living on the streets in gangs that were kicked out of their houses by their parents at very young ages...should we go get them too?

The world in general sucks...

edit on 23-10-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Looks easier than I thought to join a group of like minded individuals at the border. I'm maybe 2-hours away. The weather is perfect and have all the supplies & equipment to do this. USMC credentials should get me in the door with a specific group I've found. It's the least one can do and damn proud to offer my services for my fellow Patriots & Country.

Maybe you can join us?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

cool

let me know how many of those slimy bastards you take out

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

i dont see the benefit..

It is not a winnable situation no matter what Trump does since he is in power. That alone is good for the left, also the huge debate, protests etc on how we treated illegals in the past year adds its own fuel on the fire. Whatever Trump does the left will turn it into talking point to their benefit.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

l

how would chaos at the border help?

The same way it created a huge distraction in April, when AG Jeff Sessions announced ZERO tolerance with people who crossed into the USA illegally. Remember the kids being separated, and how the liberal MSM fed on that for weeks?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's more of an armed presence show of force than it is a duck shoot. Intimidation alone is enough determent for illegals to turn back not to cross the "reever". No one is out to shoot anyone for any reason.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think this is as good a place to post this as any.

I got to wondering, what about Posse Comitatus? Does it not prohibit the use of military on domestic soil? So I looked it up.

18 U.S. Code § 1385 - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Now, before anyone gets too super-exited and does a boo-boo in their pants, no, Trump cannot be indicted for a crime as a sitting President. This doesn't change that.

Now we look at 32 CFR Part 183 - DEFENSE SUPPORT OF SPECIAL EVENTS

Policy.

It is DoD policy that:
    (a) DoD capabilities may be used to provide support for international and domestic special events as authorized by law and DoD policy. DoD resources in support of special events may be provided only after the resources of all other relevant governmental and non-governmental entities are determined not to be available, unless there is a statutory exception or the Department of Defense is the only source of specialized capabilities. DoD support should not be provided if use of commercial enterprises would be more appropriate.

(b) DoD Components shall provide support to civil authorities or qualifying entities for special events only as authorized in this part.

(c) The Department of Defense may support such events with personnel, equipment, and services in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and interagency agreements. Most support shall be provided on a non-interference basis, with careful consideration given to effects on readiness and current operations. Support for National Special Security Events (NSSEs) shall be in accordance with National Security Presidential Directive-46/Homeland Security Presidential Directive-15, Annex II.

(d) DoD security and safety-related support for an event shall have priority over logistics assistance. However, logistics assistance may be provided if deemed appropriate and necessary, consistent with applicable statutes and policy guidance.

(e) Funding for special events is subject to the following:

(1) The Department of Defense may receive separate funding or authority to provide support to specific special events.

(2) Support of special events for which the Department of Defense does not receive appropriations or for which DoD funds are not available for such support must be approved by the Secretary of Defense and must be provided on a reimbursable basis in accordance with title 10, U.S.C., sections 377, 2553-2555, and 2564; title 31, U.S.C., sections 1535-1536; or other applicable statutes.

(3) Reimbursement for DoD support provided to civilian law enforcement agencies during special events is required, in accordance with title 10 U.S.C. 377, unless the Secretary of Defense elects to waive reimbursement after determining that the support:

(i) Is provided in the normal course of military training or operations; or

(ii) Results in a benefit to the personnel providing the support that is substantially equivalent to that which would otherwise be obtained from military operations or training.

(4) The DoD will provide support to NSSEs in accordance with HSPD 15/NSPD 46, as authorized by law and policy.

(5) Security and safety of special events are responsibilities shared by Federal, State, and local authorities. If Federal funds will be provided to State or local authorities to offset the costs of enhanced security and public safety for special events and if State or local officials request the employment of National Guard personnel in a Federal pay status, States shall be encouraged to use those funds to employ those National Guard personnel in a State pay status or to reimburse the Department of Defense for costs related to the employment of the National Guard personnel in a Federal pay status.

(f) DoD support of special events that includes support to civilian law enforcement officials must comply with DoDD 5525.5

(g) DoD support of special events that includes support to civilian intelligence officials must comply with DoD 5240.1-R

The caravan invasion is certainly a "special event" and therefore qualifies for this exception. Since the Border Patrol is already overrun with the 'normal' influx of illegals, this event is an exception to Posse Comitatus under § 183.4(a) above. In layman's terms, that means Trump has full authority to order as many military as needed, up to and including the entire US Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, to repel this invasion as long as Border Patrol is also involved and is overwhelmed.

Just thought I would get this talking point out of the way before the DNC introduced it in their next memo.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't know the specific number that classifies as an invasion, however this could be loosely defined as one. The possibilities that opens is staggering.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Doesn't have to be an 'invasion.' All it needs to be is a 'special event' (which is not otherwise defined, so the vernacular applies... an event that is not normal) and for the Border Guard to state they are unable to provide protection against a caravan of this size. Once that is done, which is a phone call, Trump can order whatever he wants militarily to assist the Border Patrol.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why doesn't Trump just call up Academi (formerly Blackwater) to handle this. Where's Erik Prince when you need him?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Never underestimate the level of corruption the DNC will go to, to attempt to get what they want. The good news about all of that, however, is that they failed when they sneaked Hillary in as the DNC presidential candidate, they failed when they said they would impeach Trump, they failed when they setup gullible and distraught eggheads to protest Kavanaugh, and they WILL fail here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join