It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caravan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Watching Pompeo on now. He just said that the caravan will not cross the US southern border under any circumstances.

Seems this is going to heat up....though I have a feeling it is going to die out well before it gets to the US border.

I wonder what he means by "any circumstances". I know they have already spoken of military force showing up. I am guessing we may see the crowd disbursing weaponry utilized here. That and possibly water cannons.

I dont believe the caravan will make it here personally.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Timing is everything.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Watching Pompeo on now. He just said that the caravan will not cross the US southern border under any circumstances.

Seems this is going to heat up....though I have a feeling it is going to die out well before it gets to the US border.

I wonder what he means by "any circumstances". I know they have already spoken of military force showing up. I am guessing we may see the crowd disbursing weaponry utilized here. That and possibly water cannons.

That just rhetoric for the voters. Get every one riled up... "Damn right Pompeo! They'll never get to 'Merica!"

Meanwhile the border patrol says we got this. The elected officials that could be effected at the border have already requested what they need. But the news is making it a panic.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Timing is everything.

The caravan from El Salvador will be here before November, though I dont know how large that one is.

It appears to be snowballing a bit.

My thought is that if these countries are so despondent, the US should just go ahead and take them over military style and incorporate them into the US.

I mean bleeding hearts cant have it both ways....either make people fight for their own countries or tell the US to take them over and make them part of the US.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I doubt the caravan would make it past our border. There may be some straglers who take side routes, like 50 miles east or west & it probs. clear cause of the distraction.

There are mexicans who already want in the u.s as it is, what makes people think these people won't have a suprise uprise too? They may want to help to come up here. That is a much bigger problem, the influence this caravan may have on already pending to u.s mexicans. If they grab support more will also come from more south.

I think this might be stomped out quick, I also think if it does get into mexico, we have a problem on our hands & that wall will get built quicker than most people expected.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
"Get to" is not the language used..."cross into" I think is the correct language. Whole lot differwnt meaning in those 2 phrases. I think they will get to the boarder...after this much publicity at a time near the elections I have no doubts they will not make it in. The spotlight is much too bright now. If these folks wanted in so badly and it wasn't an organized sponsered ploy they would quietly blend in and slip past like hundreds do daily.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

That just rhetoric for the voters. Get every one riled up... "Damn right Pompeo! They'll never get to 'Merica!"

Meanwhile the border patrol says we got this. The elected officials that could be effected at the border have already requested what they need. But the news is making it a panic.

It did not sound like rhetoric for voters. He made a very clear and concise statement that the caravan would not cross the southern border under any circumstances.

10k people hitting a small entry point isnt exactly something folks can just handle....that size of group would be overwhelming to most any force.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
"Get to" is not the language used..."cross into" I think is the correct language. Whole lot differwnt meaning in those 2 phrases. I think they will get to the boarder...after this much publicity at a time near the elections I have no doubts they will not make it in. The spotlight is much too bright now. If these folks wanted in so badly and it wasn't an organized sponsered ploy they would quietly blend in and slip past like hundreds do daily.

And perhaps they will. Strength in numbers to get through all the hostile territories down south and then once they see what it's like they'll blend in and try to slip in.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

It did not sound like rhetoric for voters. He made a very clear and concise statement that the caravan would not cross the southern border under any circumstances.

10k people hitting a small entry point isnt exactly something folks can just handle....that size of group would be overwhelming to most any force.

Yeah but the Border patrol is already thinking of that and plannign for it. They might have even asked for national Guard troops to help. We don't know.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

I doubt the caravan would make it past our border. There may be some straglers who take side routes, like 50 miles east or west & it probs. clear cause of the distraction.

There are mexicans who already want in the u.s as it is, what makes people think these people won't have a suprise uprise too? They may want to help to come up here. That is a much bigger problem, the influence this caravan may have on already pending to u.s mexicans. If they grab support more will also come from more south.

I think this might be stomped out quick, I also think if it does get into mexico, we have a problem on our hands & that wall will get built quicker than most people expected.

My thought is as it gets closer, unless the Mexican government actually does something, it is going to double or triple in size by picking up a LOT of Mexicans that want in.

I'd bet it is already being planned by many.

There are also plenty of nefarious players in the area that are likely planning to use this distraction to get their people or goods across in the chaos.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My thought is that if these countries are so despondent, the US should just go ahead and take them over military style and incorporate them into the US.

# yeah

then trump and alexander can be mentioned in the same breath for all the # they conquered!!!

right on

oh

caravan... it really sucks then when you search caravan now the top 8 billion results are trump and this convoy of people when it most certainly should be this. it was a few weeks ago i bet.

thanks #ers

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What happens if this big hurricane hits and the trail get flash flooding and washes all these people away?
Will the people who designed and organized it be held accountable?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

# yeah

then trump and alexander can be mentioned in the same breath for all the # they conquered!!!

right on

oh

caravan... it really sucks then when you search caravan now the top 8 billion results are trump and this convoy of people when it most certainly should be this. it was a few weeks ago i bet.

thanks #ers

Why wouldn't the US consider it? You have 10k people that apparently believe their countries are so bad that they cant live there.

If that is the case, then I'd be surprised if the left had an issue with doing exactly that.....taking them over by force.

Or is it that the US is only good when inside the current US border and when they try to help then they are warmongers?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
What happens if this big hurricane hits and the trail get flash flooding and washes all these people away?

Nope....it will likely turn into a "the US didnt do enough to help" thing and blame put on Trump because of climate change causing the hurricane....

The hurricane taking out their passage is a very real possibility though....it would be well ahead of the caravan itself but would make it impossible to pass.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

The timing on it is all wrong, but they could be slowed down by the aftermath -- destroyed infrastructure and the like.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Would make sense to use sharp shooters to take out the known terrorists and MS13 gang members in the mob.
That would dissuade the rest. Job done.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

With this much media attention they arent slipping anywhere en mass. Some small groups might break off and slip in else where, but there is no hiding that many people now. Its been built up too big to back down now...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Why wouldn't the US consider it? You have 10k people that apparently believe their countries are so bad that they cant live there.

this caravan from honduras? guatemala?
i cant keep it straight..

either way

population of honduras = 9.265 million
population of guatemala = 16.91 million

yeah makes sense.

as much as you guys like to bitch about the 'small percentages'

example

there is such a small percentage of transgenders in this country why should i have to have it forced in my face?

but in this very dangerous caravan situation this small percentage means the US should just jack their entire country??

i got that right?

this link

www.usatoday.com... 274002/

says about 5k

another thread says 7k

youre saying 10k

cant be all.

lets decide on a number just for #s and gigs

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Mexican authorities have no means to handle this without violence, they do not have the non lethal measure we are equipt with for masses. So they handle it with minimal violence possible or they let them through & have it grab more attraction than anyone can imagine. It is not next month or 3 months that people will spree, it will be in 6 months or a year everyone will have the notion to hop our border.

We would also have to stop them here which would be hard. We have many illegals here that can turn on us & there not on the system so it is hard to catch them. It is a very touchy situation, non like we have experiance in the last few decades. It will be handled properly if it does reach u.s borders.

Funny part is is half of them could make it in here in the next year or 2 if they just legally signed up as citenzry of the u.s.a.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
/post]

thanks #ers

Yeah if they searched Invasion instead "what it really is" that wouldn't have been an issue.
edit on 23-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join