It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate to Win, Crooked Republicans Turn to Dirty Tricks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

See, we can agree on lots of things. And I used to live just south of Jax in Switzerland off of SR 13.

Glad to be back in Ohio though...seasons throughout the year other than summer.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

See, we can agree on lots of things. And I used to live just south of Jax in Switzerland off of SR 13.

Glad to be back in Ohio though...seasons throughout the year other than summer.

whaaaaaaaat?

im hating ohio right now.
my car is on the bricks and my # will be in thursday and i am not looking forward to wrenching on it when it is cold out.

screw the seasons man

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

By any means necessary, amirite?

I highly doubt send mailers out is what BAMN really stands for.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Everyone knows the Democrats are using mass unchecked immigration as a voting block to stay in power and take control of the country. Democrats know it. Republicans know it. The only ones out of the loop are normies and NPC's who get their news from "late night comedians".

If you want to talk about desperation, do you really think it's a coincidence that when a President comes along who is serious about securing the border all of sudden these caravans of paid "refugees" start invading the country?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Any change in the math will make the majority of the country irrelevant when it comes to voting, something they tried to prevent with the EC.

You would make a much better argument if you went with every state should split the EC along the voting lines, I actually think that's a better route for the country to go and continues to make every state important. (IMO of course)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If the Democrats stop attacking things that rural people love they could easily make inroads to the voting base in the rural areas.

Also over represented... LOL.

Yes, overrepresented. See my last example about the EC. Also consider that 580k people in Wyoming have 2 Senators representing them in the body that confirms *everything*, including judicial appointments, whereas 9 million people in New Jersey are also represented by 2 Senators.

Yes, that would be called ensuring the State of Wyoming has equal input with the other 49 states into Federal matters. If they didn’t, what would be the point of even being a State? The EC is a brilliant solution for a country that want its States equally represented. The House makes allowances for high population states like California. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...no one wants California and NY dictating policy to the rest of the country. They’ve screwed their own States up bad enough, no one would with a single brain cell would give them the keys to do the same to the functioning States.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Under our American system, the Republicans benefit from a builtin advantage in that the rural voters favor conservatives and folks in these sparsely populated areas are disproportionately represented in the EC, in the Senate, etc.

The EC works just fine. You don't like how the EC works.

With this mindset you have about what is "fair", I can ignore the rest of your diatribe.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Do you also acknowledge the blatant corruption on the Democratic side of things as well? Both parties are guilty of shady crap, anyone who says otherwise is trying to delude themselves.

We have to pick our poison.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What I think the real issue here is that we have individuals from the UK interfering in our election by posting a bunch of politically charged rhetoric and fake news on social media.

We need a huge investigation.
/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Under our American system, the Republicans benefit from a builtin advantage in that the rural voters favor conservatives and folks in these sparsely populated areas are disproportionately represented in the EC, in the Senate, etc.

The EC works just fine. You don't like how the EC works.

With this mindset you have about what is "fair", I can ignore the rest of your diatribe.

Read my post above and then consider "why" someone might dislike the EC.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You are too far North. SW Ohio where there are hills left over from the bulldozing done by the glaciers getting to just north of here and then melting because it was too warm to go farther. That’s the trick.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Impossible.

Only democrats so dirty #.

Repubs are squeaky clean.

they are both dirty its just that the republicans appear to be clean due to drowning in the amount of tears the democrats have shedded since trumpster got elected.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: shooterbrody

Awwww.....it is just so unfair.........
lol
seems it was just fine when bho was in office tho.......
you need some play dough or a puppy?

I'm thinking maybe you should worry about getting yourself a new keyboard that doesn't have a stuck period key.

Awww look at you and your concern for your fellow forum members. Bless your heart.

I'm a nice guy.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Personally, I can do with one less season for a while. I've got enough memories of snow removal to last for at least a decade or two.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The Help America Vote Act (& Help America Vote Verification) created a situation where ineligible & fictional people can register to vote and cast votes without throwing up any red flags upon which to base an investigation.

It's the voter fraud tailor-made for the loopholes in the HAVA & HAVV that concerns me.

I'm interested to hear more about this. Would you care to expound a bit?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

The Help America Vote Act (& Help America Vote Verification) created a situation where ineligible & fictional people can register to vote and cast votes without throwing up any red flags upon which to base an investigation.

It's the voter fraud tailor-made for the loopholes in the HAVA & HAVV that concerns me.

I'm interested to hear more about this. Would you care to expound a bit?

I work the polls as an election judge. I'd like to see some proof of this (since I know first hand what it takes to actually be able to vote)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Three points:
1) Gerrymandering isn't a real problem. You may not like it but it's not an actual abuse-able problem. If you don't agree, do tell, what's the proper makeup of a district?

2) A wrong deadline for absentee ballots is likely to affect republicans more than dems since absentee ballots tend to lean more republican than the voting population of an area (largely due to military service voters and such). Hardly a winning strategy for a republican to employ.

3) If you're too dumb to check the date you have to vote by (whether in person or by mail) should you really be voting?

ETA:
Bonus) Why would you find it unethical or some form of cheating for republicans to suggest democrats write in another dem? Was it just as unethical for hillary to help push donald trump to the forefront because she thought he'd be easy to beat?
edit on 24-10-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Do you understand why that is? Do you understand why we have the house and the senate and the purpose of each? It's actually one of the things that makes this country great, it's not a negative. Judging by your incredulity that wyoming has the same number of senators as california or new jersey, you need to read the federalist papers and do some remedial civics. You seem to have a bastardized view of how the country is supposed to function, like many lefties who never took the time to understand the beauty of how our government was intended to function.
edit on 24-10-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I work the polls as an election judge

Thats actually concerning, as its pretty apparent you have a strong political bias via your posting history.

Having said that, sadly I'm sure there is an equivalent counterpart from the right.

Hopefully you and your counterparts didnt take the position to ensure your party wins at any cost and are able to overcome the bias and do the right thing for everyone and not just your party or candidate.

edit on 461031America/ChicagoWed, 24 Oct 2018 01:46:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: TinySickTears

You are too far North. SW Ohio where there are hills left over from the bulldozing done by the glaciers getting to just north of here and then melting because it was too warm to go farther. That’s the trick.

I grew up in SE Ohio, same type of terrain. Beautiful country.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join