It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate to Win, Crooked Republicans Turn to Dirty Tricks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If the Democrats stop attacking things that rural people love they could easily make inroads to the voting base in the rural areas.

Also over represented... LOL.

Yes, overrepresented. See my last example about the EC. Also consider that 580k people in Wyoming have 2 Senators representing them in the body that confirms *everything*, including judicial appointments, whereas 9 million people in New Jersey are also represented by 2 Senators.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And Washington DC isn’t even a state yet has 3 EC votes as well.

Hope you live in the rural area of NJ. Camden scared me more than Philly did. And there is no love in Philly, brotherly or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Awwww.....it is just so unfair.........
lol
seems it was just fine when bho was in office tho.......
you need some play dough or a puppy?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

If your OPs weren't so partisan, and reflected your purported beliefs in both parties being equal post op...

I've never understood this argument. How many threads authored by right-wingers have you posted in over the last week?

In how many of those threads did you think to call the OP out for partisan bias? Have you *ever* called out a fellow conservative for partisan bias on ATS?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I do believe there should be a case where people are too stupid to be allowed to vote. Kind of like those people who see a Nigerian letter and think they are now rich.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

lol

I'm thinking maybe you should worry about getting yourself a new keyboard that doesn't have a stuck period key.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Bohemia-based PDQ Print and Mail owner Scott Nordin said in a statement that the Zeldin campaign had sent and approved the piece with Nov. 5, but “the wrong file was printed.” A new run with the corrected date has been sent out, he said.

Boyle said the campaign “caught that error before going to print and updated the proof, but the printer unfortunately ended up using the wrong version by accident.”

The campaign’s emails, Facebook ads, website landing page, have all referenced only the Nov 5 deadline, he said.

Zeldin Mailer Uses Wrong Deadline

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The EC is weird.

Non-partisan fact: There are more Democrats than Republicans in the United States (Pew Research Center 2017).

Therefore (if everyone were to vote), there would be more Democratic votes than Republican. Broad summation, I know people vote across lines all the time, I'm just using this as an example.

I've never understood the argument for the EC. One person's vote shouldn't count more than someone else's. That's just being fair, every vote should be equal.

I've also never understood why a national vote is counted on a state level. Why should Wyoming votes count more than New Jersey, or any other state? If it's a national election, which state the vote is coming from should be taken out of the equation completely. It should only be tallied as total votes, not total votes from each state. That's weird to me.

But, I feel like the US should be split up into a few different countries so people have more even representation, so I realize I'm the odd man out in this discussion.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Already looking for excuses for why your blue team lost, I see?
edit on 23-10-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Lost? The elections aren't until November 6th. Not saying that team blue (or red) is going to win, just that nothing has been won or lost yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

And Washington DC isn’t even a state yet has 3 EC votes as well.

How much say I have as an individual in choosing the president shouldn't have anything to do with where I'm currently living. I was born in MI, raised in GA (where I also own a home on a decent chunk of land), I've lived for a short time in FL and I've been in NJ for two decades. Speaking of FL, depending on the relocation package in the final offer, my wife and I might be moving to the Jacksonville, FL area next year.

Why should my vote count differently depending on where I live? The EC is a vestige of a time when the US was confederation of former colonies, all vying for dominance in a fledgling government. That's not present day America.

Hope you live in the rural area of NJ.

I do and I'm looking forward to leaving in the not too distant future. Not because I dislike living in a rural area, I don't. In fact, if we don't end up in Jacksonville, we'll likely end up moving to our house in Georgia which is even more rural.

This area is just economically stagnant and that's how they apparently like it because our local government is super interested in keeping out new business in some misguided effort to maintain our small-dying-rural-town ambience.

Camden scared me more than Philly did.

Well to be fair, Camden is a Philly suburb but yes, it's *really* bad.

And there is no love in Philly, brotherly or otherwise.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Filthadelphia either.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
The EC is weird.

Non-partisan fact: There are more Democrats than Republicans in the United States (Pew Research Center 2017).

Therefore (if everyone were to vote), there would be more Democratic votes than Republican. Broad summation, I know people vote across lines all the time, I'm just using this as an example.

I've never understood the argument for the EC. One person's vote shouldn't count more than someone else's. That's just being fair, every vote should be equal.

I've also never understood why a national vote is counted on a state level. Why should Wyoming votes count more than New Jersey, or any other state? If it's a national election, which state the vote is coming from should be taken out of the equation completely. It should only be tallied as total votes, not total votes from each state. That's weird to me.

But, I feel like the US should be split up into a few different countries so people have more even representation, so I realize I'm the odd man out in this discussion.

The states were formed as their own sovereign nations, that answered to the federal government. That is why the States vote for president, and used to elect the senators. The senate represented the states, and the house the population.

(post by Breakthestreak removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: narrator
The EC is weird.

The states were formed as their own sovereign nations, that answered to the federal government. That is why the States vote for president, and used to elect the senators. The senate represented the states, and the house the population.

Yes, I understand it on a fundamental level. But, there are waaaay too many people in the US now for this to still be a viable thing. A lot of our states have more people than entire countries now, it doesn't make sense to keep it as it was back then. It doesn't make logical sense, and we shouldn't keep it structured that way just because it was originally laid out that way.
We wouldn't have 100% of what we do now if we stuck with, "well that's how it was originally planned so we need to keep it that way". All innovation comes from changing the status quo.

It needs an overhaul. We need an overhaul.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

We disagree on that.
But we have drifted off topic.

On Topic:
I wish we hired politicians that were interested in representing the people, rather than furthering their own power.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It's a federal republic. Without the electoral college, federalism wouldn't be possible. The popular vote applies to the state level, not the federal level.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: shooterbrody

lol

I'm thinking maybe you should worry about getting yourself a new keyboard that doesn't have a stuck period key.

Awww look at you and your concern for your fellow forum members. Bless your heart.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I wasn't saying that voter fraud isn't a real thing, I was saying the supposed epidemic of voter fraud is a fake. That is, the actual incidence of voter fraud is outrageously exaggerated to justify voter ID laws.

The Help America Vote Act (& Help America Vote Verification) created a situation where ineligible & fictional people can register to vote and cast votes without throwing up any red flags upon which to base an investigation.

It's the voter fraud tailor-made for the loopholes in the HAVA & HAVV that concerns me.

Every time we get a whiff of it, it's generically explained away as some 'glitch' in the system.

There's no way you or anyone can claim to know the scope of voter fraud and that is BY DESIGN. You can't claim it to be fake or exaggerated. The lawmakers that made it possible to cheat through the HAVA and HAVV -- without raising any red flags in the system -- are elected and, therefore, have the most motive to cheat, Democrats and Republicans.

These flyers are almost comical. Probably just some bread & circuses to make you feel like you figured out their game and are on to them now.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I thought "By any means necessary" was the slogan for the mid-terms. Oh, silly me, that's the Democrats.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

On Topic:
I wish we hired politicians that were interested in representing the people, rather than furthering their own power.

And on that, we are in complete agreement. Politics has become a run for power, not helping out the populace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join