It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate to Win, Crooked Republicans Turn to Dirty Tricks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Edumakated

So Democrats are now magically considering voting Republican because of a flyer and maybe mislead on said flyer by an incorrect date?

No. I feel like maybe you didn't read everything before commenting. The mailers in Washington are made up to look as though they come from a left-wing "progressive" organization, feature logos from liberal groups (used with out consent to confer endorsement) and encourage prospective Democratic voters to write in the names of former Democratic candidates from recent elections.

I'm referencing your first example for Zeldin. It just shows he sent out something with wrong date and makes no mention of anything looking like it is from Democrats. That assertion is made in your second example which is an entirely different case.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

www.newsday.com...

The campaign said it sent a follow-up mail piece with the correct date.

Guess mailing out items with the proper date is not sufficient?

Seems the DNC had some issues in NY during the 2016 primaries....
en.wikipedia.org...

The Democratic vote was marred by major irregularities at polling places across Brooklyn. The city comptroller's office announced that the Board of Elections had confirmed that more than 200,000 Democratic voters in Brooklyn were dropped between November and this month, while about 63,000 were added – a net loss that was not explained. Mayor Bill de Blasio described 'the purging of entire buildings and blocks of voters,' while the comptroller, Scott Stringer, said his office would audit the Board of Elections.[4] Although 121,056 people voted with provisional ballots In New York City, the board threw out nearly 91,000[

www.seattletimes.com...

Fuse Washington and the Washington State Labor Council, whose names are listed on the mailers, are speaking with attorneys to see what, if any, recourse they could take against Morgan or the PAC, according to representatives for both groups.

what recourse if any.......
so it does not sound as if any of this is illegal?

Interesting the people of Washington state backed Sanders in the recent Democratic primary.....seems they are used to dirty tricks, no?

but you are probably right....its just the "cons" that are involved with "dirty tricks"....

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like Democrats infiltrated the printers !!

Any means necessary.

💥😃💥

Remember YOUR vote counts Nov 6th 😸

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The only way to fix this illegal rigging by the GOP is to get off your asses and vote Nov. 7th!!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Age related?

I believe most old people tend to vote republican.

So voter id is suppressing republicans in that instance?

This is a joke.

Voter id is very reasonable and is applied in almost all other developed countries.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

spying on a presidential campaign

Not only is that *not* what happened, there's been zero evidence that anything obtained by the FBI's surveillance was provided to the Democrats, let along Clinton's campaign.

dispensing with the presumption of innocence

Also not what happened. And not relevant to the topic of election rigging/voter suppression.

run 'em out of public places'

Well at least that actually has happened but it's not really comparable to what's being discussed.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well zeldin is gonna win anyway. You should seen the advertisement gershon put out with a cancer patient saying zeldin wants her to die, and is against covering pre existing conditions, which is false. What a scummy guy ppl don't like him.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
To the OP. You must have some REALLY DUMB, low information voters for your party if they are falling for these stunts, but I guess they wouldn't do it if it didn't work? I see it as alright b/c I actually believe informed people should vote, not someone who gets a single fake flier and writes a fake name on a card.
edit on 10 23 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ahhh,old people tend to vote republican...Just how old is old?
I am 63 years old and I made a very serious mistake in 2008,I voted
democrat.I will never vote democrat again,I do learn from my mistakes!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Do you also acknowledge the blatant corruption on the Democratic side of things as well? Both parties are guilty of shady crap, anyone who says otherwise is trying to delude themselves.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Super Delegates.

Primary rigging.

Kayne and other like minded African Americans being called uncle toms.

Kavanaugh hearing circus.

Democratic leadership supporting the Cartels and human traffickers by motivating people to crash the border.

"If he wins we'll all hang from nooses"

I can go on and on Ante, but this is enough to show which party is truly desperate.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A little off topic.

But on gerrymandering.

I fully acknowledge that although both sides do this, the republicans seem to be worse at it.

To me it is absolutely absurd when you see the jig saw shapes that some of the districts are.

This should be done away with immediatly. I know the PA courts just reshaped my district to try to deal with this.

Again, I hope to run for office in the future. My take is that I will present my ideas, and if the voters reject me, so be it. To try to reshape districts to ensure a victory is corrupt and anti democratic, and we should do a better job calling it out.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
To the OP. You must have some REALLY DUMB, low information voters for your party if they are falling for these stunts, but I guess they wouldn't do it if it didn't work? I see it as alright b/c I actually believe informed people should vote, not someone who gets a single fake flier and writes a fake name on a card.

Ante is small fry CNN, and the ATS members that blindly star and flag the OP's are equivalent to CNN's viewership.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
A little off topic.

But on gerrymandering.

I fully acknowledge that although both sides do this, the republicans seem to be worse at it.

To me it is absolutely absurd when you see the jig saw shapes that some of the districts are.

This should be done away with immediatly. I know the PA courts just reshaped my district to try to deal with this.

Again, I hope to run for office in the future. My take is that I will present my ideas, and if the voters reject me, so be it. To try to reshape districts to ensure a victory is corrupt and anti democratic, and we should do a better job calling it out.

Sadly, its been this way since the Democrats formed the "Solid South".

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
A little off topic.

But on gerrymandering.

Its incredibly Anti-American and antithetical to freedom as a whole. To think our democratic system has been under attack for so long, and people are only just now waking up to it... damn sahem.
edit on 23-10-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

link   

First, it is not a Presidential Election year, so the Electoral College has zero to do with anything. But let’s look at it for a minute. California has 55 votes, New York has 29 and Illinois has 20. The residents of each state cannot overrule their respective cities of LA, NYC and Chicago. A total of 104 of the needed 270 or 38.5% is determined by people making up a total of 1039 square miles out of a country that has 3.8 million square miles. Or by population, 15.3 million deciding 38.5% of the EC needed to win for 325.7 million people which is less than 5% of the population having nearly 40% of the voice in deciding who the president will be.

I don’t think the people in the sticks are a problem to the urbane. Unless of course you continue to wish away their voice completely. And note, I did not include San Francisco in any of those calculations.

link   
What an effing lie.

Then there is the snip they tried to pull in California and Texas.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That's all on top of all the "voter ID" laws which purport to be solutions to the fake epidemic of voter fraud but are really about eking out a little more statistical advantage.

It's good enough to buy a firearm.

It's good enough to vote.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Age related?

I believe most old people tend to vote republican.

So voter id is suppressing republicans in that instance?

Quite possibly, yes. But that would fall under the category of justifiable collateral damage — as long as the net effect is suppressing more potential Democrat than Republican votes.

This is a joke.

It's not.

Voter id is very reasonable and is applied in almost all other developed countries.

How many other developed countries have anything like the EC? So are you in favor of doing away with the EC so that the popular vote wins the presidency? Speaking of which, how many other developed countries have 50+ sets of election laws and resultant processes/requirements?

It really comes down to the specifics of the verification scheme and its implementation. Some states have done better jobs of mitigating impact. I would also imagine that the impact will lessen with time as more people become accustomed to new laws/requirements.

Most people are not fundamentally against verifying the identities of voters, myself included. It needs to be something that's not disproportionately burdensome.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join