It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-time lurker, 2nd account in 14 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My first account used an email I no longer have access to, and was made some 14+ years ago. So here I am again!

First things first, I've been a paranormie since I was a wee grasshopper, starting in the early 90s when I had a series of night-terrors where I was chased by aliens, ending with my first lucid dream in which my father recommended I try to see myself as a soldier or superhero in my dream, which worked. I fought off the beings in their home base, but was forever changed.

I became obsessed with unsolved mysteries and sci-fi novels, and in my early teenage years, we got our first 14.4k modem. The internet opened the gates further, and by my early 20's I stumbled on this very site, and have lurked here ever since. I made a few short posts on my old account, but never made a big splash, prefering to use this site as a jumping-off point for various research efforts.

Since then I've had many experiences, physical and spiritual, but found that even in its early days this site had a number of people whose first response to claims was often "go to a psych and get checked". While I agree that a degree of mental health advice should be prominent when dealing with a conspiracy forum, it does also dissuade those of us who feel we have something to contribute but don't want to be heckled into oblivion. It can be hard enough to share things with those you trust and love, and even harder when you know the first responses are going to be attacks on your sanity.

So why am I posting now? Well, I have a lot thicker skin than I used to, but I've also seen this site have a rather large shift in ideology, largely in the political sense. I might end up telling my stories someday, but mostly I just want to be more open in commenting on other posts. For now, a warm hello, and I hope to hear from you all soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Welcome back!
Better late then never.
a reply to: QuantumXAnomaly

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Thanks! I tried forever to recover the old account, but I'm pretty sure it's logged under an old AT&T account, or maybe a hotmail, of which my login name was more complex than I can remember, and even my name on this site im pretty sure was slightly different from my usual moniquer, complicating things more lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Welcome back ! 😊

Look forward to reading your posts.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Welcome again and so looking forward to your posts. You sound so much more interesting than the usual political suspects of recent.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences, and don't worry, I won't tell you to go see a psychologist.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Haha! Well thanks, but I actually HAVE been to several psychologists, on multiple occasions, and I can assure you, depending on where you are in the country, they don't really give a rats backend about helping you find solace in your experience, they just want to push really powerful and expensive meds. Therapists are hit and miss, again, depending on where you live. 'Round here, it's a solid miss lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Welcome

Great advice your dad gave you about your lucid dreaming.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You hit the nail on the head on that one. I never bothered to see anyone about my experiences, I could tell from the disdain of those around me what would happen. Rather than going to a mental institution, I just kept everything to myself.

I've got a long story to tell as well. Its begins from my childhood until recently in the last few years when the stuff just stopped all of a sudden. Well it hasn't stopped so much to say that it got a hell of a lot less intense. I'm hoping to hear more about your experiences as I said previously, blessings be upon you.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Welcome back! I look forward to seeing what you do post.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hey welcome back. Would love to hear about your spiritual and physical experiences you hinted at.

I used to only have nightmares when i was kid. That was until my mom suggested that i try to control them if i know i am in a dream. That night i had my first lucid dream, and after years of lucid dreaming, started to practice astral projection when i was about 18.

It definitely changed my life as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

My lucid dreaming skills have been on and off, and I've never QUITE got to astral projection, but on the flipside, my meditation and visualization skills I feel are way more intense, and that's where I feel like I have the most "contact", and feel like I'm in touch with something akin to astral projection without the silver cord and seeing your own body stuff.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oooooh, I love the topics you mentioned and hope to see you around the boards!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks! I hope to be posting some stuff soon. Been going through my old journals to find and collect as much of it as I can, although unfortunately I think some of it may be lost, so I might be relying on memory for some spots. I'll do my best not to be hyperbolic though.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Looking forward to it!

new topics

top topics

join