It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Is A Genius

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Being from the Finger Lakes region of NYS, it may seem odd, but I LOVE sausage gravy and biscuits. Unfortunately, my family does not. To top that off, nobody makes it around here.

So last week I was in Speedway, a gas station/convenience store in town. They have premade biscuits filled with sausage gravy. Pick it up and eat away! And they are GREAT!

The creator is truly a genius! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I too love a good biscuit and gravy! So much so I looked up some recipes for it...come to find out its super simple. Milk flour sausage (keep the drippings) and some pepper...takes longer to cook the sausage than make the gravy. Also FYI banquet makes a pot pie version for .89 cents which can be found in any Wal-Mart I've been to.
edit on 23-10-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

That sounds worse than a battered Mars bar, S&F for entertainment value though,

You nasty, lol

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You just made me have a craving for some!
Reminds me of thanksgiving with the family. I always get a lot of food and mix it all together then top it off with biscuits and gravy....a lot of gravy.
OMG sooooo good

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Speedway actually has has some decent sandwiches - breakfast and cheeseburgers as well. I tried their pizza and it was horrible.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Lays potato chips has a Southern Biscuits and Gravy chip flavor now too!

Found them in a Speedway station here in Michigan! Don't know about anywhere else tho...

Awesome!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Don't knock it until you try it. It's actually quite good. Reminds me of what we had as children. Dad was in the USMC during WW2 and they were fed chipped beef in milk gravy. It was called"sheat on a shingle" or, SOS for short. That is delicious on a biscuit or toast as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Speedway actually has has some decent sandwiches - breakfast and cheeseburgers as well. I tried their pizza and it was horrible.

You are right....before they were carrying these biscuits, I would get the cheeseburger with bacon on a croissant roll.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I was just having a giggle, but you're spot-on,

I'm actually a big fan of Haggis, much to my partners disgust, lol

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oak Hill, south of Penn Yan. Go for breakfast. Kind of by the Windmill.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You just made me have a craving for some!
Reminds me of thanksgiving with the family. I always get a lot of food and mix it all together then top it off with biscuits and gravy....a lot of gravy.
OMG sooooo good

Omg sir you are my long lost brother I make thanksgiving leftover sandwiches drown in gravy, I enjoy the leftovers more than the main meal!!!🤤

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
Oak Hill, south of Penn Yan. Go for breakfast. Kind of by the Windmill.

I love the Windmill...I have a radio station in Penn Yan/Dundee...I will try it

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There's a diner in western Maryland (about an hour outside of Deep Creek Lake) called Annie's Kitchen that makes the best biscuit and gravy you've ever tasted. I always say that they put crack in them. One taste and you are ruined. SO good.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Lucky me I live in the deep south. We have fresh made biscuits and gravy at just about every gas station and I had me a double order this morning.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
There's a diner in western Maryland (about an hour outside of Deep Creek Lake) called Annie's Kitchen that makes the best biscuit and gravy you've ever tasted. I always say that they put crack in them. One taste and you are ruined. SO good.
Stop it y’all here I am stuck with grape nuts and y’all are talking about the best biscuits and gravy, you’re killing me smalls!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Lucky me I live in the deep south. We have fresh made biscuits and gravy at just about every gas station and I had me a double order this morning.

I am jealous... when I was working at google in NC, I had the good stuff for 3 months straight!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=2388

I love the Windmill...I have a radio station in Penn Yan/Dundee...I will try it

Wiffler!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is a place in Sanford Florida called
the Pook Bear,

yes you read that right, the Pook Bear, they have the absolute best biscuits and gravy, and grits.
You might get robbed or shot going there, but it will be worth it. There is nothing that makes a good ol' biscuit and gravy taste better than risking your life for it.
Yes, they have bars on the windows, but it will be so worth it.

edit on 23-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Best food in the world right there. Had it every morning at grandmas house during the summer. I aint god unless a siuthern woman makes it though. And it has to be made in a 50 year old cast iron skillet with 50 years of bacon fat and lard to season it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

That sounds worse than a battered Mars bar,

Listen, I've had enough of those Mars bars running their mouth about me behind my back. I'm sorry I let my temper get the best of me, but he had it coming. Now I'm in the county lock up but they have the best biscuits and gravy on the planet.
edit on 23-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join