It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Yet you keep returning with no suggestions. Like I said, you're a "caring" fraud who can't stay away from what you call a bait thread.

Thanks for proving my point.

Watch you return for more!!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill
a reply to: narrator

Easily answered.
- I've served and fought for my country with an honorable discharge. At my age I no longer fight physically for these causes due to age restrictions, I fight mentally by voting for those who have my interests in mind.
- I have a modest 5 acres of land in Virginia and would gladly hold all I could to assist. I don't have enough tents though, but I'm sure you'll gladly help donate them since I'm providing the land.
-My taxes are my donation. As a citizen my taxes help pay for border security.

I hope I've answered your questions and as you can see as an American citizen, unlike others who aren't, I'm doing my part and it directly affects me unlike those who don't live here.

I truly understand your points, and they are valid. But, they aren't definitive. Taxes also pay for our legal system, and seeking asylum is a legal thing for these folks to do, so both yours and my taxes are also going to pay for these people's right to do exactly what they're doing.

It's a complicated situation. But ultimately, what they are doing is legal. It is for the US anyway, I'm not sure about how long they're allowed to be in Mexico (I'm not familiar with Mexico's legal system, thankfully). However, once they get to our border and ask for asylum, we're legally required to hold a hearing for them and provide safe passage should their hearing prove that it's needed.
It's a murky area for sure. But ultimately, it's legal, so they're doing nothing wrong in coming here.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If you are unaware, this was Krysties first post I replied to... "If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life."

What possible counter argument does that deserve? Why didn't you speak up after that post from Krysties about how comments like that don't promote proper debate?

If someone presents something logical like your questions to me I'll gladly reply in kind. I called that poster out for exactly the nonsense they posted.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I fully agree with you and I don't have a single issue with them doing things legally. So we are both in agreement. My issue is and will always be with those who do it illegally.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yet you keep returning with no suggestions. Like I said, you're a "caring" fraud who can't stay away from what you call a bait thread.

Thanks for proving my point.

Watch you return for more!!

Ive actually already given my answer, that "refugees" aren't illegal if they apply for it - and to do so they have to front up at the border.

Of course you're to interested in insulting and baiting to have seen that post.

edit on 23/10/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

A few things I noticed earlier in the thread were interesting. OP would answer one post and then immediately answer another post two minutes later.....with a long and winded reply that would have taken me ten to fifteen minutes to even type let alone proof read for errors. Clearly pre-prepped replies that all to often have no correlation to the post responded to.

There was even one place somewhere back there where a reply from OP was exactly word for word the same as had been replied a page earlier.

Yeah I noticed that to.

I got the impression he has a Notepad file open and is just copy/pasting to this and other websites.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Correction. I replied to your first post..."If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life.", which I called you out for.

There was absolutely no need for a childish comment of that nature. Don't like being called out, then don't make immature comments like that to open with.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Correction. I replied to your first post..."If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life.", which I called you out for.

There was absolutely no need for a childish comment of that nature. Don't like being called out, then don't make immature comments like that to open with.

Don't make bait threads then, and if you do, have a box of tissues handy for the inevitable tears that will come from your eyes when people call you out on it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"Ive actually already given my answer, that "refugees" aren't illegal if they apply for it - and to do so they have to front up at the border."

And we both agree on that issue.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I didn't make the thread so give the tissue to the OP. I don't need it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

"Ive actually already given my answer, that "refugees" aren't illegal if they apply for it - and to do so they have to front up at the border."

And we both agree on that issue.

So what's the point of this thread then? The migrant caravan is headed for the border, presumably to apply for refugee status. Glad we had this conversation.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Read the title, it's clear what the OP asked. I guess you missed what he asked because you couldn't wait to say..."If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life." Which as you can see was real productive for discussion, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I’ve got a solution. How about we stop overthrowing their governments when they try to make life better for their people? How about we stop manipulating their elections? How about we stop stealing their natural resources, or turning their nations into sweat shops for us corporations? How about we don’t train right wing dictators to rape and murder their own people? If we stopped doing these things, maybe they would be able to have hope for better lives in their own nations, and wouldn’t be coming here.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Clinton Foundation to the rescue?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
I’ve got a solution. How about we stop overthrowing their governments when they try to make life better for their people? How about we stop manipulating their elections? How about we stop stealing their natural resources, or turning their nations into sweat shops for us corporations? How about we don’t train right wing dictators to rape and murder their own people? If we stopped doing these things, maybe they would be able to have hope for better lives in their own nations, and wouldn’t be coming here.

That's way too logical. A few have been saying it for years but it goes against what America does. The US could at least take over their countries so they don't have to move 1000s of miles to be in America.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Start rounding people up for a organ transfer program and they will go home and we will have no one on any organ wait list.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Not an open borders guy, but I say Mexico needs to make room for a migrant camp and help us process them all systematically.

If Mexico doesnt want another Calais, then they need to take care of this issue.

Right now, its a Mexico issue.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Not enough kids to usher away into child slavery

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Can we increase your tax burden by say 20% to help pay? Our country can't take care of everyone. I will not burn my house down trying to save another countries problems. Sorry. Oh BTW we spent more on illegals giving birth in this country in one year that it will cost to build the wall. I DO NOT CARE TO PAY FOR ILLEGALS IN THIS COUNTRY!! Not my problem not my responsibility. You leftists who advocate for this invasion step forward and pay for it out of your own pockets. If you cannot see that Soros is trying to collapse this country than you either lack common sense or your own station in life is miserable and want everyone else in the same position. MISERY LOVE COMPANY RIGHT!!!
edit on 23-10-2018 by Ansuzrune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
a reply to: pointessa

So far the consensus is that we send them back in no uncertain terms, which I agree with. I am kind of surprised that those that believe in Sanctuary cities and no borders aren't speaking up, you are the ones that I am really looking to hear from. Those that claim they welcome "undocumented immigrants" with open arms.. What about this scenario? How many caravans are you willing to welcome?

There's a couple of reasons why you aren't getting that discussion...
1) Most of the liberals have decided that it's not worth it to attempt to discuss things. You'll get some combatants but the rest are reading other boards or are elsewhere.
2) You are making a couple of assumptions that restrict the possible people who could answer to just about zero. Not everyone's in favor of open borders, there are several types of open border policies, and you also assume that all liberals want sanctuary cities as a blanket policy (rather than asking who they'd pick to save)

So your question looks like a set up, as at least one other person has said. You seem to be taking the easy way out of reading "what liberals say" from conservative sites like Fox and its ilk and not actually going to the sites to read what the liberals are saying.

So you're not going to get any real answers.

Yes, there's liberals/Democrats working on this and discussing it, but they're not doing it on ATS.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join