It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing like being excluded from the work lottery pool because you are POOR!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is an interesting perspective.

If I actually won I would give my family some money and by family I mean my mom. My brother needs to get off his rear and be independent. He is 37 and still lives at home and plays video games. I won't give him money to enable it.

I would also help a few friends out and start college funds for their kids. I would start a few of my own charities for single parents, the homeless and mental health. I think all of those are important and there isn't enough out there for those who struggle with such things. I think helping people get on their feet and make the steps to get better or do it on their own are what many people need and that is the hardest part for many.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I have to say, every time I come across you on these boards it seems to be you complaining about your job.

Now I have had my fair share of crappy jobs so I know that it sucks but I think for you, you just need to either get a new job or try to change your perspective on it and start looking to find some positives.

Is it any wonder she's always complaining about her job their clearly ostracizing her.
Being a single mum jobs with flexible hours probably aren't that common so greatly compromising her ability to move on.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I worked in a bar with drunk strippers for years and let me tell you it was a MUCH happier environment! I never in a million years thought i would say that but it's a fact.

Drunk strippers are typically the happiest people on the planet, they're getting paid to be naked whereas the rest of us have to do it for free.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I want to be the first person ever.

To win both the Powerball and Megamillions at the same time!

$2.2 billion!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I worked in a bar with drunk strippers for years and let me tell you it was a MUCH happier environment! I never in a million years thought i would say that but it's a fact.

Drunk strippers are typically the happiest people on the planet, they're getting paid to be naked whereas the rest of us have to do it for free.

As a CEO, I am a regular with a few, but I pay for there time and to talk more than anything. Especially this one Pakistan/Egyptian girl, If I was just a 1.5% dumber of a man I would give her a ring regardless of answer (she is amazing) I find it easier to relate to them any anyone else anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
As a CEO, I am a regular with a few, but I pay for there time and to talk more than anything. Especially this one Pakistan/Egyptian girl, If I was just a 1.5% dumber of a man I would give her a ring regardless of answer (she is amazing) I find it easier to relate to them any anyone else anyway.

Imagine high school and a little after that me when my dad was moonlighting and helping his friend run one of his 4 strip clubs. The girls all used to come to our house to use the pool.

Do you think I had an excess of 'friends' wanting to stop by?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

Bingo!

Being a single mom is like having a scarlet letter on your chest sometimes.

It makes it really hard to find work. I am available during the week but weekends I can't work as I have no child care, plus the cost of child care would be MORE than what I would bring home! It's crazy.

I manage on what i have. It's not a lot but we have fun and my son is never without. I don't expect or even ask for sympathy because I am a single mom. I chose to leave a very toxic relationship than stay and be taken care of. I didn't want my son raised in an unhealthy environment.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Exactly!!! Heck when one didn't like you they didn't pretend to your face, you knew it and you just avoided one another. If you had to sit together for a client you played nice. I swear that environment as crazy as it sounds was the happiest most relaxed environment i have ever worked in. Heck even the management was nicer and more helpful. It's so odd to me how that works lol I would never go back as it's been years and I am way too old now. I would die on the pole and be done after one shot!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I want to be the first person ever.

To win both the Powerball and Megamillions at the same time!

$2.2 billion!!!!

Wouldn't that be insane!@

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

I wasn't having a go, I was just saying its obvious that her job is the problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

I honestly made most of my money by talking. Many of my clients were from the Kennedy Space Center, NASA and different space contractors. They LOVED that I was interested and knew their field. I had a blast with them and they always brought me medals or memorabilia. It became a requirement almost lol I even toured a brand new sub that was built and at the port. I was drinking shots with the engineers and makers of the sub! It was awesome! Fun times for sure.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yep it would be.

I'd lose 1 billion just for taxes.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

And as long as you keep that mentality then you've already won the most valuable lottery there is, the kharma lottery and your childs love and respect lottery.
Dont stress about the job just soldier on whilst keeping your childs needs at the forefront which of course the ability to support it.
And as for the very toxic relationship. .......well theres always the alimony?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yes cool no problems.
Neither was i having a go at you, i innocently thought i was just making a few points.
Please forgive me for giving that impression.
edit on 23-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Right there with you mate. I own very little, I work just a few hours a day because I have parents that need a lot of care (might have written about that before on ATS) and so cannot have full time employment anyway, recently work had this get together and people were asked to give what they could now I had a spare couple of quid (about thirty pounds) and dropped it into an envelope and wrote "STAFF EVENT" and put my name on it (we were asked to do so) and when it came time for the event I arrived and was handed back the envelope, I asked why and was told "We know how few hours you work and know that you can't afford to pay it. Don't worry you can still attend the staff event but you don't have to pay for it" I stood there for a few seconds in my head working out which reaction to give:

Yes I got my money back and get to go.
or
WTF are you talking about? I decide what I can and cannot afford to pay for.

I went with the WTF and then went off on a tirade about who they think they are? what right do they have to decide if I can pay toward or for something. I told them to take the money, they said they didn't want to and so I thought screw it and walked off, on my way home I did spend some of the money on a sausage roll and a drink but didn't keep the money I bought a local homeless bloke some food to eat and have him a tenner for later. Then went home and was left fuming over it. So yeah I can understand you, I know people think they're doing the kind thing when they know someone doesn't earn a lot of money or have money to spare but my rule has always been and always will be "Let me decide what I can and cant afford".

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Would be nice to be able to decide for yourself, but if your colleagues don't want to include you, they're probably not worth your time or effort.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

My commiserations so in honor of your snubbing you win the 'rant of the day so far' award.

Karma is a bitch and it will come back to haunt those who have belittled or demeaned you. I don't understand the hostility towards female co-workers, in my experiences they boost morale because they know how to take the workplace smart ass down a notch.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I am so mad right now..

SO I work for a small local company with less than 20 employees. Well they all had a lotto pool going and not ONE asked me. When i asked around I was found out it was because they knew I couldn't afford the minimum buy in. Are you F*&^%&$^ kidding me?! Wow. Nothing like being kicked while you are already down. I am the ONLY one who works here who is a single mom that has zero support or child support for that matter. I make crap pay, have ZERO benefits and am worked like a horse. I am so beyond annoyed at this moment. How discriminatory is that?! I don't get easily offended but I AM now. I could have given $4 but $20 is a bit out of my budget and yes I literally live pay check to pay check down to the penny. $20 is a couple packs of meat to me for dinner for the week.

I am going to buy my two tickets and will every single witch incantation I know for wealth so I win.

That was incomprehensibly insensitive. They couldve at least asked you if you wanted in!*

*PS...forget the witch incantations...it's just bad karma to come back to you!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Wait, you are mad because they didn't ask you to join the pool because they thought you wouldn't be able to afford the $20 buy in, and you can't, but you would have liked the option to say no or to have put less in.

I think you are wasting energy being irritated at a non issue. Doing a lottery pool is dumb anyways. Buy a ticket whey you can afford it and not when being pressured. When they all lose you can go into work with a big smile on the money they wasted!

Focus on yourself, forget all the office drama.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So how do they know you can't afford it? Is it because you have complained about it before? I mean you kind of put them in a no win situation to be honest. One way they are respecting you and another they are not.

It reminds of the friend who I would ask to go out every damn weekend. After 10 "no's", weekend after weekend, I stopped asking and then I get the complaint that I don't ask lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join