It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new American spirit of learning to live the new and changing ways of the American way of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I thought this would be a good topic. Since many of us here are in our 60's and over. I just want to say, fast change in a society is a way for destruction of the old way. For example: Today, what happened to the "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year " cards. What are they saying these days. That is the topic of this thread. Quick changes is destroying ones way of when one was brought up.
To honor the flag in school, we just said it. But now it is really part of our connection to our heritage to our country and sadly, I see people saying "screw heritage" we want no meaning to what it belongs to a country.

for those of you reading this, I see it as an open mirror of truth

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ur azz

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, having just turned 60 this year, I can assure you that no amount of mob rules mentality will take from me the American principles and ideals I was instilled with over those 60 years, to include 40 years of service in the US Air Force in various roles.

I will always honor our flag and what it represents, just as I will always abhor law breakers and those wanting the easy way to freedom and prosperity. My oath of enlistment, taken many times over my lifetime, has no expiration date and I will continue with what efforts I can to protect the traditional ways of American life, to include sovereignty.

I was also fortunate enough to be in a position to start using computers in 1986 so I have done very well keeping up with technology. At the same time I am smart enough to avoid social media platforms like the plague on society that they are...

Sorry I couldn’t be as succint and helpful as poster #2.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Uhm sorry,

I am 32 and a good history buff. This country is as insane as it always has been. Mob rule is pretty much the only rule of Law there is. Just depends on which Mob is in power at the time.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I see it as a change in focus.
People no longer believe in something bigger than themselves (god, country, etc.)
Everything is more geared toward the individual, not toward family/country/church.
The 'old' values of hard work are being replaced with 'I want it NOW'.

Just my 2c

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Uhm sorry,

I am 32 and a good history buff. This country is as insane as it always has been. Mob rule is pretty much the only rule of Law there is. Just depends on which Mob is in power at the time.

I'll echo that sentiment. if whoever said 'by the people, for the people' saw the state of politics these days, he'd retract that statement as fast as the Enterprises' warp drive. When smart people vote, they are voting for policy not personality, but somehow these modern day politicians would be better suited in the cast of parks and recreation instead of considering the welfare of 300 million people, but still people get out the pom poms, close the blinders and vote with their hearts, not their minds.

Ron Swanson for POTUS.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was just talking to friends and neighbors about the change in american spirit and yes it has been on the decline for many years however the last 8 years or so there has been a gentle and growing shift towards living off the land. Going back to basics. The pepper movement may have given it a jump start but many ex peppers found immense joy in simply buying a piece of land and learning to fend for oneself.

It gives me hope despite all the turmoil. When I look around at neighbors and friends who have gone back to basics, it gives me some pride in the American spirit that some are finding.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Thisisfun2015
My buds daughter rose high in Farmers insurance......quit a year ago and has 5 acres out in nowhere.....
She tells her dad time to simplify.....telling him not to start a new business.....said thats6 not simplifying

That post up there..my drill sergeant got me say in that back in 72.....tsgt Lucky and Winston
Salute to them, we had a war goin on....our country went and got involved in a land war in Asia
edit on 24-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

new topics

join