It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day All!

page: 1

join
share:
PH8

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just a quick intro - nothing fancy, mind you....

I have been interested in SOF for quite some time now, although have never been a member of a unit, much less the 'regular' army. I have an exceptionally keen interest in the SASR (both Australian and Brittish), as well as most of the other well-known SF Units, but as I said, particularly the SASR.

In fact, this is precisely what pointed me in the direction of this forum (your discussion of 'Who Has The Best SF Unit' caught my eye immidiately. IMHO, I'd prefer not to look at it as 'the best' or 'the worst', but rather as seperate entities (I know they are, just bare with me...) that each have their own strengths. US Delta - weapons and equipment. SASR - Rugged bush training and experts in CTR. IDF - Much, much practice against real nasty arab terrorists. They all have different foccuses, yeah?

Anyway, I hope to do a lot more learning and hopefully get to know a few people here who may have actually served in a SFU.

See ya round....

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS PH8.
I hope you enjoy your stay and be sure to check out the other boards as well. There is lots of intresting stuff here. Careful though, it becomes habit forming

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. If you want something a little lighter on occasion, check out Below Top Secret. Political discussion is alway there at Politics@. Later.

new topics

join