It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARLY VOTING Tallies Are Coming In - Here Are The State-by-State Results.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They put up the transcript to the Audio I linked to

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Heard this NPR report driving into work this morning;

www.npr.org...

MARTIN: Alva Alvarez is the county attorney. She's a lifelong Democrat as are most people here, but the oil boom seems to be changing that.

ALVAREZ: Here we are, Reyes.

(SOUNDBITE OF KNOCKING)

MARTIN: Alva has been going door to door.

ALVAREZ: Hi, how are you, sir? We are trying to get the vote out for Beto O'Rourke.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSON #1: See you.

ALVAREZ: OK (laughter). Thanks. Bye-bye.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSON #2: Bye.

MARTIN: Beto O'Rourke has given Republican incumbent Senator Ted Cruz a run for his money. And Alva never expected that O'Rourke would have an uphill battle here.

ALVAREZ: People I knew who had been Democrats for years have now just decided that, I guess, the Republican way is better.

MARTIN: Better because even if they themselves aren't making money hand over fist, people around them are. And that has to be good in the long run so the thinking goes. Maybe they'll finally get that grocery store. There's also talk of a new hospital. Maybe the city will have enough money to fix up the run-down cemetery in the middle of town.

So what happened to the blue wave? I mean, the reason Beto O'Rourke has gotten so much national media attention is because he's come further than any other Democratic candidate in recent history. But you're not feeling it.

ALVAREZ: I'm not feeling it here.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Interesting,

So apparently tough immigration laws can help prevent rape gangs prowling the streets in search of their next victims.

Maybe a few other European countries could learn a thing or two from them.

Sounds like good justification to strength our immigration laws here in the U.S. too.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Gonna be 2016 all over again...

Makes one wonder if democrats will finally realize that you can't win an election by vilifying half the population.

From deplorable to terrorists...

This will not end well for the left.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Goodness that's glorious!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kanakaris

If the game was to win the most votes it would be played differently. Clinton and trump played the game for the electoral college. Trump won. Game over. Just because your team made more threes, doesn't mean they won. Just because they got more yards, doesn't mean they won. Just because they threw more strikes, doesn't mean they won. That's what you're arguing here.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Trying to find updated resources on this, and man, they are like nowhere.

Remember too, this is just about returned BALLOTS, not votes.

For example, I'm a registered Democrat, but voted Red down the line, so statistically, in these early voting returns, my ballot will be counted in the BLUE totals, when really, it's RED.

That should be fun come election day. Since I am hardly alone in registered Dems voting red down the ballot.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

www.usatoday.com...
The secret is getting out.

Smart money is on Republicans keeping control of House, betting site odds say

hope you made your bets before the line moves.

Think a blue wave is coming in the midterm election that will sweep out Republicans and usher in a Democratically-controlled Congress? Don't bet on it, gamblers on at least one online betting site are saying. The odds on MyBookie favor Republicans maintaining hold of their majority, even as political forecaster Nate Silver says there is an 84.9 percent chance of a Democratic victory. As of Sunday, the odds of the GOP keeping the House are at -140. That means you would need to bet $140 on the Republicans to win $100 if they stay in the majority. The Democrats are at +110, meaning a $100 bet would win you $110 if the Democrats manage to wrest control of the House. The site also has the Republicans favored to hold the White House in the 2020 presidential election. The GOP is at -170 in that race, compared to +130 for the Democrats.

Vegas is rarely wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Updated early voting numbers.

These were as of Oct. 25.

Most places show Rs increasing their advantage.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As mentioned though, I think the big surprise is going to come once they are able to start tallying actual VOTES vs. BALLOTS. I know of at least 5 of my close friends who are registered Dems, voting red down the line. So I'm just wondering how many of those ballots coming back blue, are actually votes for red.

I seriously doubt this same scenario is present in any significant number on the blue side.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They've awoken the silent majority and it's about to slap them down with great vigor. The dems even know their own polls are wrong, you can see their panic on Twitter.

For reference, the polls are always wrong in midterms. I believe it was 2002 (may have been 04) that showed dems with a +6 advantage in the generic and they actually lost seats.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As of Monday 10/29/2018

Early voting: COLORADO - Republicans Leading.

Source: www.coloradoindependent.com...

The polls there project Democrats winning bigly. Sound familiar?

edit on 10/29/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

off topic question for you.

Was the Q guy you said you knew Microchip?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As of Monday 10/29/2018

Not sure you can read anything into that. It's just party affiliation and about 1/3 are unaffiliated. As always it will depend on where the independents vote.
edit on 29/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Gonna be 2016 all over again...

Makes one wonder if democrats will finally realize that you can't win an election by vilifying half the population.

From deplorable to terrorists...

This will not end well for the left.

Not half the population? Trump lost the popular vote and has never broken 50% approval despite the economy.

And no one vilified all trump supporters?

I know the far right wing is math challenged BUT:

THIS is what Hillary said:
"you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. "

I think she was on the mark.

About HALF of Trump Supporters fit that description.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Trump is significantly more popular now than the night before he won the election in 2016 - well, according to the same polls at least.

This, despite the truly disgusting behaviour of the media, Democrats and those that parrot them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry. They can't easily win a national election cycle by offending most people in most states except places like California, New York, and Illinois (although that's mainly Chicago) because so many people like to cram themselves into a few large cities there.

Better?
edit on 29-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As of Monday 10/29/2018

Jesus - I can believe you are still selling this ridiculous OP.

The GOP will hold the Senate (50-50 plus VP or 51-49), the Dems will take the House of Representatives aka the People's House (Gaining 30+ seats).

Better yet they are slated to flip several state houses and FLIP Wisc, Iowa and IL Governorships to D.

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot Florida, Ohio, Nevada, Georgia, Nevada Governorships look in play to be flipped as well.

Which means they will be able to undo gerrymandering in those states for the 2020 census and let the people once again fairly pick their representatives.

edit on 29-10-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump is significantly more popular now than the night before he won the election in 2016 - well, according to the same polls at least.

Still the least popular President in modern history and still has never received even half the support of the country.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm sorry. They can't easily win a national election cycle by offending most people in most states

I'm sorry. I don't believe most people in most states are either Trump Supporters or easily offended. No doubt though that a large chunk (perhaps half) of Trump supporters live in a perpetual state of victimhood and feeling "offended". Either way we can't design a government to cater to the right-wing snowflakes that feel like being a white male should earn them a special discount card at Wal-Mart or something.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Here in N.J. , a Liberal Led Sheithole of a State Now , Scumbag Senator Menendez is as Good as GONE . Hugin will Crush him on Nov. 6th . Cory Booker's Days are Also Numbered , the " Silent Majority " in My State Will be Heard Loud and Clear come Election Day !

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join