It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARLY VOTING Tallies Are Coming In - Here Are The State-by-State Results.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kanakaris

Trump is POTUS.

Dems incessant whining won't change that.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: 727Sky

Especially when you compare to it to countries like Switzerland or Iceland. While they may not have direct democracies (although parts of Switzerland do employ that model) they're much closer to it than the US. They've had their forms of government for centuries longer than the US with relatively little internal strife.

The only example Switzerland sets now is how to be a nation of spineless, liberal, grass-eating "men" who rollover and let their country get invaded and their women raped more than women in south africa.

Their women should move to a country where the men actually protect their women and fight for them.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Again : who got most of the votes ?
edit on 26-10-2018 by kanakaris because: wrong sentence

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

What are you talking about? Switzerland has some of the toughest immigration laws in the world.

It's absolutely appalling how many Americans seemingly can't tell the difference between Switzerland and Sweden.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kanakaris
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Again : who got most of the votes ?

Again: WTF does it matter? There election WINNER got the most electoral votes. That's why Hillary lost and had spent the last two years having a whiny bitchfest and making 50000 excuses for why she lost.

Trump meanwhile is running around happier than Anthony Weiner with a fresh bottle of lube and a free login in to teensgonewild.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Now THAT'S a visual I could have done without this morning.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Heard this NPR report driving into work this morning;

www.npr.org...

Texas's 23rd Congressional District is a swing district that includes Pecos. Pecos is in the middle of an oil boom that seems to be changing the politics of this once slow, sleepy city.

Toward the end of the story the reporter is interviewing a Democratic canvasser trying to get out the vote for beto o'rourke. The canvasser is lamenting that she is finding her job difficult because to many people are in support of Republicans because the economy and oil are doing well right now. She makes statements to the affect that Pecos use to be a lot more liberal but that now even her Democrat friends are supporting Republicans because they are enjoying the economic boom. She is doubtful of a blue wave based on what she is seeing in the ground.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kanakaris

In 2017 the Angeles Dodgers won 104 games while Houston Astros won 101 games.

Astros where the 2017 Champions

You can count any metric you want but all that really matters is the metric that helps you win the race. Every thing else is just math.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

its "the economy stupid"-famous bald clinton aid

I think this still may apply today, no matter how the dnc denies it.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

sigh - you are the one pushing the tail that her even only had 70 attendees its so pathetically easy to take a pic before ms harris has arrived , or after she has departed and claim " hey pathetic attendance figures "

i have no dog in this fight - and am certaibnly not a supporter of ms harris

i is just attempting to reality check wingnuts -

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you want a one world government you have to destroy parties first.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

hahahahahahahahahahahah

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because those blue dots represent high population centers and the red rural sparsely populated areas. That map is very misleading.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because those blue dots represent high population centers and the red rural sparsely populated areas. That map is very misleading.

But there's more red dots than blue dots.

💥🚬💥

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There always is honey. But every blue one represents thousands and every red one represents just a few.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There always is honey. But every blue one represents thousands and every red one represents just a few.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hence the invention of what we call the electoral college.... if it weren't so
... one would only have to campaign in those blue dots and you could effectively ignore all the rest... disenfranchising almost 2500 counties across the country.

Not to mention how much money you'd save only having to campaign in a handful of areas instead of all across the country....

A2D

edit on 26-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In regard to the electoral college. I think that George Bush I actually had won the popular vote against Clinton but lost due to the Electoral College. The weird thing is I do not remember anybody on the right calling for the ELectoral College to be vanquished at that time.

Why are left wing people so reactionary. It's like whatever their opponent is doing that day, they oppose it. Even if they had a lifelong history of supporting something.

I think it is overarched by a general acceptance that lying is ok as long as it gets you what you want.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How so? Who have I been tearing down for supporting the democratic process?

If You do not Know , then Why do you Think I Do ? Get a Life Dude , Your Pressing To Hard .......

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They put up the transcript to the Audio I linked to

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Heard this NPR report driving into work this morning;

www.npr.org...

MARTIN: Alva Alvarez is the county attorney. She's a lifelong Democrat as are most people here, but the oil boom seems to be changing that.

ALVAREZ: Here we are, Reyes.

(SOUNDBITE OF KNOCKING)

MARTIN: Alva has been going door to door.

ALVAREZ: Hi, how are you, sir? We are trying to get the vote out for Beto O'Rourke.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSON #1: See you.

ALVAREZ: OK (laughter). Thanks. Bye-bye.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSON #2: Bye.

MARTIN: Beto O'Rourke has given Republican incumbent Senator Ted Cruz a run for his money. And Alva never expected that O'Rourke would have an uphill battle here.

ALVAREZ: People I knew who had been Democrats for years have now just decided that, I guess, the Republican way is better.

MARTIN: Better because even if they themselves aren't making money hand over fist, people around them are. And that has to be good in the long run so the thinking goes. Maybe they'll finally get that grocery store. There's also talk of a new hospital. Maybe the city will have enough money to fix up the run-down cemetery in the middle of town.

So what happened to the blue wave? I mean, the reason Beto O'Rourke has gotten so much national media attention is because he's come further than any other Democratic candidate in recent history. But you're not feeling it.

ALVAREZ: I'm not feeling it here.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join