It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Walmart's interest in getting folks out to vote?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A few hours ago I stopped in my local Walmart (I'm in SW Missouri) to grab some milk and noticed something very strange. Every single cooler door in the dairy section had a big sticker--about 7X8 inches--urging people to vote, to register to vote if they're not already registered, and to text "VOTE" to 57543 for more information on getting registered or to find out where your polling place is etc. Bizarre. And even more bizarre was that this was only in the dairy section.

I didn't have my phone with me or I would've taken a pic--8 or 10 cooler doors in a row with these big, unmissable stickers screaming "VOTE! TEXT THIS NUMBER TO FIND OUT HOW!" I did, however, text VOTE to the number when I got home because I was reeeeeally curious, and received the following message in reply:

Use our Walmart Voter Toolkit! Click the link for more information:
wecanvote.io...

In spite of my innate paranoia, the link doesn't seem to be anything nefarious; there's the option--which takes you to the official Missouri voter registration page--to register if you're not already (though the deadline is already past) and if you put in the name and address of someone who IS registered to vote it shows you where your polling place is. But what interest does Walmart have in whether people vote or not? And why put these stickers out there now (they weren't there 3 days ago) when it's too late to register anyway? Why in the dairy section? Wth?

Is this something Walmart is doing all over the country, or is it some regional thing? What's the agenda here?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

It may have something to do with HRC screaming on her Twitter for people to get out and vote (for them obviously).

The Walton family has traditionally donated to Republicans, and Alice Walton, daughter of Wal-mart’s founder, is no exception. But last fall she gave $25,000 to a political action committee backing Hillary Clinton’s potential presidential run. Walton, who is the one of the richest woman in the world, knows the Clintons through Arkansas connections and previously donated to Hillary’s 2008 campaign.

Walmart family donated to Democrats on the last election

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Did any of the notes have political influence as for which party Walmart shoppers should vote for?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Hmmn. I didn't know that.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don't shop at Wal-mart.

I suspect a "make America great again" slogan is not the best for a retailer that deals with mostly cheap imports.
My guess is there is interest from corporate to have as many people vote as possible.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No. I was purely factual. Vote, and if you're not registered go register, text this number for info on how. Odd as it may sound, that's part of what makes it so extremely odd to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

That's why I wondered if it was nationwide or regional; if regional that doesn't make sense because SW Missouri is about as red as red gets.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

It may have something to do with HRC screaming on her Twitter for people to get out and vote (for them obviously).

Yeah. That must be it. In 2018 Walmart contributed $833k to Democrats, $1,111k to Republicans.
www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
People who support jobs in America don't shop at Wal-Mart if they can help it.

That being said, any random customer could post signs in a place like that...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

My wife went to Walmart today to grab some things for Halloween. She said she didn't see anything, but it was also 8:30am, she had not had coffee, and was specific to the Halloween and clothing sections.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It turns out that the more people that vote, the bluer the votes go. I guess liberals are usually apathetic and in the majority. So I'm guessing Wal Mart has a liberal agenda for some reason.
edit on 22pmMon, 22 Oct 2018 20:52:39 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Trouble is if you don't shop at Wal-Mart you paid too much.......

Hit the sporting goods at clearance...my son got 2000 items for a dime each.....lures fishing gear fillet knives this that caps scissors like no other man...locking and stout and sharp
edit on 22-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Wal Mart's groceries are a third the price of our local Safeway / Albertsons, which is way overpriced.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Not groceries Sept pizza and rotisserie

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The check voter registration page looks like a ploy to get email addresses and IP addresses.

Here's the privacy policy.

phone2action.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
People who support jobs in America don't shop at Wal-Mart if they can help it.

That being said, any random customer could post signs in a place like that...

Try it one time
Get back to us with the results...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It is quite simple. A tough stance on immigration means no more illegal immigrant slave labour for evil exploitative corporations like themselves.

God forbid they might have to invest some of their billions into paying their employees a livable wage so people will actually want to take the jobs they offer.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Careful it could be a trick for robo-calls.

👥

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah. Its a plot. We don't need more people to vote. We need fewer.
And some states are working hard toward that goal.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Is there any proof that Walmart put the stickers up?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join