It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I dislike about Trump and the Republicans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok so I have been posting to ATS for some time, and making youtube videos for a little while as well.

One of the criticisms I am getting is that I am biased and always defend Trump or the republicans

First, I admit to being biased, as we all are. And I do criticize the above groups.

But I have decided to do a video outlining some of the things I dont like about trump and the republicans.

For those that cant watch;

Trump

His insults

The way he repeats phrases in his speehes

Attacks on syria

explosion of debt

not dealing with the federal reserve

go after specific business he doesnt like (like NFL)

he has no humility

Republicans

anti freedom social policies, like drug war or anti gay marriage

exploding the debt

neo con type regime change wars

lying about things to get elected, like enofrcing immigration or repealing obamacare

Lastly the establishment republicans and dems are the same party

I elaborate on all of these in the video, and by no means is this an exhaustive list

So yeah, I am biased, and I do think the dems have almost totally jumped the shark.

But I certainly have much to complain about with trump and the republicans

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

to be fair, if he went after the federal reserve, he'd probably not live to see the end of his term.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

# me, I always took you for a John Ritter look-a-like.

There were ways to go about gay marriage than the way the liberals did. Civil Unions could have easily enacted the benefits gay couples wanted. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Very refreshing to see this sort of effort and a voice of reason.

Keep the logic on and the blinders off. I believe we could benefit from bridging the divide in this manner. It is definitely a starting point.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Your analysis of the political system leaves many murky areas, may I suggest read a few Geopolitics experts like Alfredo Jalife & Eric Zuesse.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

# me, I always took you for a John Ritter look-a-like.

There were ways to go about gay marriage than the way the liberals did. Civil Unions could have easily enacted the benefits gay couples wanted. Just my opinion.

Ha!

My avatar is of Bill hicks, propbably where the image comes from.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Your analysis of the political system leaves many murky areas, may I suggest read a few Geopolitics experts like Alfredo Jalife & Eric Zuesse.

Well in my defense this was not a comprehensive video on my thoughts.

But I welcome any suggetsions on material to read and I will check them out!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good thread, but lets be real, the purpose of this thread is to appease leftist who think you're biased.

You really didn't have to, but at the same time, I fully understand why. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to explain yourself.

However, in the cyber domains, it makes perfect sense for others to try and fully feel your position.

S+F

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Ok so I have been posting to ATS for some time, and making youtube videos for a little while as well.

One of the criticisms I am getting is that I am biased and always defend Trump or the republicans

First, I admit to being biased, as we all are. And I do criticize the above groups.

But I have decided to do a video outlining some of the things I dont like about trump and the republicans.

Trump

His insults

Attacks on syria

explosion of debt

he has no humility

Republicans

exploding the debt

lying about things to get elected, like enofrcing immigration or repealing obamacare

I elaborate on all of these in the video, and by no means is this an exhaustive list

So yeah, I am biased, and I do think the dems have almost totally jumped the shark.

I don’t disagree, but I will still vote Republican. I feel the crazy Democrats have left me no choice. The Democratic leadership is so far to the left, they are around the corner from reality.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Good thread, but lets be real, the purpose of this thread is to appease leftist who think you're biased.

You really didn't have to, but at the same time, I fully understand why. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to explain yourself.

However, in the cyber domains, it makes perfect sense for others to try and fully feel your position.

S+F

In a way you are right.

But its not just "leftist", it is some people that are close friends of mine (not on ats per se but have commented on my youtubes videos)

I am genuine ion my criticisms in this video. And if those genuine criticisms show that I am willing to meet people with ideological differences closer to the middle, then that is a good side effect.

We should all call out things we disagree with no matter what side is doing them.

In fact, I try to hold people I support to an even higher standard, so I wi ll certainly call them out when they do things i disapprove of.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Grambler

Trump

His insults

Attacks on syria

explosion of debt

he has no humility

Republicans

exploding the debt

I don’t disagree, but I will still vote Republican. I feel the crazy Democrats have left me no choice. The Democratic leadership is so far to the left, they are around the corner from reality.

Yes despite my criticisms and disappointment I do feel the dmeocrats are even worse in general.

There denouncing of innocent until proven guilty and due process was far over the line to me, in addition to disliking many other things.

The dmeocrats need to get back to being a party for working people, that is the desperately needed.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Way too much "I love me" in your recent posts. You're pimping your own YouTube channel. If not over the line already, it's pretty close to violating T&Cs. Not that I care too much about that, but it's not all about you here.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Way too much "I love me" in your recent posts. You're pimping your own YouTube channel. If not over the line already, it's pretty close to violating T&Cs. Not that I care too much about that, but it's not all about you here.

Thanks for your input!

What a great addition to the thread!

edit on 22-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
At least he gives us a few bones to chew on dog! Jokes aside I like most of Gramblers content. You do know you don’t have to participate if it’s not in your interest.

Haters gunna hate i guess.

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is why I maintain that your probably one of the best supporters of Trump on ATS.

Unlike many members you can actually acknowledge his faults and still provide good arguments for why you support him despite them. I think when you just blindly support or attack anyone side you kind of undermine your own position on it because its shows a lack of critical insight and this is a good example of this. Its difficult to take someone's arguments seriously with they just defend or attack everything Trump says or does.

Then you run the risk of getting into the situation where he could kill a granny in the Oval Office or cure cancer and people would still defend/flame him. the ability to critique your own views is a important aspect developing a set of political views. Too many members on ATS seem to think they have to defend everything or argue every point, as if conceding a point is going to tarnish their entire outlook of the world. It is possible to say Trump shouldn't have said/done that without joining me on the dark side of the political spectrum.

Now I would add to your list and I am sure you might disagree with some additions I might make, which is fine.

Its refreshing to find someone trying to balance their views a little on ATS and more should try it out.

Question, just because I am curious if you would count it in your list.

What about his treatment/comments regarding women?
edit on 22-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't like hardline party people. Most of my life, I disliked the GOP. The DNC worked hard to make themselves less appealing than the GOP, but mission accomplished.

Trump's hair. Just cut it low. Bald even. Go Spartan.

I hated the reality TV side. Ironically everyone who hates him seems to have watched it. I didn't.

I don't like how he is working with legacy holdovers.
I wanted a more ambitious, even rebellious president. He has good pace though none the less.

I don't like how he is a military fanboy. I like the military and person to person, I like military people over others most times.

IMO There have been too many usurpers and carrying of that banner by bad people since post WW2. Too many for me to just accept the patriotic "Raa Raa Raa". F the MIC. It is the worst threat and enemy to mankind, ever.

I don't like how Trump uses twitter. I don't even have an account. I see social media as a well-designed intelligence honeypot for both foreign and domestic dickheads. Trump should downplay it and all social media. It's too powerful and unregulated. Unelected people filter and censor national information. It's gross.

I don't mind the rest of Trumps flaws even the rest I don't like. He is a good guy. Flawed, but good. I will take him.

He is too rich. LoL.
I would probably not get through the front door, but I would shake his hand, just to meet him.

I wish Trump had been a regular guy. We need that. One regular person to become a leader and to stand for us.

We got this billionaire NYer who may not entirely get us, but it's nice to have someone. Even if you would never take a piss next to each other. Take away his money and he is as hungry and honest as us. We like that.

IMO, he steps out of his shoes often. That's his source of power.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What I like about trump is the way he lies, everyone knows it, but people don't even care because their hatred of the opposition is so pervasive they will accept it over the truth.

God help us!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Why do you think the war on drugs is a Republican policy? Republicans and/or conservatives are largely known to resolve in religion for their moral compass. So I would contend that legislating morality is my primary concern, but there are basic elements of humanity that must be governed to the degree in which it affects other people.

Look up who introduced every bill that was ever passed to criminalize marijuana. Look at the majority in in the house and senate -- Democrats . (HINT: democrats have a long history of criminalizing MJ in bills).

Look at who was responsible for introducing the civil rights act of 1963, and who opposed it. (HINT: Republicans introduced the bill and overwhelmingly passed it. Democrats overwhelmingly opposed it.)

Who burned down the Branch Davidian compound to the ground after a standoff to push the controversial Violent Crime and Law Enforcement act of 1994? Janet Reno I suppose. Then the bill was introduced by Jack Brooks and Joe Biden, Democrats, under Bill Clinton, democrat, with the 103rd Congress democrat majority in the house and senate.

Ask yourself why the states have agreements with private prisons containing provisions to keep them at 90% capacity.

Democrats hottest issues are what?
-> Abortion. I dont agree with legislating morality, but come on!! "Muh body and lack of values for tiny human beings come first, so I vote democrat".
-> Special interests. "Bake my gay cake or get sued cuz muh civil rights supercede your religious beliefs and values." Literally if a business didnt want me as a client I would shop elsewhere but let's take this horse# to the SCOTUS, amirite?

Democrats are not your friend. Historically self-serving commie racists. This is why I dont vote for most Democrats.
edit on 22-10-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

To many on the left, it doesn't matter what of Trump you disagree with... Agreeing with ANYTHING he says or does forever pigeonholes you into an existential threat to existence.

Keep up.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
At the end of the day, I am left with a few fingers of bourbon, a view of the ocean and my family surrounding me.

Trump and everyone else just seem to fade away as something to amuse me in-between sunsets.

*shrugs*

Haters gonna hate regardless. Rational debate on Trump is like asking a llama to drive your car to the store for more bbq sauce.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join