It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery God.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Originally posted by ParasuvO

Poor God..still waiting for others to do what it cannot....and so....

I’m saying that God lights the way…Gods truth that is…Not a Religion that people are to blindly follow and accept etc…I’m saying God wants us to do what is right, but not by force but by our own freewill choice…

And by the way...adherence to stories so told are INDEED seen differently BECAUSE we are different.

True; we are all different and we do all see them differently, but there are universal hidden truths in many ancient stories, if people would only try and seek them out…

Many of us could not choose to follow this religion or God if we had the personal assurances of The Entire Universe...because we KNOW IN OUR HEARTS it is not the TRUTH...no not even close to it.

But that’s just it you see, I’m not a Christian, and I’m not talking about blindly following a Religion and if you’d read any of my past posts on ATS, you would know that to be the case…

I believe Jesus was teaching a universal truth about how we are all connected to God through the Spirit…and that that truth is beyond any Religion.

So much more going on..we are not all programmable as yourself.

One day..you will see why.

I think many of my past threads stand as a testament to the fact that I am clearly not programmable…and show that I clearly think for myself…

And as for your last comment…I already see why…

- JC

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Originally posted byOut6of9Balance
It's both I think, God allows people to find him, and then it's up the people.

Exactly…

But…

God is allowing Everyone to find him…therefore no one is Chosen…

That because Gods truth is available at any time for those who seek it…Gods truth is shining out like a light, all the time …but it’s up to us/them to seek that truth out…

Originally posted by Out6of9Balance
You're saying if people will it, they will find God.

I say if God wills it people find him.

But Gods will is for everyone to find him… therefore no one is specifically Chosen IMO

Matthew 7:8
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh. findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

“Everyone” means Everyone who asks…

Your thinking is that God is only willing it, onto certain chosen individuals…

I’m saying that can’t be true, because God wants the individual to make a freewill change from the heart…which can never be forced upon any individual…

It’s People who choose God, not the other way around…

- JC

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Perhaps you are right.

Thx for your reply and all who participate(d) discussing this.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
But

Ephesians 2:8

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

If you read further line,
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

It clearly refer to works. In Judaism, this works related to Moses Laws, which are over 600 laws to follow, in order to be saved. This is a huge burden to the gentiles and less attractive to new converts. Thus, by God's grace the gentiles too can be saved without having to works over this 600 laws. Therefore it is technically a gift.

But it doesn't mean you are not free to be an atheist or agnostic or religious. No one can force you into believing something you don't want. You can ask an atheist whether God force him to not believe in God. I bet he will answer no. Lol.

Paul letter to the Ephesians is irrelevant to freewill in finding your own faith, as I stated before.

edit on 23-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

If you aren't saved by works, doesn't that mean there's nothing you can do to be saved and so it being a gift from God, as God wills it?
edit on 23-10-2018 by Out6of9Balance because: edit

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If you aren't saved by works, doesn't that mean there's nothing you can do to be saved and so it being a gift from God, as God wills it?

Not according to Paul. Since you refer to Paul's letter, I assume you are familiar with Paul's teaching. Paul taught by God's grace, salvation can be achieved by faith alone. Basically he said, believe in Jesus Christ is all you need to be saved.

I am not a christian, therefore, I don't follow Paul's teaching. Personally I believe you need to have both; faith and works. You are judged based on your work regardless your faith. On the other hand, Faith is required for personal relationship with God. Without relationship with God, you are lost spiritually. Like a blind man trying to find his way to heaven.

Good deeds will determined which heaven you belong to. More you do good deeds, more you will be rewarded.

When I said works, I don't mean you have to keep over 600 Moses Laws in the sense of Judaism or Islam. I simply refer to living Jesus' way and teaching.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I believe it means that by grace of God you receive faith. If a sinner sins, how can he on his own change when all he knows is sin? That's like claiming abiogenesis, that life originated from dead matter.

Some external force is necessary and as dead matter cannot ask for life, so can't the sinner ask for grace.

?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

If a sinner sins, how can he on his own change when all he knows is sin? That's like claiming abiogenesis, that life originated from dead matter.

If he knows sins, then he should knows what is not sin. Repent. If he continues to sin, then he does not repent and not sincere, which bring back to my first post, Faith and Sincere.

Some external force is necessary and as dead matter cannot ask for life, so can't the sinner ask for grace.

?

The dead cannot repent. Living Sinners can.

God's grace always gifted to those who truly and sincerely want to repent. It is not difficult to ask for forgiveness. It is hard not to continue doing the same sin. But, as long as you sincerely want to repent, God's will never turn his back on you. So, make sure you truly repent before the time of death, or justice will fell on your spirit. Trust me, you don't want to end like Hitler and Pharoah did. So while you are still able, don't waste your life doing nothing. Your fate is at your own hand.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think I am ashamed and humiliated because I bear the disgrace of my youth.

I was also not always forgiven when I confessed my sins to others.
edit on 24-10-2018 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I think I am ashamed and humiliated because I bear the disgrace of my youth.

I was also not always forgiven when I confessed my sins to others.

Only God has the right to judge.

What matter most is you ask for forgiveness first. If you never seek forgiveness, you will receive full penalty for every crime you did. At least when you admit your regret, it has huge impact on God's grace.

Remember, God is not human. God doesn't judge like human, for God is love, holy and mercy, as well as justice.

Pray to God in earnest, confess everything to Him. It may not mean much to others. But it's a good start to earn yourself God's grace.

Leave it to God. For God knows everything about you. Have faith.

edit on 24-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Matthew 6:14-15 New International Version (NIV)

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Also, I feel like moving out of something, I feel change. I'm not so annoyed and offended anymore by what used to annoy and offend me.

edit on 24-10-2018 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

I have no idea of what type ever been, honestly, I never knew.

I believe what I wrote is true.

God is souvereign.

there is nothing more dangerous in all of the universe than sovereign authority. there must be an equal and opposite for every factor. no exceptions.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Depends.

I don't think it matters when it comes to the creator of the universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Faith is optional...
But by example, when one who failed in the work(s) is tormented, or perhaps at a dead end, you should perhaps find it it necessary to uplift them, as the true living God did for us all. Do it with the Faith and do it soon. Or else.......................

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Wait a minute. You just posted a thread entitled only the 5 sense are real all else is imaginary. You cant believe in a God who cannot be quantified by the 5 senses which is by your own belief.

you are terribly confused on issues of faith, belief and spiritual. Because those things are based on a absolutes not on ambiguous feelings. Remember five senses are based on absolutes of those five senses.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join