It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Finds Perfectly Rectangular Iceberg In Antarctica As If It Was Deliberately Cut

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
It looks too perfectly cut to me. Could it possibly be related to this? nypost.com...

Perhaps. But... although the CGI images portray massive icebergs the size of several city blocks, this quote from the article describes something quite different...

The firm would send ships down to Heard Island, an Australian nature reserve in the southern Indian Ocean, where they would steer between massive icebergs the size of cities in search of truck-sized chunks known as growlers. Workers would then secure them to the boats with nets and embark on a yearlong cruise to the United Arab Emirates.

I fail to see how a truck sized piece of ice will suffice as a "tourist attraction". The article says this project is supposed to not only provide fresh water but the icebergs themselves may serve as a tourist attraction.

In 200 years or less there could be wars over who controls the fresh water supplied by those glaciers. Maybe. Then in 2,000 years they will be fighting over the last bits of fresh water from the polar glaciers?

Apparently the antarctic ice is much dryer than the arctic. You can melt a lot of it and get very little water.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: frugal
BS. Nature doesn't make square anything. Its hard enough for us to make consistent squares at a factory situation. We are all constantly being told what to think. Its all BS. Certain people on this planet are bullies and manipulators trying to get others to believe and do for them. The law of enthropy covers what happens when nature does its thing.

Uh huh. So who did it? Space aliens?

Most if not all of the major governments have been going to Antarctica since at least the forties. In a race for world domination it would be naive not to

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

BS. Nature doesn't make square anything.

Pyrite crystals don't care what you believe.

Salt crystals feel the same.

edit on 22-10-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Maybe this is what is causing the mystery humming sound peple have heard. I would imagine cutting through something this large would make a loud sound.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

DP
edit on 22-10-2018 by Stevenjames15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Maybe this is what is causing the mystery humming sound peple have heard. I would imagine cutting through something this large would make a loud sound.

SO THAT was the noise I heard the other day. Strangely enough, I felt a chill through my body and had goosebumps.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I doubt its perfectly rectangular, and there are likely more then a few each year in that shape once the ice withdraws and before it grows again.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I'll level with you. I only heard of it recently, on a kooky little AA style documentary on UKTV Play, called "World War Weird". Worth a look, bud.

It was one of the topics that stuck with me.

Going by their account, it would have worked too. They would have been huge, unsinkable, cheap and easy to maintain. To see one of those ghostly behemoths approach would have been terrifying indeed.

Seriously though, check out the doc. Really interesting. Some pretty creepy stuff was going on.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i it terrao.livejournal.com... read in 2008

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

We don't take to Rooskies 'round here.

/kidding

edit on 10/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
But Babikov is not funny to me. He is the author of many books and articles and his death is possible murder. his books are supposed to be downloaded by followers on muddy sites for money, and the original sites are blocked by the Ministry of Justice. as for the Russian language, this page is translated in 5 seconds read in a minute, the browser is chrome to help you

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

I didn't say it was funny. But I did read his rant.

"The proof is these photos" , is not good enough.

The proof is that it happens. Naturally. Because someone writes a lot does not mean they are correct.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Flat earth gang making a model of the ice wall !

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You are right there! I should have asked a search engine if any thing is square in nature. Those two square things are very rare in nature and SQUARE at THE MOLECULAR LEVEL. The poop does not look square. So do you think water is square at the molecular level?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Cool natural phenomena

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

FORBES SOURCE ARTICLE

NASA also found a TRIANGULAR iceberg (looks like that piece of pizza I lost in the freezer):

Eh, crop circles are so 1990's so the aliens dreamt up something new...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It don't look all that "perfect" to me. Get a t-square, you lazy aliens!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: schuyler

Shrodinger's?

Schuyler's

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why is NASA looking at Antarctica? They should be looking "up"

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CaliMayh3m

Aeronautics means having to do flying things in the atmosphere, yes. Airplanes, but you can look down from airplanes. And satellites.
But part of NASA's mission is the observation and of monitoring of Earth's climates.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join