It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Finds Perfectly Rectangular Iceberg In Antarctica As If It Was Deliberately Cut

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
BS. Nature doesn't make square anything. Its hard enough for us to make consistent squares at a factory situation. We are all constantly being told what to think. Its all BS. Certain people on this planet are bullies and manipulators trying to get others to believe and do for them. The law of enthropy covers what happens when nature does its thing.

Uh huh. So who did it? Space aliens?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Obviously, a mothership needed to land. It must have cut the ice to shape and landed so as to collect water.

LoL

Very cool. NASA discovers earth or space-based awesomeness. I thank them.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Crap. I was hoping that was the platform for the asylum we were building for refugees or illegals who flee their countries.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I saw the picture and thought of this.

But who knows.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I showed this to the wife and she concluded that is a piece of the ice wall NASA has around the outside of the edge of our flat earth.
They just have taken it down to expel some of the CIA undesirables.

Neat ice cube, though!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I saw the picture and thought of this.

Every time that happens to me, which is quite often, the cat jumps on top of the pile and messes it all up.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Shrodinger's?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Wonder if it could be a remnant of the ice warships we tried to build during WW2.

Perhaps an early attempt before the Pykrete stages?

ETA: I didn't read fully. Doesn't look 'natural' to me. Appears to be 'cut'

Wow. How many times in your life do you see or hear the word "Pykrete"?

Especially by someone that actually knows what it is! Or was...

I have an old History Channel doc around here somewhere that details the proposal during WWII.

From what I can recall, those things would have been enormous! Can you imagine looking out to sea and seeing one of those bad boys chugging towards you? Talk about intimidating!

Kudos bro!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: schuyler

Shrodinger's?

Hey P, can you even imagine the probability of an iceberg like this occurring naturally?

I was just thinking, and "Monkeys typing the complete works of Bill Shakespeare" was the first thing that popped into my head.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I'd prefer to see a full view from directly overhead before coming to any conclusions.

You see, I happen to know that there are straight lines and right angles in nature.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

correct

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'd prefer to see a full view from directly overhead before coming to any conclusions.

You see, I happen to know that there are straight lines and right angles in nature.

I would imagine that it's more common than most folks think.

Out of curiosity, were you thinking of something in particular?

Just picking your brain...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Tabular icebergs come to mind. But that "perfectly rectangular" description is problematic since we can't see the whole thing.

www.allposters.ie...

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well it's not a "perfect" rectangle, because even the photos supplied show some niches or gashes on it.
Also it doesn't appear to be completely level either.

It's close enough to be pretty mind-blowingly freaky though.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That much ice in one piece is freaky.

brrr

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

BS. Nature doesn't make square anything. Its hard enough for us to make consistent squares at a factory situation. We are all constantly being told what to think. Its all BS. Certain people on this planet are bullies and manipulators trying to get others to believe and do for them. The law of enthropy covers what happens when nature does its thing.

Its not square, its rectangular.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You have an overhead shot of the whole thing?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

You have an overhead shot of the whole thing?

I'm trying to see if I can find the exact date and location of the berg and looking to see if any satellite imagery might be available at the moment.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ground based lasers (arctic forces) or underwater lasers (submarine testing) could presumably achieve something like this. Baring natural phenomena (which does occur in pattterns more complex than this) I highly doubt Aliens are going to cut a piece of ice in a rectangle just to see the responses on twitter.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thank you! Those lines are perfectly straight. Nature my ass
I know straight lines can occur in nature, but not of that magnitude
edit on 22-10-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join