It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the caravan arrive at the US?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey...those caravaners will get a bath at least. Got any soap?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oct 23 00:00 GMT 20.2° -107.2° 150 mph 933 mb Hurricane 4

In the 12 hours before landfall on Tuesday, Willa will encounter higher wind shear of 15 – 20 knots, and the storm will also begin to interact with the high terrain of Mexico. These factors should lead to steady and possibly rapid weakening just before landfall. Still, landfall as a major Category 3 hurricane is quite possible, as predicted by NHC. Most of our reliable intensity models, with the exception of the HMON model, predict that Willa will be a Category 2 or weaker storm at landfall, though.

Link

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I literally can't stop laughing. Are you saying many people have not asserted that?

No? I've actually stated the opposite. Are you saying that you don't believe it yourself?

Well, since you clearly desire that I just repeat my OP, let's include the line you did not repeat:

Cool. What does that have to do with anything? My initial post was clearly directed at this claim asserted by these many people. I asked a couple of perfectly reasonable questions, made a few reasonable observations and instead of answering, I get tedious deflection and absurd straw men because apparently neither of you can stomach acknowledging the obvious flaw with the Trumpian narrative.

That's pretty much the long and short of it.

Here again was my initial response. What about this is so triggering for you?

If this is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms, who would be behind it? Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it? Trump and the GOP. Predictably, would't you say?

The caravan in April was good for energizing the right-wing base for weeks, the wave of unaccompanied minors in 2015-2016 was good for months of "invasion" narrative.

If it's a mid-term stunt, doesn't seem likely one to have been concocted to benefit the Democrats.

Who would fund and organize a "stunt" like this caravan, expecting it would somehow benefit the Democrats in the mid-terms, when the caravan from earlier this year and the unaccompanied minor arrivals from a couple years ago were propaganda boons for the Right?

The "theory" doesn't make any sense, much like the claim that a video showing people receiving $1.39 in Guatemala were Honduran women and children lining up to take payment for trekking somewhere between 1,600 and a few thousand miles to storm the US border.

So where was I dishonest again? Are either of those statements untrue?

I didn't say that anything in the OP was untrue, I said you were being intellectually dishonest — and no surprise, you still are — including that straw man right there.

Your juvenile replies in this thread are simply not worth very much consideration.

Lmao. That's good because you're not really up for it anyway apparently.

All you've got is shrill protestations, name-calling, baseless accusations and sophomoric logic.

Shrill? It's like you don't know what words mean. And what "names" did I call you? Of course you would characterize me calling you out for being intellectually dishonest as "baseless accusations" — why wouldn't you be disingenuous about being disingenuous?

Take for example the question you seem so interested in me addressing. You ask, "who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about the caravan", as if the outcome by definition FORCES the intent.

Wrong.

Talk about sophomoric. Holy # after all this deflection, that's the best you could come up with? Nobody was suggesting a violation of cause and effect. Are you denying that there's typically a motive for a "well funded and organized stunt?"

Of course not, in fact, far-fetched motive that only works if you assume everyone else is stupid, is the entire basis for you considering the right-wing narrative to be plausible in the first place.

More likely, once again, some on the left planned a show of histrionics that appears to be back-firing. Just like the Kavanaugh boondoggle.

How is that "more likely?" Do you just assume that a person/group who would plan, fund and organize the mobilization of thousands of people, including thousands of women and children, in a risky journey covering thousands of miles — as part of a "planned show of histrionics" — would not carefully consider the likely result of their undertaking?

That this entity would be oblivious to the reaction to a similar migrant caravan just 6 months ago, organized on the ground by the exact same people?

"So, yeah that last caravan really riled up the Trump base and gave Trump lots of ammunition for his demagoguery — we should totally organize another one right before the mid-terms... to benefit the Democrats."

You fool no one.

The only person you should be worried about fooling you is yourself.

My child uses better logical arguments.

Well then I would suggest that maybe you should get your kid to post for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It Will NEVER Reach the U.S. Southern Border . The Chief Executive of the United States has the Authority to Send U.S. Troops into the Sovereign State of Mexico to Avert a Foreign Invasion of our Country Without Congressional Approval as a Matter of National Security .

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is one of the few times that I agree with you. I have no clue who is behind this caravan, but it ain't helping the dems at the moment.

That leads me to believe that whoever is behind this has darker plans. I don't believe Trump or thr GOP is behind it either. But what is the worst possible outcome of this episode? A violent standoff at the border, of course. It doesn't even matter if the caravan starts it...the press will eat it up and run with it 24-7. That can only hurt the GOP/Trump.

So either the dems are banking on another failure scheme like kavanaugh was ( it's not impossible), or this thing is gonna blow and hurt the GOP in the midterms. The Trump admin better be proactive and have wall to wall surveillance recording equipment when this does reach a head.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

It's pretty simple.

If Trump addresses them at the boarder by force, then the optics look bad. If he fails to address them at the border, then the optics look bad.

The idea someone on the right engineered this is laughable to me.
edit on 22-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Bla, bla, bla.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh..I certainly agree that the GOP/Trump have nothing to do with it. But there is a third option available..put on a show.

Have a couple of fenced in camps in the desert. Set up tents and cots, and agree to process all applicants. Have little or no intention of accepting most. Once they are processed move them to secondary camps. Camp 1 is for deportation. Camp 2 is for entry. Have the National Guard patrol the areas around all the camps to prevent escape and also outside interference.

Trump can honestly state that those most in need of asylum were granted it, and the rest were sent back.

Crisis averted. Trump wins.

I just have a bad feeling this is headed for a violent ending no matter how many kid gloves Trump and the GOP use to handle it. And that violence is by design. It is the goal

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I don't know if you watched the Trump rally tonight in Houston, but Trump clearly indicated, when speaking to
the Governor and Lt. Governor of Texas in the audience, that if they decide to enter thru Texas that there will be a "different kind of wall waiting for them", besides a traditional one.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

I just have a bad feeling this is headed for a violent ending no matter how many kid gloves Trump and the GOP use to handle it. And that violence is by design. It is the goal

Let's hope not. But I can't disagree this is a strong possibility.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Even if they do get into the U.S., that's .00002 of our entire population. You guys are letting the media form your opinions for you. That's 45,000 Americans against every one of these people in this "caravan".

Just pent up migration from the 2008 recession; as jobs where lost illegal migration naturally dropped. Now with all the buzz of low US unemployment and many jobs going unfilled these illegal migrants think it's a great time to take that trip to the US they've been putting off for years. Add in the safety in numbers and theirs an even greater incentive to join the movement. Add in all the foreign investment and aid helping the movement ... why wouldn't every able bodied man who can make the journey not join?

It's not an invitation; it's just good timing for them.

I wouldnt even be surprised if its Republican dark money thats investing in this caravan. Its really only them who stand to benefit from this. Scaring Americans into voting for them because "Liberals want open borders" and they are the only ones who can save us from this "invasion". Their simply isnt enough every day Democrats that think it's a top priority to help see 7000 illegal people cross the border on mass to make Democrat Leadership want to help this along.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Trump did say he'd order the military to stop them..

and this Storm built into a Cat 5 quick..

HARP - now part of the US military

personally, they all look like military aged men, fit, healthy, clothed... exactly like the European masses

put the marines on the border, locked and loaded..

have signs and warnings for km's before the border - '
'WARNING TO ALL - If you try to cross the border into the United States you will be fired upon with live ammunition. The United States does not allow itself to be invaded''

If anyone's dumb enough, fire warning shots... if they keep coming, put them down!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Bla, bla, bla.

that's the best way to respond!

I think its pretty clear this is a political designed event - just like the whole ''separating children from babies'' outcry was.
democrats are getting desperate, they need bad footage on TV of helpless people being rejected at the border because of evil Trump..

I dont know whats going to happen, but Trump always seems to be a step ahead of these ploys..

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Trump Calls Migrant Mob Headed for Border “National Emergency,” Notifies U.S. Military.

Tees Off on Feckless Dems.
truepundit.com...

THIS means the Border Patrol, and assisting law enforcement, will be legally cleared to use all means necessary to stop hoards of illegals from breaching our fences... like they did when heading into southern Mexico from Guatemala.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I imagine this will turn out like 1970 Kent State Shooting. The national guard shot and killed 4 students and injured others. Tear gas was used. This took place in Ohio where students were demonstrating against the Cambodia war. So, I imagine an invasion from an army of walking people will not bode well. The boarders will and should be defended. It's what we pay all those tax dollars for, to have a safe country. This is not la la land. Expect the worst.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Visiting Yucatan yesrs back the on ramps to Mexico interstate road had toll Plaza where ID and itinerary along with passports had to be presented. In background were rifle toting soldiers. I posit one does not travel Mexican interstate without approval.

Backroads are an impossibly hopeless way for timely travel.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Amazing coincidence. This 'caravan' conveniently pops-up timed to just about reach the US border right before the mid-term elections. Not in the least bit suspicious.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: tanstaafl

I accept your apology, and am glad that I helped you get over your confusion.

Rotflmao! I now see, you indeed have been talking to yourself with these posts.

The Derp is indeed deep in you.

Or... you could actually post the specific clause that delegates the Federal Government the power to require all private Citizens to get their permission before engaging in commerce among themselves.

Since you can't, because it doesn't exist, I'll just go ahead and accept YOUR apology for calling for the engagement of a fascist, dictatorial, unConstitutional policy.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Isn't Mexico technically like 3/4 White? I know Guatemala is, their last President looked like he could've been from Scandinavia for all I care. I know Mestizo are the result of European-Native American lineage, but most Mexicans I've known look like they could've been Spaniards with their overall physiques. I never got how being against Mexicans, while certainly xenophobic, is racist. Mexican isn't a race, its a nationality, a #ing North American nationality ffs. If they were Jamaican or Asian or Haitian or Mideastern/African, I could understand... but Central America - particularly Mexico and Cuba - are pretty #in white.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I see the single mass of marchers breaking up into 4-6 or more groups and staging 'refugee mobs' in all the border states (CA/AZ/NM/TX) most likely on a Tuesday morning like the WTC attacks

the dangerous Cat 4-5 storm will mobilize the sponsers of the caravan (move-on.org/open society/ unknown others)
and the Cartels themselves into getting involved in transporting the marchers to the USA border ASAP...
before the US election on Nov 6th

With the one large group broken up into to 4 or more smaller groups at various geographical checkpoints… the hastily constructed music stage the USA had intended to use to corral the Central Americans in.... became a useless Woodstock 2.0, for trapping the 20-30k walking immigrant gate-crashers at a potential Gettysburg battlefield...

think of 4-6 or more Chicago's … or 4-to-6 or more Kent States going on at the same time...pandemonium
edit on rd31154032268923242018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join