It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the caravan arrive at the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I would hope you'd have some sort of skill that an unskilled laborer couldn't replace you.

If so;

edit on 22-10-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

yeah its the GOP....
www.pueblosinfronteras.org...
yep the gop organized this "caravan"
www.pueblosinfronteras.org...

lol when it takes all of 5 minutes to debunk your bs, perhaps you should evaluate your position

Huh? What exactly did you "debunk" there champ? I didn't say the GOP organized the caravan, did I?

On the other hand, as the OP made reference to, a lot of low info type Trump supporters are convinced that the caravan is a "well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms" ... to benefit the Democrats. Make sure you "debunk" your peers with those links.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Looks like you got Trump on the brain there bud.

edit on 22-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You are correct. You did not say the gop. You said Trump and the GOP.

Trump and the GOP.

Funny how you choose to double down.
What may have been a "mistake" now definitely looks dubious.

So are you going to link your stated "Trump and the GOP." to Pueblo Sin Fronteras?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Remember that US remittance payments make up much of the GDP of these countries and are central to their economies. So it's no strange wonder that even though they claim to be escaping the situations in their countries, they wont settle anywhere but the US.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: shooterbrody
lol when it takes all of 5 minutes to debunk your bs, perhaps you should evaluate your position

One does not 'evaluate' a position, aside from its effectiveness, when it's intended to deceive.

Apparently, one does not have to 'make sense' when the intention is simply to push nonsensical narratives.

I asked you perfectly reasonable questions and instead of responding to me, you opt for some passive aggressive attempt at smack talking in a response to somebody else.

Why? Because on some level, you realize it doens't make sense but you don't want to admit that so you're being intellectually dishonest.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Do you have a link? Honduras and Guatemala don't even make the top 30 for foreign holders of Treasury Bills.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Hardly.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: loam

President Trump this morning tweeted he will now eliminate or substantially reduce the nearly half billion dollars in aid Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador receive from the US. Link.

This is what I don’t get. These people are fleeing a place where they don’t have enough food and supplies so you take away the food and supplies you’re sending the country? If there was a perfect anti-solution to this mass caravan, that’s it.

I think Trump and the people he’s surrounded with want this caravan to continue coming so he has the political capital to continue his hard line on immigration.

Immigration has been at an all time low since Trump took office so his hard line stances on it don’t really make sense. That is until a mass caravan of people are headed this way. And I think that’s by design. I can see Stephen Millers grubby fingerprints all over this.

You don’t really believe the US aid sent to these #hole countries governments make it to the populace of those countries in any way, shape, or form? If the governments were functional and honest, folks wouldn’t need the “asylum” they claim to need.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

This could be problematic.

Dangerous Category 4 Hurricane Willa Headed For Mexico Landfall Early This Week; Hurricane Warnings Issued

weather.com...

They said “even God can’t stop us from reaching the United States”...

God was quoted as saying “Hold My beer”... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

While I suspect the OP is just being intellectually dishonest, you on the other hand might be schizophrenic.

You are correct. You did not say the gop. You said Trump and the GOP.

Here's what I said:

Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it? Trump and the GOP.

That's not "Trump and the GOP organized the caravan" let alone that the "GOP organized this 'caravan'" which is how you first mischaracterized my statement:

yep the gop organized this "caravan"

Is it? Are you going to triple-derp-down now?
edit on 2018-10-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Do you have a link? Honduras and Guatemala don't even make the top 30 for foreign holders of Treasury Bills.

Migration is another important avenue in Guatemala. According to Cecilia Menjivar, remittances are “central to the economy.” In 2004 remittances to Guatemala from men’s migration to the U.S. accounted for approximately 97% (Menjivar 2).

Economy of Guatemala

Guatemala is the top remittance recipient in Central America as a result of Guatemala's large expatriate community in the US. These inflows are a primary source of foreign income, equivalent to two-thirds of the country's exports and about a tenth of its GDP.

CIA World Fact Book- Guatemala

As with most Latin American countries, Honduras's economy is closely tied to the United States. The United States is Honduras's primary trading partner and the source of about two-thirds of the country's foreign direct investment. United States multinationals Dole Food Company and Chiquita control a large portion of Honduras's agricultural exports. Presently, Honduras participates alongside the Rainforest Alliance for the exporting of agricultural goods to the United States.

Hondurans working in the U.S. send more than US$2 billion each year to their families in Honduras; these remittances account for 28.2% of Honduras's GDP (2007 information [7]).

Economy of Honduras

Dependence on remittances is a new phenomenon. Since the early 2000s, remittances have represented a larger source of domestic income than any other single sector of the Honduran economy, including agriculture and manufacturing.

Honduras: Perils of Remittance Dependancy

It's hard to believe, I know.
edit on 22-10-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I am not the one with an obvious problem with how a period is used.
You asked a question then proceeded to answer it yourself.
It is, however, VERY humorous to me that an independent amateur journalist makes a mistake with punctuation marks.

Or is that

Trump and the GOP.

somehow not a declarative statement?

Or are you admitting "Trump and the GOP." have nothing to do with organizing this "caravan"?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yawn. Such projection and desperation.

originally posted by: theantediluvian

...OP is just being intellectually dishonest...

Which part was dishonest?

Their current location?
The length of the journey?
Google maps estimation on foot?
The route?
Hurricane Wilma?
The assumption you can't get here by Nov 6 without transportation?

Like I said, yawn and desperation.

You're posts are so transparent.
edit on 22-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: underwerks

President Trump this morning tweeted he will now eliminate or substantially reduce the nearly half billion dollars in aid Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador receive from the US. Link.

This is what I don’t get. These people are fleeing a place where they don’t have enough food and supplies so you take away the food and supplies you’re sending the country? If there was a perfect anti-solution to this mass caravan, that’s it.

I think Trump and the people he’s surrounded with want this caravan to continue coming so he has the political capital to continue his hard line on immigration.

Immigration has been at an all time low since Trump took office so his hard line stances on it don’t really make sense. That is until a mass caravan of people are headed this way. And I think that’s by design. I can see Stephen Millers grubby fingerprints all over this.

You don’t really believe the US aid sent to these #hole countries governments make it to the populace of those countries in any way, shape, or form? If the governments were functional and honest, folks wouldn’t need the “asylum” they claim to need.

I don’t know for a fact one way or the other. And neither do you. What I do know is that the stance of the Trump admin is not one that is going to end this caravan. It’s only going to make it worse.

And why is that? Who benefits from having the southern border under siege, policy wise?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If the US took over Central America then the people would already be in the US. The aid paid of the decades should have bought the place by now.

It's time to actually do something about the border problem. Border crashing cannot be allowed, IMO. It takes illegal immigration to a new level of bad.
edit on 10/22/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It is, however, VERY humorous to me that an independent amateur journalist makes a mistake with punctuation marks.

So yeah, still not an "independent journalist" — amateur or otherwise — but you keep right on beating that drum and maybe if I change my mind, I'll make you the president of my fan club.

There was no punctuation mistake. I did make a declarative statement in response to my own rhetorical question. What was that question again? Was it, "who organized the migrant caravan?" No, it was not. (oh look, I did it again)

The question was:

"Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it?"

Why are you and the OP so reluctant to answer that question?

Or are you admitting "Trump and the GOP." have nothing to do with organizing this "caravan"?

I never said they did. As the OP made reference to however, many Trump supporters have said that the caravan is a mid-term stunt to benefit the Democrats.

Are you going to go on record here saying that the Democrats have nothing to do with organizing the caravan? I mean, you posted a link to the organizer's site and it wasn't the Democratic Party's website, was it?

When you misrepresented my statements, posting links to the organizer's website was "debunking" of your straw man assertions, so it must be similarly exculpatory for the Democrats?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There was no punctuation mistake. I did make a declarative statement in response to my own rhetorical question. What was that question again? Was it, "who organized the migrant caravan?" No, it was not.

So you do understand it is really easy to go back to the last page and get your quote?

If this is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms, who would be behind it? Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it? Trump and the GOP.

You actually did ask and answer "who is behind it".

When you can't even be honest about your own material, how can anyone trust the rest of the crap you spew here?

I never said they did.

uh yes you actually did

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Jesus. You just proved my point about your intellectual dishonesty. Look at your list. What's conspicuously missing?

"As many people have asserted, the caravan is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the November 6 elections."

Literally the ONLY line from the OP that I quoted and you leave it out of your list. Here, let me quote you before you change it:

Their current location?
The length of the journey?
Google maps estimation on foot?
The route?
Hurricane Wilma?
The assumption you can't get here by Nov 6 without transportation?

What do you call that but intellectually dishonest when the only point from your OP that you leave out is the one point that that I quoted in my response?

You're posts are so transparent.

You're disingenuous af and more than willing to bull# in post after post to avoid answering a very simple, very direct and very reasonable question:

Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about the caravan?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You actually did ask and answer "who is behind it".

No. I didn't. This is a question:

"If this is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms, who would be behind it?"

This is a second question:

"Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it?"

I'm not the one who was alleging a "well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms" as some plot to influence US voters. That's what the OP insinuated and what many Trump supporters have alleged.

And it's a "theory" that doesn't make sense. Which is apparent when you consider that the caravan has done nothing but fuel right-wing propaganda and rhetoric, which was an entirely predictable result.

When you can't even be honest about your own material, how can anyone trust the rest of the crap you spew here?

Lmao. Look at the lengths you and the OP have gone to in order to avoid answering a troubling question about the dubious "theory" that the OP was advancing? A dozen posts later and you're still trying to pettifog with this dumb # instead of addressing the major plot hole in this stupid narrative.

All you're doing by dodging is demonstrating that you realize how it doesn't add up and that you lack the character to admit it. Have fun with that.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join