It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the caravan arrive at the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean the U.S. under Reagan? Yeah.. he kinda already killed the guy... been dead of 13 years.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: seagull

Oh, wait, that's not happening, is it? Totally a spontaneous event. No group could possibly be so cold blooded as to send 7000 (possibly more) into the path of a possible Cat 5 storm...just to make life tough for a politician, could they?

Interesting theory.....

Plot twist, they all pull out kites when it hits. Boom, welcome to Wisconsin, care for some cheese curds?

Oh come on now....we all know trump has the HAARP controls now. The caravan is no match for a "typhoon"!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront

You mean the U.S. under Reagan? Yeah.. he kinda already killed the guy... been dead of 13 years.

Ha, which recently banned member do we have here?

hahahaha.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Even if they do get into the U.S., that's .00002 of our entire population. You guys are letting the media form your opinions for you. That's 45,000 Americans against every one of these people in this "caravan".

So what percentage is a problem then?
The latest estimate is 22.1m illegal immigrants - about 1 in every 15 people in the USA.
Is that too many or is there some way to go yet?

link   

Even if they do get into the U.S., that's .00002 of our entire population. You guys are letting the media form your opinions for you. That's 45,000 Americans against every one of these people in this "caravan".

Are we?
Am I really not for law and order? Am I really against people that want to enter my country doing so according to our laws?

Gee....thanks for enlightening me about that. Perhaps you could tell me what else I am for?

link   

I doubt God looks too kindly on the child abusers heading up through Mexico,....

All these people are 'child abusers'?
Have you any proof or evidence of that?

And let's face it, God doesn't seem to have been too bothered in the past about child abusers in his organisations.

.....so if he sends a hurricane to stop them , it won't be a surprise.

So hurricanes and the devastation they wreak are god's work?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

you know what 0.0002 percent is? Its a start. Once they cross why cant the others? How come he could but not me? Then more and more...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

As many people have asserted, the caravan is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the November 6 elections.

If this is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms, who would be behind it? Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it? Trump and the GOP. Predictably, would't you say?

The caravan in April was good for energizing the right-wing base for weeks, the wave of unaccompanied minors in 2015-2016 was good for months of "invasion" narrative.

If it's a mid-term stunt, doesn't seem likely one to have been concocted to benefit the Democrats.

As for the destination: I haven't seen any mention of it in what I've read but the April caravan went all the way to San Ysidro, which is more than twice as far.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What if they get here and have no place to work? I doubt that the folks walking to the US are independently wealthy.

E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E-Verify is a voluntary program. However, employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause are required to enroll in E-Verify as a condition of federal contracting. Employers may also be required to participate in E-Verify if their states have legislation mandating the use of E-Verify, such as a condition of business licensing. Finally, in some instances employers may be required to participate in E-Verify as a result of a legal ruling. E-Verify, which is available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, is currently the best means available to electronically confirm employment eligibility.

Ask your government to make E-Verify mandatory for all wage and paycheck employees. Let us end this nonsense.

Source

Maybe the next town hall meeting you attend this could be a question you ask your lawmaker who is begging for your vote? Maybe take 10 minutes and write a letter? How about an email, or phone call?

This should be the most important issue in this election.

edit on 22-10-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I believe UKT is referring to the conditions the children have been put through not sexual abuse .

BTW

My post about irony was meant in jest. I’m kind of surprised everyone took it so seriously .

link   
I'm not understanding the motive behind this, IF it is backed secretly by anti-trump organizations.. Everybody knows trump is tough on immigration. How would that effect the election?

edit on 22-10-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Who is this outfit?

viva la pueblosinfronteras !!

For more than fifteen years, members of Pueblo Sin Fronteras have been reaching out to the most vulnerable immigrants in the United States and to migrants and refugees on the move.

We are a collective of friends who decided to be in permanent solidarity with displaced peoples.

We accompany migrants and refugees in their journey of hope, and together demand our human rights.

We provide humanitarian aid and legal advise to migrants and refugees.

To build solidarity bridges among peoples and turndown border walls imposed by greed.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As many people have asserted, the caravan is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the November 6 elections.

If this is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the mid-terms, who would be behind it? Who is reaping the most political benefit from talking about it? Trump and the GOP. Predictably, would't you say?

The caravan in April was good for energizing the right-wing base for weeks, the wave of unaccompanied minors in 2015-2016 was good for months of "invasion" narrative.

If it's a mid-term stunt, doesn't seem likely one to have been concocted to benefit the Democrats.

As for the destination: I haven't seen any mention of it in what I've read but the April caravan went all the way to San Ysidro, which is more than twice as far.

yeah its the GOP....
www.pueblosinfronteras.org...
yep the gop organized this "caravan"
www.pueblosinfronteras.org...

lol when it takes all of 5 minutes to debunk your bs, perhaps you should evaluate your position

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I doubt God looks too kindly on the child abusers heading up through Mexico,....

All these people are 'child abusers'?
Have you any proof or evidence of that?

And let's face it, God doesn't seem to have been too bothered in the past about child abusers in his organisations.

.....so if he sends a hurricane to stop them , it won't be a surprise.

So hurricanes and the devastation they wreak are god's work?

Proof? Of course.
Any parent that would take their child on a journey of 1,000s of miles on foot whilst breaking the law in the process is a child abuser.
The humane thing to do is to take these children and try to find them safe homes.
Before pretending they are keeping their kids from harm by seeking asylum, if that were the case they would have sought asylum in the nearest safe country. They didn't - they wanted to abuse their children some more.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A simple google search will reveal that many past immigrant caravans usually ride the freight trains once they reach Mexico. They call it the beast. I would assume that this will be the case this time as well thus you will find that they will reach the US border much quicker than if they walk the distance.

Starting point to source

El tren de la muerte ("The Death Train") refers to a network of Mexican freight trains that are utilized by U.S.- bound migrants to more quickly traverse the length of Mexico, also known as La Bestia ("The Beast") and El tren de los desconocidos ("The train of the unknowns"). This mode of travel is extremely dangerous and illegal. It is estimated that yearly between 400,000 and 500,000 migrants, the majority of whom are of Central American origin, continue to ride atop these trains in the effort to reach the United States.

edit on 10 22 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 22 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

For some who claims to be so impartial and enlightened. You certainly fall for a lot of liberal biases and manipulation tactics.

Doesn't matter what percentage of the population they make up. They entered a sovereign nation illegally and intend to manipulate a system designed to pick our elected officials and help unfortunate Americans.

These kind of debates make me think a large portion of Americans care more for anyone but their own countrymen and women. Like somewhere they were taught to hate everything that made them part of the most privileged group of humans to ever grace the planet.

Rather odd for someone like myself who was taught to judge people by the content of their character rather than by their affiliation or race.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Look at that beautiful coastal trek!

Free food and drink along the way, free sandals and clothes, $20 bills from Democrat's, participating in all that collectivist fervor, becoming an international 'celebritiy' for doing so, and the sweet tshirt you get for completing the course... sign me up!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
lol when it takes all of 5 minutes to debunk your bs, perhaps you should evaluate your position

One does not 'evaluate' a position, aside from its effectiveness, when it's intended to deceive.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

President Trump this morning tweeted he will now eliminate or substantially reduce the nearly half billion dollars in aid Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador receive from the US. Link.

This is what I don’t get. These people are fleeing a place where they don’t have enough food and supplies so you take away the food and supplies you’re sending the country? If there was a perfect anti-solution to this mass caravan, that’s it.

I think Trump and the people he’s surrounded with want this caravan to continue coming so he has the political capital to continue his hard line on immigration.

Immigration has been at an all time low since Trump took office so his hard line stances on it don’t really make sense. That is until a mass caravan of people are headed this way. And I think that’s by design. I can see Stephen Millers grubby fingerprints all over this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join