It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the caravan arrive at the US?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So in the last two days, the caravan reached the Guatemalan/Mexican boarder, was briefly detained, and then on the move again. Reports are that the numbers have swelled to as much as 7,000 people.

President Trump this morning tweeted he will now eliminate or substantially reduce the nearly half billion dollars in aid Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador receive from the US. Link.

As many people have asserted, the caravan is a well funded and organized stunt designed to coincide with the November 6 elections. Others have claimed this is an organic event, spontaneously supported by small charities.

That go me to thinking. How long does it take 7,000 people to walk through Mexico?

Here is the quickest route from Tapachula, Mexico to the US boarder.

So as you can see, the caravan has roughly 1,761km to go. Google estimates a walking time of 357 hours (just under 15 days). Since it's clear people can't walk 24 hours a day, let alone many women and children, it's pretty certain they cannot be here by November 6. Moreover, I would think Hurricane Willa will make walking conditions substantially more difficult. That storm is predicted to potentially reach Category 5. And while it will pass in front of the caravan long before they arrive, its aftermath could still make traversing Mexico very difficult.

That is unless they have massive coordinated help with transportation, which we keep being told is not happening.

So let's see where they are on November 5th.

Any guesses?

edit on 22-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Any guesses?

Voting booths in LA.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yes, a minimum of 82 days if walking at best speed of 20 miles / day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Any guesses?

Voting booths in LA.

You make monday mornings so bright and cheery!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This could be problematic.

Dangerous Category 4 Hurricane Willa Headed For Mexico Landfall Early This Week; Hurricane Warnings Issued

weather.com...
edit on 22-10-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Rut Roh, better take yo ass back home.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes. Mentioned above. Moreover, they think it could be as much as a Cat 5 at landfall. By the time it reaches through Mexico, I would imagine the aftermath will be a complete mess, making the journey even longer.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Any guesses?

Voting booths in LA.

Along with drivers licenses, food stamp cards,free medical and subsidized housing
edit on 22-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Nothin' like putting people in danger to score your political points...

Oh, wait, that's not happening, is it? Totally a spontaneous event. No group could possibly be so cold blooded as to send 7000 (possibly more) into the path of a possible Cat 5 storm...just to make life tough for a politician, could they?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh, wait, that's not happening, is it? Totally a spontaneous event. No group could possibly be so cold blooded as to send 7000 (possibly more) into the path of a possible Cat 5 storm...just to make life tough for a politician, could they?

Interesting theory.....

Plot twist, they all pull out kites when it hits. Boom, welcome to Wisconsin, care for some cheese curds?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Nothin' like putting people in danger to score your political points...

A couple of the organizers have already been arrested. I wish they would trace the money and publish it.

Organizer of Honduran migrant caravan detained in Guatemala
www.reuters.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Phoenix activist arrested in southern Mexico while participating in migrant caravan
www.azcentral.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I doubt they are walking the whole way. The organisers will likely be providing transport - they only walk for the periods the photo ops are needed.
we've known for some time that it is not possible for them to arrive before the election IF they are walking, but they seemed to have covered an awful lot of ground in just a few days.
Maybe Guatemala IS sending their finest... all Olympic level athletes.
edit on 22/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If the new steering routine works with Willa, the machine will be a big success and should dampen and / or stop most of the caravan.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Three Guatemalan police officers zeroed in on Bartolo Fuentes, a former lawmaker in the Honduran Congress.
Fuentes is a former LIBRE party congressman and a longtime social movement and migrant rights activist. LIBRE is the party founded and led by Manuel Zelaya, the President ousted in 2009.
Connections will start there I think.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Dangerous Category 4 Hurricane Willa Headed For Mexico Landfall Early This Week; Hurricane Warnings Issued

weather.com...

A caravan organized by the religion heating left to interfere with US midterm elections. Is stopped by a act of God.

Talk about irony .

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think its fairly obvious Trump hasn't released his tax returns because it implicates him or his family with the Mexican drug cartels, dude probably does coc aine himself, and this would also implicate much of the military-industrial apparatus in league with the drug cartels due to their inability to lose the relevance given them through the connection between cartels, their handlers in the Mexican government, and the drug-runners/private-prison-system within the US. I hope the Zapatistas succeed in their objectives of secession.
edit on 22-10-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront

Sup with all these new posters but no intro thread?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't know how long it will take for them to get to the border, but my daughter is scared to death because she is 5 hours from the border crossing, is pregnant and her husband is out of town working so she is alone. So my question is if our govt is not able to stop them (and their numbers keep growing by the day so it will become more and more difficult to stop them) which way will they be heading?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: infolurker

weather.com...

A caravan organized by the religion heating left to interfere with US midterm elections. Is stopped by a act of God.

Talk about irony .

I doubt God looks too kindly on the child abusers heading up through Mexico, so if he sends a hurricane to stop them , it won't be a surprise.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Even if they do get into the U.S., that's .00002 of our entire population. You guys are letting the media form your opinions for you. That's 45,000 Americans against every one of these people in this "caravan".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join