It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Migrant Caravan now 7000??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I have the exact opposite feeling about border control. I think they are amazing and doing everything they can, but they are completely overwhelmed, I don't think they can handle it. I'm taking their word for it like the examples below:

All I'm saying is, ask the border patrol. What do they want?

www.cbsnews.com...

The recent surge is overwhelming government facilities and forcing Immigration and Customs Enforcement to quickly release migrants just hours after they're arrested. The United Church of Christ is one of seven Tucson churches that have become temporary homes for migrant families just released by ICE. "The gates just opened very suddenly. I think we got 800 people," said Pastor Delle McCormick.

www.pressherald.com...

Arizona Border Patrol agents for weeks have been overwhelmed by the arrival of large numbers of Central American migrants traveling in families. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Arizona earlier this month began releasing hundreds of people to await court dates, saying it didn’t have the capacity to hold an “incredibly high volume” of migrant families showing up at the border.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

We've beefed it up quite a bit in the past few years. I think we spend $132 billion on it. In fact border crossings are amongst the lowest they've ever been. Our agents are doing a great job. But panicing about it because Oprah or Hannity tell you to isn't going to help us.

When I drove a truck, I spent a lot of time down next to the border. You're dead wrong. There are massive stretches where the only border is a creek called the Rio Grande that you can wade in flip-flops most of the time. It's literally a stretch of mud. I've stood on the bank and looked across into Mexico. Sean Hannity wasn't there... neither was Oprah.

And wade they do. Not immigrants... drug runners, traffickers, even cattle rustlers. I know of one fellow, a friend of a friend, who owns a ranch on the border. It's shut down now. The reason it's shut down is his best friend since childhood, who was also his ranch foreman, was murdered trying to stop Mexican rustlers from stealing their cattle. Gunned down in the desert. They alerted the Border Patrol when the rustling started, but the Border Patrol is overwhelmed at the ports of entry. They have no time and no manpower to cover remote stretches.

That's what we're dealing with.

That's why we need a WALL.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh dear friends in 'Merica.
Please put the safety's back on your firearms, before someone gets accidentally injured. Thanks.

Have imagined a solution, to all's benefit:

We all have weeks to prepare.
Build a large, 5 story staircase at the Mexican border.
Have all of the migrants climb it, and then tell them they must make a leap-of-faith into freedom.
Off they leap, into one of those tubes like at the water-parks.

They whoosh down through Texas, keep going northward, and they just keep whooshing, all the way up north to Québec, where we will welcome them with open parkas, mittens and tuques, and a new pair of ski-doo boots for everyone!

We'll patch-up any gunshot wounds they may have incurred whooshing through 'Merica, but it will hopefully be minimal due to the, you know: whooshing.

We will help them get established here in Québec and Canada, and have faith that the majority will eventually be solid contributors.

Win-win-win?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's cheaper and more effective to use drones, and ground surveillance radar.

A dozen or so fob's with quick reaction forces can handle it.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's actually a decent idea. Drones are off-the-shelf items that can be deployed in days. At least we could keep eyes on the border that way and know where to deploy troops.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

You want 'em? Come get 'em.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

now you want to treat people like animals because they broke the law by crossing an imaginary boundary?

yikes, ya'll calling for violence and screaming for us to treat them like animals need to put yourself in check

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

They could use your help during their long journey. How about it buddy. Can you spare some time to give them a hand?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Because AMERICA CARES I am sure the ACDC will be ready to send triage Teams out to these people in need as soon as they are in jurisdiction....it is imperative that these peoples good health and well being be supported....we would not wish to see any type of epidemic happen...these types of things can happen when people are travelling like this with poor to no hygene or washing and eating and cooking facilities...its a good thing there are plenty of Facilities available where an Epidemic type situation can be managed with the best interests of everyone being the primary concern....I am sure there are Isolation Areas all over America big enough to house and provide immediate humanitarian and medical care to these 7000+ needy people.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I thought it was too.

Even anti drone tech to stop drug cartels from using drones to smuggle narcotics.

www.federalresources.com...

Like the above.

Here's how effective GSR has become ( affordable)

Spotter rf does anti drone combos.

Securing the border is completely doable and can be achieve cost effectively.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Trump should just send them all to Nancy Pelosi's District, I'm sure they will be welcomed with open arms there.

Seriously, what triggered them and why, under Trump, do they think that they can cross multiple borders to try and come here illegally?

Things seem pretty fishy about this whole thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

We've beefed it up quite a bit in the past few years. I think we spend $132 billion on it. In fact border crossings are amongst the lowest they've ever been. Our agents are doing a great job. But panicing about it because Oprah or Hannity tell you to isn't going to help us.

When I drove a truck, I spent a lot of time down next to the border. You're dead wrong. There are massive stretches where the only border is a creek called the Rio Grande that you can wade in flip-flops most of the time. It's literally a stretch of mud. I've stood on the bank and looked across into Mexico. Sean Hannity wasn't there... neither was Oprah.

And wade they do. Not immigrants... drug runners, traffickers, even cattle rustlers. I know of one fellow, a friend of a friend, who owns a ranch on the border. It's shut down now. The reason it's shut down is his best friend since childhood, who was also his ranch foreman, was murdered trying to stop Mexican rustlers from stealing their cattle. Gunned down in the desert. They alerted the Border Patrol when the rustling started, but the Border Patrol is overwhelmed at the ports of entry. They have no time and no manpower to cover remote stretches.

That's what we're dealing with.

That's why we need a WALL.

TheRedneck

That brings up an interesting question then. What did they spend $132 Billion on?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

People don't have a right to migrate to wherever they want. Especially not Illegally. Countries have borders, even the EU has external borders. Stop trying to rationalize unfettered migration into one's country. Not everyone who wants to come here, gets to. Recent history has shown that uncontrolled immigration into a country or region, hasn't been the great idea it was touted as.

How is life in Central America any worse then it has been in any other year or decade? They can't seem to get their governmental act together in a number of those countries, yet other Central American Countries seem to do just fine. You don't see people in mass exodus from Costa Rica or Panama to the United States, for example. Rather than trying to fix their own country, they would rather just give up.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I wasn't aware they had gotten it.

If they did, probably on Border Patrol. Those boys need to eat, too, and they have quite a bit of scanning equipment. I used to go through their check station outside of Laredo all the time, and there's a lot more than just that one.

Incidentally, every trailer that came north across the border had to be weighed on this side (since the weights form Mexico were typically wrong), and every trailer had to be completely inspected to ensure that the tires were not junk that was swapped out for the good tires and the lights hadn't been stolen. Every trip north, we were required to check under the trailer and over the sleeper for stowaways at every stop... otherwise we were in trouble at the check station.

These are the kind of people we are talking about.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
MSM just reported 12,000 to 14,000 now.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
MSM just reported 12,000 to 14,000 now.

U.S. Government, Intelligence, Banking Regulators and FBI really need track down financiers of this and charge with conspiracy to cause National Security, Sovereignty and Economic harm to this country. I am sure there is plethora of law to work with here. Accounts should be seized or frozen and arrests made.

If the mob still comes then yes fair warning should be made prior to crossing of border such as leaflets and any other available media letting them have no misunderstanding about taking a choice to be part of a paid mercenary mob army and what the consequence is at the border if attempt is made to invade.

Most believe this is an election stunt for mid-terms so that media circus and optics favor getting "D's" to vote.

I believe this is to be used to forment a movement south of border to gin up mass invasion by using a solidarity type action driven by racial hatred.

Its evil in any sane persons thinking to use essentially "useful idiots" put in peril by puppet masters who only want chaos and are driven by political hatred and loss of power. An evil hatred that imperils all.

Chaos is whats coming unless the puppet masters are dealt with properly.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

They would kill you in a heart beat. We fought Mexico for a lot of the land we have today. Most Mexicans that are still in Mexico and many over here it is the deepest desire to get back that land. Do you really think water cannons are going to stop them? Apparently you know nothing of humankind when it comes to materialism. Also remember Waco? If we didn't stop because of children then why would we now? Those people were citizens of this country. The ones you plead for are invaders.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix
If they make it here, I hope they're too tired for Mob Actions. But President Trump isn't taking any chances. He's laying the groundwork, by letting people know what could be coming.

At a 100,000 attendee rally in Houston, Texas this evening, Trump Calls Migrant Mob Headed for Border “National Emergency,” and Notifies U.S. Military.
truepundit.com...

THIS means the Border Patrol, military, and assisting law enforcement, will be legally cleared to use all means necessary to stop hoards of illegals from breaching our fences... like they did when heading into southern Mexico from Guatemala.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There is no way they will be here by election day... it's October 22, they are 1000 miles away from the nearest US border.. they have elderly, and children... they can barely travel 10 miles a day.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They'll be here by election day, which is November 7th for all you democrats!

Don't forget, November 7th!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Trump should just send them all to Nancy Pelosi's District, I'm sure they will be welcomed with open arms there.

Seriously, what triggered them and why, under Trump, do they think that they can cross multiple borders to try and come here illegally?

Things seem pretty fishy about this whole thing.

It is basically impossible to make the journey in time for the midterm on foot. They likely have buses transporting them to hasten their journey.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join