It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Migrant Caravan now 7000??

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I’m a firm believer of resolving the issues we have at home first. If our government has not resolved the homeless problem or remedied the lack of care for our veterans, then they obviously don’t have the discipline required to assist more immigrants.

Democrats argue “We should let everyone seeking asylum into our country.”
“When considering that many Central American countries have corrupt governments and violent gangs running amok. It’s only natural that people would want to leave the depravity of the situation.”

When I hear those words, I usually reply with a rhetorical question. “Once they (those seeking asylum) are inside of Mexico, they are no longer being persecuted / oppressed. So why not stop there?”

Could it be that there’s other motives?

edit on 22-10-2018 by Beowolfs because: .

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The US s to drop fliers on them

That should come in handy for their toilet paper.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The US s to drop fliers on them letting them know they will be sent back on a good day. Bad day they die in the desert.

Just fliers? Not cluster munitions? What kind of nonsense tactic is this? Bring the pain. Bring it hard.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If I have to purchase rifle ammunition for use in my rifle to help stop this invasion, will I be able to deduct the cost on my tax return?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If I have to purchase rifle ammunition for use in my rifle

Wouldn't a Scattergun be more appropriate ?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cogidubnus

Attitudes like mine? You mean trying to find middle ground and compassion for my fellow man? Trying to look beyond that which I fear, that which is different? Trying to step out of my shoes and relate to an unknown entity. Guilty as charged I guess?

We help where we can an in this case we are talking 130m last year when 50m was the average for the region. I see this all like a Baby Jessica scenario. Back in 1987 baby Jessica fell down a well and for 3 days the whole country was watching all worried about this little girl. Every American had their heart go out to this little girl etc...

That was all great but what about the 10,000s of kids a year that go missing, get hurt, die etc...no one cares much do they.

This caravan is like baby Jessica to people like you, but how many Darfur posts have you written as millions, 10s of millions are killed dismembered, raped etc there, and that is one of many countries.....

Sometimes you just need to understand how the world around you lives and we are talking billions of people in the same boat.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah im following this on youtube been doing so for the past few days, what gives this invaders the nerve to do this?
Why cant they make their own countries good like the US?
Why come to the US if you hate it so much, somethings i just dont get.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: roadgravel

If I have to purchase rifle ammunition for use in my rifle

Wouldn't a Scattergun be more appropriate ?

Hmmm

Depends on the distance to target. I guess I need to ready both. Tks.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here's the thing. We already have walls, sensors, fences, towers, patrols etc. We already have strong/good border patrol agency. Instead of panicing because your favorite celebrity sean hannity, Kim Kardashian, taylor swift, Tammy lohren tell you to panic. Why not trust that the people in the actual border patrol will ask for help, reinforce, talk to their Mexican counterparts, call in extra logistical support from the national guard, or the relevent law enforcement agencies. They'll do their jobs, and if not, we can fire them or reorganize the agency to do a better job next time.

Meanwhile if we have a complete failure, we have 7,000 extra people in the US out of what...4 million Illegal immigrants. LOL and you guys are worried about these 7000 How come?
edit on 22-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't think anyone is worried about 1K, 4K or even 7K people,

Mexico kept over 400K people from coming to our border in the last few years.
400K people is a whole other ballpark.

It's like telling people don't worry about that one drop of water coming through their roof, at some point that drop of water will flood in.

www.theatlantic.com...

largely stanching the flow of migrants. From 2014 through July 2016, with American prodding, the Mexicans detained approximately 425,000 migrants who were attempting to make their way to the United States.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Cuz its 800000 now. They are breeding like rabbits before they even get here!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Cuz its 800000 now. They are breeding like rabbits before they even get here!

And how will they get in? You don't think the border patrol is already looking at this, planning for it, making contigency plans etc?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What if this is a set up ? They will reach the border and our Military will be there what if our military receives Fire from across the border ?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ummm. I got nothin .

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

And how will they get in? You don't think the border patrol is already looking at this, planning for it, making contigency plans etc?

Do you even know anything about our border? I suggest you watch a special on Netflix called America's front Line.

It basically shows that our borders are like swiss cheese. There are a million ways to get in. Just ask yourself, how effective has border patrol been to this point?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: lakenheath24

It's almost two billion dollars now...

That'd be life changing.

Powerball and MegaMillions combined.

$2.2 billion.

I bought tickets,

Can't lose if one doesn't play.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Do you even know anything about our border? I suggest you watch a special on Netflix called America's front Line.

It basically shows that our borders are like swiss cheese. There are a million ways to get in. Just ask yourself, how effective has border patrol been to this point?

We've beefed it up quite a bit in the past few years. I think we spend $132 billion on it. In fact border crossings are amongst the lowest they've ever been. Our agents are doing a great job. But panicing about it because Oprah or Hannity tell you to isn't going to help us.

And you know I could be wrong. i'm not the smartest guy. I just think that our Border Patrol has it handled. Because what's the alternative. Trump already want's to build a wall, but I mean right now. Bring in some military that doesn't know the border and the nuances and then you have multiple chains of command and soldiers being used as border patrol agents. Is that what we need?

All I'm saying is, ask the border patrol. What do they want? Don't listen to what you hear on the radio and TV. They know less than we do. And make no mistake. Those "pundits" like Hannity and limbaugh are no more knowledgable than Matt Damon or taylor Swift or Kim Kardashian. Dont' listen to any of them. Ask the border patrol.

edit on 22-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Border States can call out their Militia's If Need be until the U.S. Military are Deployed . Most all the Western States have Militia's clauses in their State Constitutions making their Use Legal under the Law .

Make no Mistake about it , this in Reality is an attempt by Foreign Nationals to Invade the United States , and a Direct Threat to Our National Security . They Must ALL be Stopped , the President knows this Well.........

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Obviously you don't live in a southern border State.

The border is nothing but a line on a map is some areas. I used to hunt in west Texas for years on leases on the border, it became to unsafe...not from rattle snakes, copperheads, large groups of ferrel hogs, bobcats, coyotes etc.

But from smugglers, human traffickers and illegals.

Mg

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join