It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Migrant Caravan now 7000??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It is indeed a conundrum.

It is indeed an invasion.

Some of these migrants may have refugee status papers. Obama sent attorneys to Honduras after the 2014/2015 invasions to sign up and begin the paperwork and legal process. I have a feeling some of these people may be part of that, but I am sure not all of them are.

We are going to have a huge mess on our hands when they arrive. The idiotic Democrats will be screaming about "babies being ripped from their mothers' arms", and the left-wing media will be in hyper anti-Trump mode for days, if not weeks!

BUILD THE WALL!!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Republicans did it! No Democrats did it! No God did it!

What if we did it? It’s a lot more complex than the nonse you or the media can come up with. Like most historical events this predicament the world is finding itself in goes way beyond one factor.

Sure some of those people might have bad intentions or whatever but for the most part it’s just people. People so desperate they are walking into the unknown because even that’s better than there current realities. How many of you have been to war torn or 3rd world countries?

The stuff going on in South America is bad. Drug lords and gangs have armies bigger than the armies! These gangs are rich from illegal narcotics sales mostly to us the westerners.
They’re economies and governments have been duped by western countries and banks into basically becoming slaves thrown into debt that can never be repaid.
In many cases their natural resources and lands have been bought, destroyed and emptied by corporations that did so for a massive profit. None of which the actual country ever sees.
Drastic changes in environment coupled with extreme weather has in many cases been the final nail in the coffin.
So these people, human beings just like you and me have spent the last decade or two or five watching their countries get turned upside down, governments dissintegrated, workforce’s depleted, pay checks shrunk and basic standards of living virtually wiped out. To top it all off their families are being murdered and they can’t feed their kids.

What would you do? Where do you go when all that’s left is death? Would you walk to greener pastures as a last ditch effort to feed your kids or get a job so your family could get access to drinkable water?

I’m sure I’ll be deemed a dillusional bleeding heart liberal etc etc and that’s not my intention. Everybody’s lives are hard and we all got issues. Trust me haha but I feel like as a whole we are all missing the human aspect to all of this? Why can’t we all look at each other and ask how can we help?

Rather than scream Democrats did it! republicans payed them! And write it off as another political talk point.

The have nots vastly outnumber the haves. And that’s a very relative statement. The horde knocking on the door isn’t just going to go away. It’s just going to get bigger and bigger and everntually there will be a breaking point. How can we help?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

its paranoia.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

if i could i would give 100 stars! thanks.

us and them
and after all we only ordinary men.
(r. waters)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

As of Sunday, the numbers of migrants taking part in the caravan had swelled to anywhere from 5,000 people, according to the Associated Press to 7,000, according to the Los Angeles Times

I hope everyone sees this for what it is... the AP reporting 7000? The truth is hard to find these days but how many "hopeful" migrants are really in this crowd? How many MS13 members in this crowd? How many carrying childhood diseases? How many weapons and drugs in this crowd? This is the same tactic employed during the Kavanaugh case... last minute disruption and distraction leading right up to the date of the election. This is driven from the same string pulling liberal governments in collaboration with Soros backed 'Alinsky' types who are out to destroy the United States from the inside. Wake up America, and send troops to our southern border, then go VOTE!
edit on 22-10-2018 by jonsnow because: left out a word

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cogidubnus

What would you do? Where do you go when all that’s left is death? Would you walk to greener pastures as a last ditch effort to feed your kids or get a job so your family could get access to drinkable water?

I’m sure I’ll be deemed a dillusional bleeding heart liberal etc etc and that’s not my intention. Everybody’s lives are hard and we all got issues. Trust me haha but I feel like as a whole we are all missing the human aspect to all of this? Why can’t we all look at each other and ask how can we help?

The horde knocking on the door isn’t just going to go away. It’s just going to get bigger and bigger and everntually there will be a breaking point. How can we help?

They get aid from the American government already in the form of millions of dollars. What would I do? I dunno maybe if I had a caravan of 7 to 10 k mostly military-aged men brave enough to march toward the border of the worlds most mighty military power instead id take these same "brave" people and force change in my own country..

What a thought eh?

And yes there will be a breaking point Americans are the most armed population with billions of rounds of ammo. When our breaking point is reached you will know. And they will go away one way or the other walking or shipped back in body bags.

🚫 MAJORITY are 18-29yo. men
🚫MAJORITY have a 4th grade education
🚫Coming from 3 of the most violent countries in the world
🚫No English
🚫Will obliterate our schools
🚫Hospitals will be overrun
🚫New diseases
🚫Overwhelm us Financially

I have a young son. I don't want America to be a 3rd world cesspool by the time he is my age.
edit on 22-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

eh other countries get to use water cannons ,usa has bad optics using such things as it reminds people of the civl rights protests and the routine spraying of African Americans tis why we use pepper spray and what not now a days

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If there was any doubt who was behind it.

Earlier in the day, the migrants arrived at the Guatemalan border singing the Honduran national anthem, praying and chanting, "Yes, we can."

www.chicagotribune.com...

Hmmm, very interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Honduras is absolutely rich in natural resources. Is it our fault their country is too corrupt to do anything with it.
If all these thousand of people have the energy to walk that kind of distance with just hope of a better life, why can't they fight for a better life at home?

People in America are not heartless, but we know that we have plenty of our own problems. Look at Florida, there are several counties where the schools have a student population close to 100% below the poverty line. Look at the situation with our Veterans, our elderly, our homeless, our mentally ill, our upcoming pension crisis. So you ask, how can we help. How about some of these places freaking help themselves. We are already sending tons of money over there, do we need to spoon feed them too?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How can we help?

We can't.

You know, I get calls from charities all the time asking for donations. I have to turn most of them down. I can't help. Why? Because if I did try to help every single one, I would be the one in desperate need of help! I have to draw a line.

The US helps countries across the planet. Not just in foreign aid, but disaster relief and private charities as well. No one is more generous than the US... no one. But we have to draw a line somewhere, or we will be the ones needing charity.

Can you imagine what I would do if charities started breaking into my house and taking donations I had turned down giving? There would be firearms involved.

Central America is heading this way with full intention of breaking into our house and taking more than we were giving. There will likely be firearms involved.

Why are they coming? It's simple: attitudes like yours. Attitudes that ignore reality, like the reality of the charity we already send around the world, including to Central America. Like the reality that there is a limit to how much we can give. Like the reality that it is inherently wrong for anyone to simply walk in our door uninvited, unannounced, without permission and take even more. That attitude has encouraged this confrontation... and even delayed it so it will be harder to stop the intruders than it would have been previously, because allowing an act is also encouraging said act.

This is going to be bad, and I know where to place the blame. Some of it goes to the fools walking into a military fight unarmed, but the rest of that blame?

It's all on you.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well I guess i’m Sorry Redneck sir. I’ll take my share of the blame. Don’t think I’m the only cause but Hey what to I know? These were not my intentions.

Attitudes like mine? You mean trying to find middle ground and compassion for my fellow man? Trying to look beyond that which I fear, that which is different? Trying to step out of my shoes and relate to an unknown entity. Guilty as charged I guess?

I have no answers. I have nothing to offer. And I’m not implying others should give up there land and open their homes to “foreign invaders”. All I’m trying to say is maybe deeming them all evil, stupid and greedy is not the answer. I’m trying to start a meaningful dialogue like I would want if the tables were turned. If my unborn son, someday can’t find food and I had exhausted all other avenues I like to hope maybe somebody would help me. I’m trying to be a decent person and to be better.

No attacking or name calling. No blaming even. Just trying to draw a bigger picture for all this mess. We all get so used to the blinders we (I) sometimes forget about all the rest. My man in the last year I have had a lot of real life hit me in the face real hard. I honestly don’t know up from down anymore and I have been rattled to my core.

I’m just opening an alternate mindscape for some irregular ideas that don’t pop up to much any more. Devils advocate I guess? I have no mail intent towards you or your family and I don’t think anyone deserves your stuff more than you. I promise I don’t want the angry horde to hurt you or yours any more than I want anybody else to be hurt. Pipe dreams that will most likely never come to fruition.

Death and destruction will probably reign as always and we can hear about it on the news and “prey for the victims”

Am I so wrong to even just talk about something different? Why does the mention of compassion instantly receive such a hostile response? Can’t we even pretend for just a minute?

Doesn’t seem the case. Sorry for wasting your time.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In what way is anything you said "different"?

Not a thing. It's the same ol' warmed over "give 'em a fish, so they eat today." As we can plainly see, it's not working. Most, or a good portion, of the foreign aid, goes into corrupt pockets, and never gets any where near where it needs to go.

Do you honestly think that it'd be all sweetness and light if they're, the refugees, allowed free and easy access? What else are they going to expect free and easy access to? Are they going to get jobs, that will allow them to prosper? Or will they be field workers? If I'm a business owner, I'm not hiring them...as I've too much to lose if I'm caught doing so. What's left? Go on the dole? Then what was the point of coming all this way, you're still at the bottom of the food chain.

Instead, they need to fix their own homes. We've more than enough to be going on with here, we don't need to bring other problems into our nation.

Yes, it's cold. It could even, from a certain point of view, be considered cruel. Sorry, that's the real world, cold and cruel. You make your way in it as best you can.

The border needs to be controlled.
edit on 10/22/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

To many people let their compassion cloud their common sense.

Here is a few nice pictures courtesy of the caravan.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah I'm sure they hit every Piggly Wiggly on the way here to get a loaf of bread to eat.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Whaaaaa. You serious? Man, that is freaky. I like you. Get me one with Bob Marley dreds.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Cmon now, that is obviously ketchup, and those two are burning that flag someone desecrated with the pin-wheel thingy.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We need to funnel them all into CA...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm not calling anyone 'evil.' All I am saying is that we already do more for others than anyone else. That's a fact. We also have finite resources; another fact. Ergo, we can only do so much for others.

Maybe the answer is in the way we help others... I am open to a discussion on that. Maybe we could help a little more... I am open to discussing that. What I am not open to discussing is the "oh, look at the poor things! They just want help" narrative. That is devoid of reality, is not a reasonable position, and it has - whether you believe it or not - led to this moment and likely to a disastrous conflict with women and children being hurt and possibly killed.

And that, sir, is my trigger... children hurt. No child should ever be hurt like that. Ever. Period. I make no apologies for that belief.

I blame you (in the sense of those who think like you) not out of malice or ill intent, but out of factual reality. People need to pull their respective heads from their respective rears and see reality... this fantasy stuff is getting out of hand and dangerous.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

And that, sir, is my trigger... children hurt. No child should ever be hurt like that. Ever. Period. I make no apologies for that belief.

TheRedneck

This is what pisses me off more than any other thing, the innocent kids that didn't ask for this and may pay the ultimate price because of their parent's ignorance and the sick forces behind this whole charade.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: lakenheath24

They're HUMANS! And it's 2018 not 434. No matter what reason you think there is behind their march there's no excuse for that kind of talking.

Then go down to the border. You can hug them all before they're turned around and start their thousand mile journey home.

What I'd like to know is who went down there and told them to head this way. Whoever it was doesn't give two flips about their health, because they're just being used for political reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join