It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Eruption on MarS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Water vapor that has been photographed before... check this on 'Suspicious Observers' at about the 1:52 mark...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MeanMinistry

As a user of the internet, I'm fully qualified to say that Mars is in fact leaking.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sure looks like a volcanic plume. Interesting. I doubt it is a camera problem, as it is over many days, and different angles. Hmmmm.... Can't wait to hear the outcome of this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Cool photo. Not convinced it is just a cloud though. I think it needs more looking into. It could be a side vent on the volcano.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if its possible it was just venting gases and smoke, but not an actual eruption, kinda like this.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Cool photo. Not convinced it is just a cloud though. I think it needs more looking into. It could be a side vent on the volcano.

Yes, but take a look at the shadows where the cloud starts. The cloud starts away from the side of the volcano and the shadow underneath the cloud is obviously of something much higher up.

edit on 22/10/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: possible duplicate image removed

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Strange how many threads on here target NASA as liars or hiding somthing yet a quick search can show otherwise.

So not quite what you claim this from 2015

NASA scientists studying volcanic rocks from Mars came to the conclusion that the red planet´s volcano, Mount Olympus, is not dead or dormant but in fact an active volcano whose last eruption might have been as recent as a few years to decades ago.

Monday Apr 01, 2015

However, a number of indirect clues as to whether or not Mt Olympus is active were gathered in recent years. Crater counts from high-resolution images taken by the Mars Express orbiter in 2004 indicated that lava flows on the northwestern flank of Olympus Mons range in age from 115 to only 2 million years or less - very young in geologic terms. This was a first clue that suggested that the volcano could still be active.

in the middle of an ice field in vast East Antarctica. The birds seemed to have been attracted by a relatively large, seemingly fresh, impact site with intact meteorite. Amongst the ANSMET scientists brought in to study this exceptional meteorite was an Italian geologist who noticed a strong similarity to Etna's frequent volcanic bombs - often rounded pieces of solidified lava ejected during strong eruptions from fire fountains. Chemical analysis of this rock confirmed that it is indeed a basalt bomb, the type of lava commonly erupted by active volcanoes such as Etna, and moreover that it had the same chemistry as the Martian rocks.

More HERE

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh c`mon,its just Marvin and his hound firing up his rocket to destroy the earth.Better get Bugs up there soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Does anyone else find this too weird of a coincidence that this happens just a week shy of YouTube Downtime? (you know the one where something supposedly "Hit the moon"?) The YouTube thing was probably a load of #e but kinda gets you thinking that something may have in fact hit Mars travelling past our moon in the process??

I guess we will never know....
edit on 22-10-2018 by xsocomx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Is there any chance this a plume as a result of an impact, and not a plume derived from deep within the planet?

It cannot be a result of an impact. An impact would create a bigger, and almost round cloud and not a line like that seen on the pictures of Mars. That plume is obviously a result of volcanic activity.

Here are some examples of volcanic activity on Earth seen from space. BTW, some of the photos seem to have been taken immediately after an eruption, which means the cloud was in the immediate areas of the volcano. The photos showing a long cloudy line were taken several days after the eruption.

twistedsifter.com...

Impacts from comets/meteors make dust form around the zone of impact, almost in a circle, instead of creating a long line.

Below are some photos of Jupiter after the impact of comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 in 1994.

sci.esa.int...

media1.britannica.com...

BTW, yes those photos of Jupiter are just showing the kinetic energy released after impact. The dust raised by those impacts would also be round/roundish.

edit on 22-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"We see these clouds hang out over the summit of Arsia for weeks at a time during this time of year, every year," Harrison writes. She says the volcano's high elevation combined with water vapor in the atmosphere causes the clouds to form.

www.cnet.com...

Why on Earth would NASA conceal an active volcanic eruption on Mars?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

"We see these clouds hang out over the summit of Arsia for weeks at a time during this time of year, every year," Harrison writes. She says the volcano's high elevation combined with water vapor in the atmosphere causes the clouds to form.

www.cnet.com...

Why on Earth would NASA conceal an active volcanic eruption on Mars?

From the CNET article: "It's not a plume of smoke, but rather water ice clouds condensing out over the summit of the Arsia Mons volcano. We see them quite often over this particular volcano,"

Yes, i saw this too. Better late than never. After all its still amazing how much volume this plume has. I´m not posting on ATS just to prove anything. I just like to wonder about all the stuff is going on in our solar system. And spectisicm is great, but not for the sake of it.

Still, a volcanic eruption would have been amazing. ^_^

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Still, a volcanic eruption would have been amazing.
Indeed. An any space exploration endeavor would be all over it. Remember this?
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That would be the plume of refugees heading to USA

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Excellent share

I have always wondered if those four points, the top three and the fourth below them were connected subsurface.
Amazing activity under Mars to generate such a plum...
Wish the MRO backup could take a sample of the gas to see if any microb data is within it.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

volcano.oregonstate.edu...

Didnt volcanoes play some sort of roll in creating an atmosphere on earth?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Why isn't there a plume off of all of the other volcanoes in the vicinity, since they all share a similar maximum altitude? Would the climate be so varied from one place to another so close, on a seemingly dead world?

TheBorg :-)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Phage

volcano.oregonstate.edu...

Didnt volcanoes play some sort of roll in creating an atmosphere on earth?

Actually pure speculation as fact on how things are created was supposed to belong to religions...

Does anyone honestly believe these people know a damned thing about how anything was created?

The holes and impossible logic gaps and leaks and are often more embarassing than anything written in all of religions history.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh wow! Now that there looks to be swamp gas. Nothing new though, swamp gas is prevalent everywhere, not only here on Earth, there are more then a few threads even on ATS about all the swamp gas on mars. Here is one from not that long ago.

Link

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

See my earlier post - it's not just altitude, a variety of factors will be at work including latitude and morphology of the volcano. There are photos showing cloud around all of the major peaks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join