It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Eruption on MarS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

NIce. Interesting that the cloud streak there starts in the same place as the one in this series of observations - well away from the centre of the peak - almost as if winds were passing around it and the resulting disturbance causing clouds to form

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Quite cool and interesting! I'm thinking perhaps a cross between volcano and cloud, so I propose...

A carbon dioxide gas build up/release. Here's some C02 avalances that have been snapped before on Mars. So perhaps a large pocket of that co2 was released by a Mars-quake (I believe thats what they are known as there?)

edit on 22-10-2018 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2018 by Qumulys because: Cause I'm bad with english

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I quite like you're idea too of it just being caused by mountainous winds forming co2 clouds. Seems quite plausible as there is some thin atmosphere there.
edit on 22-10-2018 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: MeanMinistry

Quite common for prominent peaks on Earth to accumulate clouds around the peak that will then be disturbed by prevailing winds.

I'm not saying it isn't a volcanic eruption, I'm saying people are jumping to conclusions without considering the facts. People seem desperate for it to be one because NASA hasn't said it is one.
No conclusion was made. Only that clouds do not emanate from the same spot for weeks. 800km.. o well big enough

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MeanMinistry
No conclusion was made. Only that clouds do not emanate from the same spot for weeks.

Except they do.

pdfs.semanticscholar.org...

Banner clouds appear on the leeward side of a mountain and resemble a banner or a flag. This article provides a comprehensive definition of “banner clouds”. It is based primarily on an extensive collection of time lapse movies

www.quora.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Those photos really make Mars look like it has blue oceans.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Not popular but unfortunately the streak is but a cloud formation made by the upper level winds. It has happened before and will probably happen again youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

If this is true then this is a good sign for Mars, tectonic plate movement means geological activity , and that means volcanoes erupting and that means that the core is moving again ?

could mean mars is about to start generating an atmosphere again
could it be that this is a sign of core activity after a long hiatus
could the core be moving again and starting to generate an magnetosphere ?

imagine mars re-booting after 50 million years

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yeah but unfortunately see the post above yours - an annual occurrence of clouds forming around the mountain top.

If only someone else had suggested that earlier - oh wait, that was me

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

awww Bummer ,that would have been sweet!

I read this report , I think its round about the same area , I am not sure

Yeh I always should read the entire thread first before replying but I was far too excited , thinking that Mars was alive again! , well not that it isnt but MORE ALIVE

Impact crater or Supervolcano

Interesting that the same clouds don't form around the other mountains in that area ?
Considering the size of the other volcano's there
How did they confirm they were clouds from vapour rather than a volcano in the 70's when last imaged

edit on 22-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hey In your second last image , what is that beneath the 3 caldera , to the bottom right, those features, that seem almost highlighted ?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Hey In your second last image , what is that beneath the 3 caldera , to the bottom right, those features, that seem almost highlighted ?

It seems the camera is damaged in that spot. When you go through the Photostream these spots always appear when the images are overexposed.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I'd consider that pimple... popped!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Same thing photographed by India's Mangalyaan probe in January 2015:

www.isro.gov.in...

Water vapor clouds around Arsia Mons are seen on the left of the volcanic mountain.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I just found it odd that the vapour clouds only appear around that caldera , where as the two to the right dont have any clouds , are they roughly the same elevation in order to generate clouds ?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I can't be certain but it does appear to be the highest but perhaps as important is the diameter of the feature, and latitude may also play a role.

There's another Indian image that shows thin wispy clouds around all the major volcanic domes in the area.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that no one mentioned that only a few years ago, the comet Siding Spring smashed into Mars creating a lot of speculation about it's origin.

Yet, a year or more later someone produced a video showing two mushroom cloud detonations inn the southern equator region Mars. If indeed these were photo shopped images, I doubt that they would still be glowing in enhanced spectral analysis cameras to this day.

And now we have volcanic activity. It just all seem very CONNECTED to me. Any investigators?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It sure looks like one...thank you so much for sharing.

Is the direction of the "cloud" consistent with the direction(s) of wind on Mars?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yule C Mann
I find it very interesting that no one mentioned that only a few years ago, the comet Siding Spring smashed into Mars creating a lot of speculation about it's origin.

It passes Mars regularly, but it has not 'smashed into it'.

Yet, a year or more later someone produced a video showing two mushroom cloud detonations inn the southern equator region Mars. If indeed these were photo shopped images, I doubt that they would still be glowing in enhanced spectral analysis cameras to this day.

They were misinterpretations of the scenery by people with overactive imaginations. There were no mushroom clouds.

And now we have volcanic activity.

Except, if you read the thread, we don't.

It just all seem very CONNECTED to me. Any investigators?

Lots of them, most of them reaching logical conclusions.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be something if the energy that we are moving through cause the remergence of an atmosphere on Mars?

Why do I get this funny feeling like we will know soon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join