It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, some semblance of sanity and common sense.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: sooth
I strongly support the right of schizophrenics to use the carpool lane even though some narrow-minded, ignorant people may perceive them to be driving alone.

You mean they can't use it? Hey, multiple personalities means they are not alone. Maybe they need a special license plate that says they can use that lane.
I am sure the government will give you a special plate if you sign away your right to own a gun.

Imagine if that issue got so out of hand the President had to spell it out for the nation.
That is where we are!

yep its like we are de-evolving right before our eyes and letting a small fringe group dictate every nuance of society.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This ridiculous game of control has gone on long enough. What's next, gender laws and genital checks that violate the privacy of anyone who is supposedly the wrong gender? I can see that going VERY well, like the Salem Witch trials.

Back before this was a mainstream topic the transgender community got along just fine with everyone else. Now it's become a game of ridicule and criticize. The right bemoaned the left for the very same thing they do now. Forcing people to adhere to their narrow viewpoint.

And for what?

No one can live and let live anymore. That is how society is messed up.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is really sad how much hatred the Trump supporters have, they are insanely ignorant. Being transvestite is not a mental health issue...not understanding this is the mental health issue.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: rickymouse

People are often idiots.

But they should be free to be as idiotic as they want.

Even if I identify as a female badger...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yeah, and that fringe group is a bunch of rampant right wingers with a strange obsession over what genitals people have!

This move, if true, is nothing short of disgusting. And to top it all off, using science as a poor excuse while at the same time ignoring climate data. Nothing but a bunch of cherry picking lunatics.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
This is really sad how much hatred the Trump supporters have, they are insanely ignorant. Being transvestite is not a mental health issue...not understanding this is the mental health issue.

How does being a transvestite change the chromanones you are born with? This is why I used the squirrel analogy, a person can pretend to be a squirrel, but in so doing they must accept that they can never truly be a squirrel. A person can pretend to be another sex (it could be because they feel more comfortable about it, it could be because they just like it, it could be for many reasons) but in the end genetically it is something that they are not. They should accept that there are limitations to that. Instead we get people saying this and that over the issue instead of understanding the science behind the statements.

It's not a mental health issue that a person wants to be a squirrel or is it that they feel like a squirrel. The mental health issue comes to the front when they want the world to only address them as a squirrel, and if not they become violent about not being referred to as a squirrel (violent in this use has to do with becoming loud and argumentative, physically lashing out, or tries to gather up forces to socially bully a person that doesn't see them as a squirrel). Then we go from people pretending to be something that they are not, to a mental health issue of that person not wanting to understand that they are not a squirrel no matter what they want to believe.

This isn't an issue of hate, misunderstanding, or anything of such matters but instead this is just a matter of facts. This being said if you want to pretend to be a squirrel, then more power to you just be aware that in the end your genes say that you are the person that you were born as.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Right wingers are the ones who are mad as hell as wont take it anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

A lofty thread title, and as expected, didn't follow through.

Instead of "castrated" I think you meant "castigated", but that's close!

D for effort!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

There is and always has been a hatred against the transgender community. They are a wonderful group of people who want nothing more than acceptance, yet for some reason the right cannot accept them as they are. I will proudly stand by and support them.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos

Yeah, and that fringe group is a bunch of rampant right wingers with a strange obsession over what genitals people have!

This move, if true, is nothing short of disgusting. And to top it all off, using science as a poor excuse while at the same time ignoring climate data. Nothing but a bunch of cherry picking lunatics.

There are a bunch of lunatics on both sides however I DO UNDERSTAND people feeling trapped or lost within their biological designation. I've seen it, however we have to have some official designation, like just for instance when a woman can go in and get a business loan at a government guaranteed lower rate. So should persons whom identify as women get these loans? For me its not about personal it's about I dont trust our government regardless of party affiliation to be able to handle the mess this brings up.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

There is and always has been a hatred against the transgender community. They are a wonderful group of people who want nothing more than acceptance, yet for some reason the right cannot accept them as they are. I will proudly stand by and support them.

That has more to do with religious philosophies more then anything else. Same goes for the Gays and Lesbians. if people really wanted to create a better world, then they would get rid of monotheistic religious. Since people don't want to do that, then hating people that want to be squirrels will exist. It's sad but true.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The government should have no place making biological decisions. If they cannot be trusted to handle our budget and infrastructure, why would they have credence in a subject most of those old windbags hardly understand?

Eventually quite a few transgender people change their gender marker so they are legally the gender they wish to be. You cannot just decide one day to act as the opposite sex to get some sort of benefit. Their legal id card holds their birth gender until they change their marker.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As long as they do not force me to be idiotic
with them... through censorship,group think, and
political correctness, I agree with your statement.

Live and Let Live

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The government should have no place making biological decisions. If they cannot be trusted to handle our budget and infrastructure, why would they have credence in a subject most of those old windbags hardly understand?

Eventually quite a few transgender people change their gender marker so they are legally the gender they wish to be. You cannot just decide one day to act as the opposite sex to get some sort of benefit. Their legal id card holds their birth gender until they change their marker.

They arent deciding they just only recognized the 2 scientific proven genetic markers male or female, this doesnt stop an individual from living however they choose.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You realize that the government isn't the one making the genetic decision about you? All this would be doing is having you list that you have either male genes or female genes in your chromosomes. It would be that genetic marker that would identify you as either biologically male or female. You can still live want ever lifestyle you want, it's just that you would have to list yourself as either biologically male or female.

***NOT TO YOU DIRECTLY, BUT RATHER JUST A QUESTION***

Why is that so hard to understand? This need to have your genetic gender listed is important for medical purposes as well as for census data.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Where is there hatred from the President on this issue?
He merely needs to clear things up with a couple simple definitions.
Why?
Because people are stupidly confused on this subject.

Seriously, this is not confusing.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: DBCowboy

As long as they do not force me to be idiotic
with them... through censorship,group think, and
political correctness, I agree with your statement.

Live and Let Live

As do I.

But, you cannot wrestle a girl if you are a male.
And you cannot go into the girls bathroom if you are a male.

Then we are good.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Whatever. I support their right to choose to do whatever they want. As long as it doesn't affect me and mine. In many cases it does, and thus some boundaries must be placed.

The group think on this is amazing. Ten years ago even Obama and Clinton would have nothing to do with this issue.
This wasn't a Majority issue until the Minority forced it to be. Just remember that one. They forced the issue.

I really wonder if having sex with a child is next on the LEFT's agenda to try and legalize. Then I wonder if it will be debated on this site by those defending people's freedom to be what they want to be. Having zero care in the world how it affects others.

This issue does affect others, and not only the Minority of Transgenders. Once you understand this, you will understand why we have a right to be excluded from it.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Very well written and astute post....

and its hard to miss the irony of the movie title Freddie got fingered

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Very well written and astute post....

and its hard to miss the irony of the movie title Freddie got fingered

Arigato Gozaimasu!