It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, some semblance of sanity and common sense.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

The people who are leading the left are a Psychiatrist's worse fear come true. Hysteria on an epic scale, spread by insane ideaology with a megaphone. Totally Devistating Situation.
edit on 21-10-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Good point.

I also pointed out the hypocrisy of the LEFT and MSM in criticizing Michael Jackson. He wanted to be white. And they hated him for it. But if he wants to be a girl, well that is hallowed ground and cannot be criticized.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: rickymouse

People are often idiots.

But they should be free to be as idiotic as they want.

As long as those idiots do not start slamming us because we do not talk politically correct. As long as our health insurance costs are not raised because of their expensive procedures, health insurance is way too expensive already.

There are doctors who do write diagnoses so people can get their insurances to cover medicines that should not be covered and also their office visits are covered that way too. The patient is happy, they do not complain when they got the insurance company to pay for their botox or part of their sex change.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

I dont see why the government HAS to do that though.

Do you?

What purpose does it serve?

Well, tell me where the leadership is on this issue?

Normally I would agree they don't need to do this. But, there are some legal aspects that make this insane issue in need of resolve. The two I can immediately think of is Bathrooms and Wrestling. Stuff got out of hand quick.

I personally think Trump see's this two-pronged. It is necessary to do, and it will be a winning issue for the GOP. The latter diminishes credibility unfortunately. But this is needed. An adult leader needs to say, for the world, enough is enough. So I am glad in that sense.

Well if you don’t like it then don’t participate...simple as that
And the bathroom thing is just stupid if you ask me. If a chick went through the procedure to be a dude and was at the urinal next to me, then so what doesn’t;t bother me in any way at all. Same goes for that scenario going the other way.
DBcowboy is completely correct to criticize this decision.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I strongly support the right of schizophrenics to use the carpool lane even though some narrow-minded, ignorant people may perceive them to be driving alone.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The issues you just mentioned are solely on the insurance companies. Only in America do these type or most procedures cost this much. Same goes with medication. Maybe this topic can be saved for another thread though.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Do you?

Normally I would agree they don't need to do this. But, there are some legal aspects that make this insane issue in need of resolve. The two I can immediately think of is Bathrooms and Wrestling. Stuff got out of hand quick.

I personally think Trump see's this two-pronged. It is necessary to do, and it will be a winning issue for the GOP. The latter diminishes credibility unfortunately. But this is needed. An adult leader needs to say, for the world, enough is enough. So I am glad in that sense.

And the bathroom thing is just stupid if you ask me. If a chick went through the procedure to be a dude and was at the urinal next to me, then so what doesn’t;t bother me in any way at all. Same goes for that scenario going the other way.

Not all have had surgery. They can just claim to be a woman and waltz in.
Also, why would you reference someone else's criticism? (When I don't think he did.) That is beyond weird.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I strongly support the right of schizophrenics to use the carpool lane even though some narrow-minded, ignorant people may perceive them to be driving alone.

You mean they can't use it? Hey, multiple personalities means they are not alone. Maybe they need a special license plate that says they can use that lane.
I am sure the government will give you a special plate if you sign away your right to own a gun.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: sooth

You mean they can't use it? Hey, multiple personalities means they are not alone. Maybe they need a special license plate that says they can use that lane.
I am sure the government will give you a special plate if you sign away your right to own a gun.

Imagine if that issue got so out of hand the President had to spell it out for the nation.
That is where we are!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Do you?

To set standards for discrimination lawsuits.

Just because Johnny feels like a girl he thinks he can use the womens restroom and if the establishment denies them the use of the 'ladies' room, lawsuit for discrimination.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It is not “beyond weird”. Your reply that I quoted was a reply to DB.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Do you?

Leadership are usually cowards on this issue.

Bathrooms? Who cares what someone is while doing a deuce!

Sports? Who cares. I think separating sports by gender is sexist. And all the left-leaning people will back me up on this, amirite?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What does this change though?

These people are going to claim they are whatever gender no matter what the government/president says.

I'm all for liberty, these people can go crazy with altercations if they pay for it and are productive members of society.

At the end of the day, they are such a small part of the population, it's a moot point for everyone to put such a strong focus on this issue, IMO.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Do you?

You know the buffalo wild wings by galleria mall? I bartended there about 15 years ago, and this exact issue came up. One of the regulars there was a male to female transgender, and a really nice person at that. Older, I'd say mid 50's and came in with her wife at least once a week, usually 2-3 times. They would come and sit at the bar and play trivia for a few hours, have a few drinks, then head out. She would use the ladies room, and while I don't have an issue with it, several of the other regulars at the bar did.

BWW wouldn't say or do anything to her in fear of a lawsuit. What ended up happening is the regulars that were uncomfortable stopped coming in, costing the restaurant to lose business.

Then, on one of my days off, they were there doing their usual thing, she went to the bathroom, and was followed in by someone who then proceeded to assault her. Apparently it was really bad, she went to the hospital, he went to jail. After that they never came in again.

It is a touchy subject, and while you and I might be comfortable with it and have no issues, others do. For that reason, a precedent should be set.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Not all have had surgery. They can just claim to be a woman and waltz in.

For the most part people could have done that forever. If a guy shaves, puts on some makeup and wears a wig, who's going to stop him?

Making laws may mitigate some situations like workplace, but if people want to break the laws, they will. Ask Chicago how their gun laws are doing.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Do you?

Leadership are usually cowards on this issue.

Bathrooms? Who cares what someone is while doing a deuce!

Sports? Who cares. I think separating sports by gender is sexist. And all the left-leaning people will back me up on this, amirite?

The leadership vacuum on this issue is why President Trump is basically forced to make the decree.

As far s bathrooms and sports, finally we disagree on something.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I was there just the other day for a drink. I like that location actually.
That situation is a bad one and one that could be prevented in any number of ways. Honestly should have been done around the civil rights movement. Then others wouldn’t be so bothered that they use violence. But I still don’t want the government meddling in this manner. I don’t have the solution I just know how I and most feel.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

As far s bathrooms and sports, finally we disagree on something.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Do you?

You know the buffalo wild wings by galleria mall? I bartended there about 15 years ago, and this exact issue came up. One of the regulars there was a male to female transgender, and a really nice person at that. Older, I'd say mid 50's and came in with her wife at least once a week, usually 2-3 times. They would come and sit at the bar and play trivia for a few hours, have a few drinks, then head out. She would use the ladies room, and while I don't have an issue with it, several of the other regulars at the bar did.

BWW wouldn't say or do anything to her in fear of a lawsuit. What ended up happening is the regulars that were uncomfortable stopped coming in, costing the restaurant to lose business.

Then, on one of my days off, they were there doing their usual thing, she went to the bathroom, and was followed in by someone who then proceeded to assault her. Apparently it was really bad, she went to the hospital, he went to jail. After that they never came in again.

It is a touchy subject, and while you and I might be comfortable with it and have no issues, others do. For that reason, a precedent should be set.

An unfortunate but good example of why an adult needs to tell the children how to behave.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have to go against Trump on this one.

Now I will say that personally, I don't get the transgender thing. It doesn't make sense to me. But, neither does jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, even though I know people who enjoy doing so. Just because I don't get something, it does not follow that others shouldn't do it.

I do get some things, though. I know that a transgender person has to undergo a lot of hormone therapy, during which time they feel and act more like the gender they are aiming to be instead of the gender they are. Then there's a series of operations, culminating with changing over the naughty bits. OK. Once those bits are changed over, the person is a different gender than they were born with. At that point, what's on their birth certificate shouldn't matter. If you need to sit down to pee, you're a woman. If not, you're a man. It's not something that needs an official verification.

So far as who can use what bathroom... look, those laws are for the safety of others (primarily women). Stalkers can and do occasionally try to hang out in the ladies' room to catch a peek, and most men just feel uncomfortable doing their business around women. So if you're a guy who is "in process" and you are dressed up like a woman... use some common sense and go into the women's room and use a stall. Don't advertise it! Just do it! If you're a girl and you're dressed as a guy, do the same thing in the men's room. I promise you, this old redneck will not be checking to see if you can be there.

The real problem is there are people who want to advertise things others don't need to know about. Stop it! I don't care about your "rights" when I need to take a leak. Screaming at me or passing a silly law isn't going to change that, either.

Military: here I can see Trump's position. Those operations are extensive, time-consuming, and expensive. Even ignoring the potential morale issues, just the cost, both in dollars and in lost time, is prohibitive to a ready military.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join