It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, some semblance of sanity and common sense.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
AOL NEWS
USA TODAY

You are what you are.
You are not what you tell yourself, and unfortunately you are not what you tell other people either.

I was never an Olympic Champion in Wrestling. So it would be a lie to tell people that I was a Gold Medalist in the Olympics. It would also be a lie to say I am a female, when in fact I am a male. Even if I surgically alter myself and take hormone therapy, I am still a man.

The LEFT criticized Michael Jackson for changing his skin color from black to white. But, the LEFT finds it egregious to criticize Caitlyn Jenner for trying to change his sex from male to female?

It seems simple enough a 3-year-old can understand. A black man is a black man. And a woman is a woman. OR, a white woman is a white woman, or a man is a man. You are how God made you. Or, if you don't want to accept that; You are what Nature made you.

I know people, at work, who walk around saying that anyone who voted for Trump is an evil racist sexist and should be fired and castrated from society. I do not engage in conversation on the topic with them. And yes, they are allowed to spew such hateful insanity. It is a huge looming question in my mind, WHY?

Rush Limbaugh never seemed very intelligent to me. I always thought he was a hard line staunch conservative supporter whether his side was right or wrong. But he has hit the nail on the head IMO.

Limbaugh has the pulse on this

The left has embraced insanity. The above attached video is a really good watch/listen, if you are so inclined.
Rush Limbaugh - "The objective of the democratic party, solving all of these Disparate separate psychological disorders."

I do not condone, IN ANY WAY, the harassment of people who are confused. But, criticism is fair game. Where is the line? lol. Go ask the LEFT where the line is between criticism and harassment.

Thank God we have a leader that stands up in the face of mass hysteria and insanity and attempts to bring a semblance of sanity and common sense.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a rose by any other name....

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you've gotten hooked on the "flavor of the week" propaganda the media is pushing at the moment.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it funny that those that pray to a god are the most vile bigoted scumbags on the planet?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Funny, this bigotry is right on time, as it hasn't been the topic in some odd weeks. Thanks orange troll in charge.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

In a free society, we should be free to be who we want to be as long as it never infringes on the rights of others.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People are getting impossible to satisfy, they are not satisfied with the sex they were born so they change it. They are not happy with their looks so they opt to deceive others by getting plastic surgery and botox treatments. Or they aren't satisfied with their breast size so they change it with silicone implants.

We have a screwed up society, When people are more concerned about things they want than things they really need, then things start falling apart. Most people now believe they need things they really do not need. No matter how much money you make, if you blow it all on things you do not need, you wind up broke.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In a free society, we should be free to be who we want to be as long as it never infringes on the rights of others.

So, where did we disagree?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Does anyone else find it funny that those that pray to a god are the most vile bigoted scumbags on the planet?

This is exactly what I reference in my OP.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
People are getting impossible to satisfy, they are not satisfied with the sex they were born so they change it. They are not happy with their looks so they opt to deceive others by getting plastic surgery and botox treatments. Or they aren't satisfied with their breast size so they change it with silicone implants.

We have a screwed up society, When people are more concerned about things they want than things they really need, then things start falling apart. Most people now believe they need things they really do not need. No matter how much money you make, if you blow it all on things you do not need, you wind up broke.

True. Very weird times we live in.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Guess we're not, not out to disagree so much as I am stating what a free society should lean towards.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

People are often idiots.

But they should be free to be as idiotic as they want.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The Democrats who are attuned to how life SHOULD BE are leaving the party. The ones remaining keep getting louder and more illogical in what they are demanding. It's fascinating to watch, in real time, like we are now.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree with you. As I stated in my OP, maybe I should have been more clear, I am against harassment of any kind. But criticism is fair game. The line gets fuzzy there, and is where civility and decency should reign.

And, if the government must delineate what is male and female, they should have the simplest standards. The genitalia you are born with is what designates your bathroom, is what designates your sports wrestling or boxing gender, etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I dont see why the government HAS to do that though.

Do you?

What purpose does it serve?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do you really think the Dems wanting to bail will go to the Trump side now that a passionate issue is being attacked by him?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Democrats who are attuned to how life SHOULD BE are leaving the party. The ones remaining keep getting louder and more illogical in what they are demanding. It's fascinating to watch, in real time, like we are now.

Is too bad really. They are alienating a lot of people, myself included.

If we are to have a two party system, both should have a center. It's unfortunate to see Joe Biden sucking up to the far left when his career in the Senate was staunchly against this type of venom.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

People are often idiots.

But they should be free to be as idiotic as they want.

I know a guy who is going through a sex change. It is very expensive, he spent quite a bit so far and is now getting food stams and medical assistance through medicaid. Even though they will not pay for the treatments, the cost of the medical to do it is deductible from his earnings since it is a medical treatment. He probably would not qualify for medicaid if the procedure was not considered as a deduction. His income would be too high as a single guy/girl.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think a mixture of Aleister Crowley's "Do what thou wilt" and Ayn Rand's "you are what you are" philosophies should be considered by people these days.

On one hand we should have the "Do what thou wilt" mentality, but along with that people should also be aware that they are needing to take responsibility for what they do.

With the other hand people should understand the "You are what you are" concept, and not overreach themselves into depression.

A person can no longer be a squirrel anymore then they can truly be a sex that they are not, but people can live a squirrel life just as easily as they can choose to pretend to be a sex that is different then the one they are. People just need to understand that by pretending to be something that they are not, they are also accepting the limitations of not being what they are. This is where the failings happened.

Today we have people running around pretending to be squirrels and such, and when having to face the truth that they can never truly be a squirrel and such, they lash out and blame the world for not understanding what a squirrel and such things mean. In reality it is the pretend squirrels and such that don't understand what it means to be something, and what it means to be pretending to be something.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I dont see why the government HAS to do that though.

Do you?

What purpose does it serve?

Well, tell me where the leadership is on this issue?

Normally I would agree they don't need to do this. But, there are some legal aspects that make this insane issue in need of resolve. The two I can immediately think of is Bathrooms and Wrestling. Stuff got out of hand quick.

I personally think Trump see's this two-pronged. It is necessary to do, and it will be a winning issue for the GOP. The latter diminishes credibility unfortunately. But this is needed. An adult leader needs to say, for the world, enough is enough. So I am glad in that sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join