It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm in the middle crapping all over everybady.

^_^

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

umm ya... federal documents, like, oh, I don't know passports???

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If epilepsy was a gender matter then yes (but its not so no reason to put it on an ID , BUT Medical ID DO exist).

synesthesia is not about a part of ones identity , but gender is a part of ones identity.
What make a person know they are of a certain gender , independent of the condition of their body and senses ?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Typically, I'm a pretty conservative guy.

I agree with the designation of male or female, and none of this in-between nonsense. HOWEVER, that said, if a guy chooses to go all out and surgically transform to a female, or a gal decides the same, to transform into a male, I'm fine with that being their legal gender as far as identification goes. I mean, knowing a few gals who have become guys, it wasn't like they were ever really gals in their heads anyhow. Now, the outside reflects the inside person.

The other caveat though, is that any who HAVE changed sex, this needs to be communicated to any significant others, and there may be industries where the person may not qualify. For example, sports. In any separate gender sporting event, this needs to go by the BIRTH sex, because there are inherent biological differences that will be unsportsmanlike behavior. Surely, we've all seen where trans men to women simply dominate a female sporting event. This should be pretty damn obvious, but somehow, common sense has disappeared from these arguments.

^^^This.^^^

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

It makes no sense - and is very confusing (possibly even dangerous) - to use anything except legal sex as it pertains to public functions. Imagine if someone incarcerated had prison authorities convinced/fooled that a "she" is a "he." Can you imagine the mortal danger that woman would be in in a male prison in general population? Extreme. Those animals won't care that she believes she's a he, and maybe even convincingly looks like a male too. They won't care

Already happened here in the UK ......

A few weeks ago it was reported that a man in prison claiming to be transgendering

was transferred to a female prison where he assaulted and raped four women inmates.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: CADpro

That's just because you're a horrible person.

people with values different from your own are horrible people?
very nice
and we continue to wonder where the "civility" has gone.......

There is nothing civil about saying that someone is a sick perverted mental case. That is an insult.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

In a sense, I'd hope you might be right, that you might prevail.

But truly the "America" you long for has long sense ceased to exist. You and those like you really don't quite understand the "long game" and its implications. You underestimate the depths of hatred and loathing your enemies have for you, particularly if you're a "white" "patriot". Further, you are apparently entirely oblivious to the "culture" shift away from any understanding and/or respect for the basic principles that were the foundations of the Republic.

What does that culture shift mean? Well, for one thing, it means you no longer have "One Nation under God". Your enemies are active atheists hostile to Theism and who abhor the concepts that go along with it. The major consequence of the cultural shift is that your enemies no longer agree with or recognize God given inalienable rights. As for them, Government "grants" rights and then in unequal portion, favoring its supporters with primacy. Thus ends the rule of law.

You win an election here or there, and they you lose and everything lurches violently to the Left and more of your cherished rights are constrained, if not entirely abolished. The biggest problem is that apparently there's no genuine understanding of the fact that Demographics IS Destiny, even as 7000 more migrants make their way to your borders. Demographics and total control of the Education system and the MSM cements the Leftist secular religion of identity politics and Politically Correct cultural standards. These things are their new foundation from which they continuously launch the long game.

In the final analysis, while the "grow" in numbers, your numbers shrink daily. You're demographic shuffles off its mortal coil while your offspring abandon God and churches and are brainwashed in the Leftist institutes of Education, themselves operating much like centers for brainwashing and reprogramming.

In the meantime, your broken Government runs a deficit near $1 Trillion annually all the while already upside down on its debt. The result will be a brush with debt default that will force panicked Congress to drastically cut spending and that with rising rates will crash your economy. And then will step in...............a Leftist Savior!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: CADpro

That's just because you're a horrible person.

people with values different from your own are horrible people?
very nice
and we continue to wonder where the "civility" has gone.......

There is nothing civil about saying that someone is a sick perverted mental case. That is an insult.

I did not post that there was.
Or am I mistaken?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I would say it's implicit in the fact that you haven't called out the numerous people they have referred to transgenders as mentally ill/sick/etc but felt the need to call out one of the few people calling those people out for their bigotry.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Mental illness is not a smear or insult. To insist that it is undermines the potential treatment of every person suffering depression that is currently afraid to reach out for help.

Im more insulted by the insistence that its an insult, than by anything else said in this thread.

From a clinical point of view, buying into delusions does not help patients.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I had no idea that as recently as June 2018 it ACTUALLY was classified as a mental illness by the WHO.....

The World Health Organization will stop classifying transgender people as mentally ill

Updated 11:39 AM ET, Wed June 20, 2018

The United Nations health agency announced Monday in its 11th International Classification of Diseases (ICD) catalog that "gender incongruence" -- the organization's term for people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were assigned at birth -- has been moved out of the mental disorders chapter and into the organization's sexual health chapter. The change will be presented at the World Health Assembly, the WHO's legislative body, in 2019 and will go into effect on January 1, 2022.

You will surely understand any confusion on the subject as the change will not even go into effect until 2022?

So no, it is no way "implicit" in any fact calling anyone out for what was legitimately listed by the WHO as a mental illness/sickness/ect.
How is it bigotry if the WHO listed it as a mental illness????

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So much ignorance in this thread.

And at one time seizures were being possessed by the Devil.

Science is now understanding that the brain has more to do with who we are then any "physical roadmap".

We are so going backwards. Thanks Trump

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The WHO bases their diagnoses off of the ICD. Here in the US we use the DSM.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Being deliberately insulting makes one a horrible person, or at least a very not nice person.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree that it shouldn't be. But there is still so much stigma surrounding the diagnosis. And that stigma is coming through very clear in this thread.

Even then, transgenderism is not categorized as a mental illness. So the prejudice comes across even more.

link   

The WHO bases their diagnoses off of the ICD. Here in the US we use the DSM.

So you deny any confusion on the subject?
Do you feel the same way about other international organizations? The UN for example?

Regardless, calling someone a horrible person for nothing other than beliefs other than your own is still an exercise of incivility.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Mental illness is not a smear or insult.

It is, if you are called “sick and perverted”. THAT’S the kind of talk that causes young people who suffer from gender dysphoria to think about suicide.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Being deliberately insulting makes one a horrible person, or at least a very not nice person.

Thank your for your assessment, I think. I didn't call anyone horrible.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You’re so right, Annee. We’re going back to the 1950’s, I fear. Where women and blacks are supposed to know their place, gays go back into the closet, and no one is supposed to know that transgender people exist, and if they do, they’re sent to the mental wards.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

what about people who are actually grossed out by it? Do their feelings not matter?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join