It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't see what is so malicious about defining someone's gender based on their genetics and genitalia.

From a medical and emergency standpoint it makes sense. Kinda hard to identify someone who can change their identity at a whim. Their birth certificate says white male. Their driver's licenses has them listed an Asian woman. Death certificate says "attack helicopter" unable to resuscitate due to lack of certified mechanics.

Everyone should be allowed to be themself sure. I'll call you whatever you want. But when it gets to the point where it prevents others from functioning and playing their part in society is when we need to dial it back.

I believe this will continue till we see a transgender beats a women within an inch of death in the ring somewhere before people look at this rationally.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

a reply to: soberbacchus
How many damn times do I have to post this?

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
JBurns
transgender is a psychiatric condition , they have a different brain. Its not psychological. Same as epilepsy or alzheimer or Multiple Sclerosis.

The solution is to have transgender in their ID.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude1

But they don't want that

They want to be fully realized as the sex they are pretending to be.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What was good is now BAD. What was bad is now GOOD.

In my opinion, lbtxyz's/tran's have a very sick perverted mental condition. That's just what I believe and nothing will change that.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
JBurns medical reason seems reasonable , so same other additional identification.

sex they are pretending to be

Gender. and what makes you think they are pretending ? Are epileptic or alzheimer and Multiple Sclerosis sufferer , pretending ?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dude1

It's more like synesthesia. There's a quirk in the brain's structure that results in them perceiving life in a different way but it's not negative or positive.

So should we start making policies that essentially give the message that the life as perceived by synaesthetics is worthless?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dude1

Don't ask stupid questions.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

That's just because you're a horrible person.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude1
JBurns
transgender is a psychiatric condition , they have a different brain. Its not psychological. Same as epilepsy or alzheimer or Multiple Sclerosis.

So should people who have epilepsy have their gender recorded as epileptic?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

people with values different from your own are horrible people?
very nice
and we continue to wonder where the "civility" has gone.......

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Duh. How is something so straight forward even debatable?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

That is a ridiculously unfair statement. Its the very definition of myopic, basing the viewpoint of a full person on the narrow view you recieve.

I think the more important thing to consider is that this is just for paperwork. Demographics. I still don't see the wailing and gnashing of teeth at latino's being lumped in with "caucasian", despite it skewing prison statistics and hiding the very racist nature of how we imprison our population.

Side note: any verification that Trump has said anything about this? Or is it still #sourcessay?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's okay to dehumanize someone if they don't agree with you.

^_^

but then go around with some pseudo morals for ultimate lulz.
edit on 22-10-2018 by Lysergic because: heeeeeeeeeeeelarryous

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In the US we have HIPPA. Placing information about the mental health of someone on their ID may violate HIPPA, unless it is voluntary.

Your intuition is right: its a terrible idea.

At the end of it all i just don't get why public validation is necessary for someone to be happy. Put on that dress. Don that lipstick. Make yourself happy.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Put on that dress. Don that lipstick. Make yourself happy.

I've given you-know-who the same advice for years now, but does he listen? No. Maybe coming from a Mod he'll take it a bit more seriously.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
What if we just don't want to wait in line for the other bathroom? Is that a good enough reason to use the other sex's wash room?

It's a problem?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

no but, considering occasionally we have babies born with the organs of both male and female...
I really think we need some exceptions to this rule..

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Call a bigot a horrible person and ATS cries. Call everyone on the Left horrible names get a hundred stars.

Remind me again how ATS persecutes people on the Right while I'm personally ruining the civility of the site.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: shawmanfromny

no but, considering occasionally we have babies born with the organs of both male and female...
I really think we need some exceptions to this rule..

For a federal document? Why does census data, etc, need to be granularized to include all potential medical issues?

We aren't talking about informing the world how you want to be perceived...its a federal form that just needs to check a box for the sake of stuff like census data.

There are exceptions to any rule. If we are going to drive ourselves nuts trying to account for every outlier...

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join