It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I can still be trans-racial right?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty open minded and believe each person should be able to live out their life as they choose as long as it does not impinge on another's rights; and that includes that person should be able to express their sexuality as they feel and choose. However, it really makes no sense from a legal perspective that a person can claim on a form of ID, for example, they are neither male or female. Generally speaking, that is the natural order of species, including homo sapiens. Pick one.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You live a rich and full fantasy life!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I can still be trans-racial right?

This is america.
You can be whatever you like.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I want to be a dinosaur.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Gender is a sociology term relating to the sex a person identifies as. Sex is the biological term

yes and people with a severe mental disorder identify as the opposite sex.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Good. From a scientific and legal standpoint, you are indeed the sex/gender (same thing) you are born with. That doesn't change merely because we will it too - our bodies are no more "democratic" than our Constitutional Republic

That said, if individuals want to call themselves another gender they are free to do so. No one is disparaging them or denying them their rights. You have the right to call yourself a different gender/sex. You do not have the right to force others to recognize your assertion/belief.

It makes no sense - and is very confusing (possibly even dangerous) - to use anything except legal sex as it pertains to public functions. Imagine if someone incarcerated had prison authorities convinced/fooled that a "she" is a "he." Can you imagine the mortal danger that woman would be in in a male prison in general population? Extreme. Those animals won't care that she believes she's a he, and maybe even convincingly looks like a male too. They won't care

Same for medical purposes. This whole transgender nonsense is trying to push the false belief that men and women are absolutely equal in 100% of things. We are equal under the law. We have equal value, equal worth. We are equally capable of intelligence. But men and women have differences, we are not interchangeable. There are some activities men do better than women. There are some activities women do better than men. Point it, trying to pretend they are "fluid" and interchangeable isn't doing these people any favors

Treat them as transgender if you want. Use their selected nouns if you are comfortable doing so, and don't use them if you are not comfortable doing so. I have no problem respecting other people, but that respect ends when they ask - nay, demand - that we permit them to falsely swear to alternative facts with no demonstrated/reproducible basis in science. All they have to do to "prove" transgenderism is demonstrate some change that takes place outside of that person's brain. Because mental changes only sound like a psychiatric condition (as it was considered for years, before the PC puss') whereas showing physical natural bodily changes may lend credibility to their "fluidity" theory (those not induced by dangerous chemicals/hormones AKA artificial process not natural)

Again none of which is to discourage Americans from doing as they see fit. Just 1) Don't expect others to go along with it (unless they want to) and 2) Don't expect the public/government (same thing) to go along with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I want to be a dinosaur.

The local halloween "spirit store" had those raptor costumes on sale for $80us the other day.
They were the really cool inflatable ones.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

A ton of people do but that's called fraud and if caught you will be forced to pay back money and probably face jail time. This would be like me trying to claim I was a kryptonian and trying to stop bullets with my body or jump off a high structure because kryptonian can fly it would end badly.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

In what some describe as a sensible return to common-sense policies, the Trump administration has reportedly proposed redefining gender/sex as an immutable condition that cannot be altered by whim.

If we had a legal argument over the definition of "is" at the highest level, "whim" will make the shtf.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Velociraptor? those are 4 midgets.

They are like the size of a chicken.

Deinonychus on the other hand...

But lets be real

I'm more of a Yutyrannus kinda reptile, ya know, T-rexxing it with a feather coat very pimpish.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I won't know which bathroom to use anymore

I have a pingas but all the bathrooms say gender neutral

I'm so confused now!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What if we just don't want to wait in line for the other bathroom? Is that a good enough reason to use the other sex's wash room?

Since they say gender is fluid, I wonder how fluid? Can one switch back and forth at will? Multiple times in a week? How about a day?

What are the rules can someone tell me the rules. I never got my copy

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Velociraptor? those are 4 midgets.

They are like the size of a chicken.

Deinonychus on the other hand...

But lets be real

I'm more of a Yutyrannus kinda reptile, ya know, T-rexxing it with a feather coat very pimpish.

That is full of style.
And as a bonus you would be safe no matter where you chose to relieve yourself.
NOBODY would mess with a fuzzy trex.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

All mental disorders are defined by common criteria. Specifically they are either A.) behaviors that present a threat to the person suffering from them or those around them; or B.) they are behaviors that prevent the person from living the life they want to live.

Transgenderism definitely does not meet the first criteria. The second criteria is also not really applicable because it is not the behavior itself that could be causing issues in a person's life. It is the views of society. When a person is depressed their life is not impacted by society's views on depression. It's just impacted by the depression. That's not the case with transgenderism.

So as much as you and others on this site may want to argue the mental illness angle as an excuse to persecute others, being transgender does not meet even the minimum criteria to be categorized as a mental illness.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: one4all

You live a rich and full fantasy life!

Can't speak to that assertion of yours (which you didn't back up with evidence, nor did you refute his claims) but I can say that one4all is spot on.

We are taking our country back. This is our birthright. Liberty, Freedom and Republicanism is our natural state - the way we are born into this World before the tyranny of government and bureaucracy can start whittling away at the whole person.

TPTB don't like whole people. They especially don't like Citizens. They like their civil subjects obedient, non-thinking and submissive/permissive. Well we Americans are waking up/have woken up and we are not obedient. We are thinking critically and speaking loudly. And we have shaken the chains of permissiveness and complacency and traded them for patriotism, vigor and determination.

America will prevail because we the Patriots will prevail.
edit on 10/22/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I took one of these online "tests" that determine your brain's thinking sex.
My results said that I think 100% like a man and I am a woman!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

We are taking our country back. This is our birthright.

Taking it back indeed!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

How doesn't it present a threat? If you're unconscious as a female but have "male" on your driver license, the hospital will treat you improperly as a male and render less than appropriate care. A unresponsive female having a pregnancy related emergency (sometimes they happen before they are "showing") would likely be missed by ER staff who assume they are male because their damn legally issued ID says so

And it has nothing to do with persecution. Many have said it and I'll say it again - do what you want. Call yourself what you want. Feel free to share your preferences with others. But don't expect for one second that others will be forced into recognizing your own beliefs (especially not through the legal system, like those crack heads in the UK/elsewhere do with "hate speech")

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join