It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We need a return to reality. I agree with President Trump

a side... I'm just waiting for a Nov 6th landslide

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I never said that sociology was a hard science. I said that gender was a term used by sociologists. By claiming gender only applies to a person's biological sex, the Trump administration is actually going against the operative definition of gender.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Fine..so a society, group or person can acknowledge a person who thinks they're a different gender. That should not mean you deny the science/biological fact that they're born either a man or a woman. Nor do you make an effort to normalize this by changing traditional norms, like re-labeling bathrooms, allowing men to compete with women(or vice versa) in athletics, or allow them to sit in "drag" before impressionable young children and read them a book called “Jacob's New Dress.”

edit on 10/21/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The thing is that even at a biological level sex is more complex than just male and female. For example look at androgen insensitivity syndrome. At a genetic level these people are male but due to a resistance to male hormones they appear to be female. Technically under the new guidelines they would be required to use male facilities even though all of their physical traits are female.

Does this actually sound like a reasonable policy?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I never said that sociology was a hard science. I said that gender was a term used by sociologists. By claiming gender only applies to a person's biological sex, the Trump administration is actually going against the operative definition of gender.

It only makes perfect sense (to anyone with a rational mind) that gender, in relation to law/keeping order, is defined by scientific/biological means and not subjective feelings which can change on a whim.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think I get your point.

Trump = bad.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The thing is that even at a biological level sex is more complex than just male and female. For example look at androgen insensitivity syndrome.At a genetic level these people are male but due to a resistance to male hormones they appear to be female. Technically under the new guidelines they would be required to use male facilities even though all of their physical traits are female.

Does this actually sound like a reasonable policy?

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

Just sayin'

Also those individuals would actually have an advantage and be able to choose their gender at that point. They are born with a vagina, so they are classified as a female at birth. If later in life they feel like a male, they have the genetics to back up their claim.
edit on 21-10-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The thing is that even at a biological level sex is more complex than just male and female

Not it isn't.

It don't get any simplier.

When a man and woman love each other.............. Out pops a kid.

The entire reason there is 7 billion people on this planet.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The big spammer to this argument will be if science manages to create an artificial womb. Biological woman would become defunct then as a transgender woman. That hasn't happened yet and may never happen but something to keep in mind. For now real woman still hold the high ground and the transgendered woman must live in the shadows.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They're going against Obama's ridiculous mistake of allowing a person to choose what "gender" they feel like and implementing changes in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing this. Policies are being based on "gender" instead of "sex," which is a biological science fact. This is the way things in the real world should be. I'm sorry that you don't believe in that concept, now excuse me, because I identify as a 1 year boy and it's time for me to get my diaper changed.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Is this called affirmative action...is this a critical step in re-taking rebuilding and redefining and then having the world reidentifying with the true America....have small special interest groups been used in many ways as disruptive tools which reach to the very legal system and heart of America to undermine the societal structure the vast overwhelming majority agree upon above and beyond political affiliations....have these groups been funded supported and artificially promoted to the degree that optimal maximum erosion of the majorities agreed upon reality occurs?...in other words has someone duped US ALL..someone or group who is trying to weaken America and OTHER COUNTRIES AS WELL ...I do believe this is what happened and that Trump and Friends are very very astute and intelligent and able...and that what they are doing is simply following the TRUE PULSE OF AMERICA and in doing this they are rooting out all of the rotten Apples one by one by one by one.March on good soldiers march on...another waypoint reached it seems.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Biological sex is defined by the sex chromosomes. Men are XY and women are XX. So then how do you categorize someone with Turner's syndrome where they only possess a single X chromosome. Or what about someone with trisomy X where they possess three X chromosomes.

There are a number of sex chromosome disorders that don't adhere to the standard XX/XY paradigm. Then beyond that you have things like the previously mentioned AIS where a person has XY chromosomes but physically appear to be female.

How do all of these things fit into this administration's very narrow definition of gender?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The law hopefully will clean up Hollywood. There has been an emmergence in last 30 years of actors who portray to their audience a gender which is not their real biological gender.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

...and there are people who are born male, who have large breasts and women who have facial hair. So, your point is exactly what? That because of a rare abnormality, we have to force pseudo science down the throats of American people?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Alright then.

IF a transgender can never get breast cancer or ovarian cancer, or give birth.(Without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on Frankenstein Science) ?

WHAT SEX are they?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Watch this poster pull another case of a rare disorder, or syndrome to justify their point. It's like talking to someone so set in their ways that they refuse to listen to the truth....just like most members of the Left.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

C'mon everyone knows that's a man, but today we need to refer to him as a "Cisgender."

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

First of all, genitalia is changeable. People have sex change surgeries all the time.

Second, why on earth should/would the government get involved in the genetic testing of anyone? To see what prison they should go to, is one reason. So, the Trump administration wants to incarcerate transgender women with men and vice versa. Do I have to explain what protections transgender people lose in a prison scenario.

Another reason for the government to test the chromosomal makeup of an individual would be for military service. We know that Trump is in the midst of a battle with the Pentagon on this issue. So, we can see this as a "reach around" the law protecting transgender service men and women. Another reason to test an individual could be an HR complaint about bathroom use, or workplace bullying of transgender people, refusing to refer to them as "he" or "she", outing them and attempting to publicly shame them for being transgender. There goes any hint of privacy protections for transgender.

If there is no government recognition of transgender people, government contractors and offices would be able refuse to hire or be able to fire a person simply for being transgender. Government housing assistance and loans could be denied. Medicare and Medicaid could refuse to cover transgender needs or complications. Transgender people could be refused unemployment benefits, if they were fired for being transgender. They could be denied food stamps and public assistance.
edit on 21-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Second, why on earth should/would the government get involved in the genetic testing of anyone?

It was good enough for Pocahantus. So it's good enough for them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join