It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Nobody is suggesting it is a "one-off story" but its certainly a complex issue with multiple trains of thought on the matter.

Human rights are a given but this is about fudging the lines between gender, a gender that you are born with no less.

Guess biology can be a cruel mistress for some.

Glad your friend is on the road to recovery.
edit on 25-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So much ignorance in this thread.

And at one time seizures were being possessed by the Devil.

Science is now understanding that the brain has more to do with who we are then any "physical roadmap".

We are so going backwards. Thanks Trump

Whatever is going on with the so-called transgenders, the ones who do NOT have any of the chromosomes they identify does not seem to be working..the large majority are sick beyond belief, i think the transgender movement as a whole is a flawed group marching for rights and it has done nothing to solve the instability these people feel.

Your movement is akin to a religion trying to fill the emptiness in someones life..just does not work all the time...and never fully does.

Allowing whatever medications and theories of these maniac doctors is a crime.

Whatever way you think things should be going is clearly being handled badly up top on YOUR SIDE...but your so busy trying to get us to accept the unproven and damaging treatments, we do not need that.

Find the real source of these issues...just like cancer it is covered up and blocked and easy answers given to the maniacally unbalanced and now forced upon all just to see how insane things can REALLY GET.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Annee

You’re so right, Annee. We’re going back to the 1950’s, I fear. Where women and blacks are supposed to know their place, gays go back into the closet, and no one is supposed to know that transgender people exist, and if they do, they’re sent to the mental wards.

Someone shoulda told you not to put hijack the rainbow from us..not to shove gays and trannies on every tvshow literally by law..forcing schools and teachers to teach babies how great drag queens are.

Telling us all how great everything gay is and how wrong nuclear families are...destroying all sorts of lives with propaganda alone..

Attacking every single thing people loved and making them believe they are responsible for all the evil in the world.

Turning all our universities into skinny jeans metrosexual men that wear womens toques, who should hate themselves for being born straight and wanting to take revenge on us who have done nothing to any of you.

You lot have become an extremely poisonous bunch and never even noticed how meaninglesd and boring your world actually is.

Ever stop and think for a minute that you are falling behind, that evolution itself has been on the move and we want to move along?

Better wake up..those of us who really want to progress now see you as by far the largest problem around..the biggest waste of time are your movements...going backwards indeed...you have no idea at all.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Boy, this thread is missing the MAIN POINT. There are differences between the term "sex" and the term "gender."

"Sex" tends to relate to biological differences. For instance, male and female genitalia, both internal and external are different. Similarly, the levels and types of hormones present in male and female bodies are different.

In some cases, a child is born with a mix between female and male genitalia. They are sometimes termed intersex, and the parents may decide which gender to assign to the child. Intersex individuals account for around 1 in 1,500 births. Some people believe that sex should be considered a continuum rather than two mutually exclusive categories.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

This is what Trump and the Department of Health and Human Services wants...to have only two exclusive categories for the "Sex" of a person. Any abnormality at birth, that results in a problem identifying the sex of a baby, would involve genetic testing. Any personal ID would have either "male" or "female" listed. In no way would this affect, or change how a person feels about their "gender." We shouldn't ID a person based on their "gender" because it's fluid and changes.

“The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence.”

www.nytimes.com...

"Gender refers to the socially constructed characteristics of women and men, such as norms, roles, and relationships of and between groups of women and men. It varies from society to society and can be changed."

Gender roles are not set in stone. In many societies, men are increasingly taking on roles traditionally seen as belonging to women, and women are playing the parts previously assigned mostly to men. Gender roles and gender stereotypes are highly fluid and can shift substantially over time.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

People in America are and will continue to be free to live their lives however they like. If a man wants to live his life as a woman, or vice versa, then fine...so be it. Transgenders won't be "defined out of existence," nor should they ever be discriminated against. We're not talking about changing the way a person "thinks about their gender" or changing how a person dresses or live their lives. We're talking about limiting the term "sex," to either that of a male or female, for ID and medical purposes.

Let us pretend people are "cars" and that they're only two MAKES: FORDs and CHEVYs. Each MAKE has many MODELS that are very popular and great vehicles. There are Mustangs, F-150s, Edges, Corvettes, Camaros, Impalas, Silverados, etc. People are free to be whatever "model" they want and they'd be free to have fun tearing up the roads across America. It doesn't matter if you are a "FORD," but think you're a "Corvette ZR1" or "Camaro." That doesn't change the "MAKE" of car you are, which is listed on the Title.

So, how will Transgender lives be impacted? The fact is...They won't. Transgenders will still exist and be free to live their lives based on the gender role they identify with. It's just that the LGBT community wants to eliminate using the "MAKE" designation for ID purposes and use only the "MODEL" designation. The government wants to simplify this, by reverting back to when a person's sex was grounded in science and not based on gender identity. Even though you were born a "FORD," you still can live your life as a "Corvette ZR1." So, please explain to me, what all the turmoil is about, concerning such a small percentage (less than 2%) of America's population?

You're aware of the science that demonstrates a lot more ambiguity in sex and gender than just male / female, right?

There are impressively large rates estimates for some of this stuff, so it ain't that rare.

Ambiguous genitals - where you can't tell if it's a boy or a girl:
1:4500

Klinefelter syndrome - where males are more feminine (some might grow breasts at puberty)
1:1000

True hermaphrodite
1:20,000

There are others, such as chimeras - who had a sibling in the womb that they absorbed. We have no idea the occurrence rate of that, but it's thought that it might be pretty high in twin / triplet / etc births.

If those estimates are on target for just those three, then there at least 250,000 people in the U.S. who suffer from such conditions - about 0.08% of the population.

Trans folks make up less than 0.5% of the population. Why all the fuss?

Might want to ask yourself who actually made all this fuss.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Trans, female with the ID to prove it and I’ve used at least two public restrooms without incident today #winning. I do what I want with no regard to the ramblings of relics or the authoritarian boot licking rabble. The biggest drawback for me personally on this issue would be not being able to get an updated passport. Having a passport with a gender designation contrary to outward appearance would make traveling abroad very dangerous for the Trans community. Guess I’ll have to wait for a more compassionate administration to come along. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Obama admin wasn't good to you ?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Annee

You’re so right, Annee. We’re going back to the 1950’s, I fear. Where women and blacks are supposed to know their place, gays go back into the closet, and no one is supposed to know that transgender people exist, and if they do, they’re sent to the mental wards.

Someone shoulda told you not to put hijack the rainbow from us..not to shove gays and trannies on every tvshow literally by law..forcing schools and teachers to teach babies how great drag queens are.

My real life experience is having a mother that contracted polio in the '51 epidemic--when I was 5 years old.

The disabled were treated exactly the same way your rant discribes.

We were thrown out of restaurants -- because some customer feared they might catch polio by breathing the same air.

Yes, the Disability Act was shoved down your throat -- forcing you to accommodate the disabled as equals.

And don't bother telling me it's not the same thing.

It is exactly the same thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Ever stop and think for a minute that you are falling behind, that evolution itself has been on the move and we want to move along?

Better wake up..those of us who really want to progress now see you as by far the largest problem around.

Are you advocating genocide?

Sounds like it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Telling us all how great everything gay is and how wrong nuclear families are...destroying all sorts of lives with propaganda alone..

Allowing whatever medications and theories of these maniac doctors is a crime.

You don't see the logic problem here? You complain about transgender people getting the treatment they need and think it's a crime, then in the next you think they're forcing transgender issues down your throat. The authoritarian is you, not them.
edit on 27/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

If he was then he would not be the first.

Humans have been advocating mass genocide towards one another over anthropomorphized invisible men in the sky since time immemorial.

Nobody should be hurt or killed over what they think they are or believe themselves to be, but neither should their delusions be entertained nor catered towards by the masses.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nobody should be hurt or killed over what they think they are or believe themselves to be, but neither should their delusions be entertained nor catered towards by the masses.

Accepting transgender people is not a big ask and treating them as human beings is not "entertaining delusions" nor is allowing them to receive treatment for their bodies. Their bodies do not belong to the masses and do not belong to society.

It's amazing how threatened some people are by 0.5% of the population.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

They can have the same as the rest, no more no less and since technically they are still either male or female no matter the elective surgeries they choose to have they don't require there own darn WC, that's a given.

People are born as they are, deal with it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Keep living your life how you like. I love seeing people living as themselves and happy.

No you don't or you would be leaving us all alone and not forcing us to accept your tranreality

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Trans, female with the ID to prove it and I’ve used at least two public restrooms without incident today #winning. I do what I want with no regard to the ramblings of relics or the authoritarian boot licking rabble. The biggest drawback for me personally on this issue would be not being able to get an updated passport. Having a passport with a gender designation contrary to outward appearance would make traveling abroad very dangerous for the Trans community. Guess I’ll have to wait for a more compassionate administration to come along. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Obama admin wasn't good to you ?

Not sure how you came to that or any of your hateful conclusions but the Obama administration was great for me and my community. I was referring to the current administration which I thought would have been pretty obvious but I’m not really surprised that that went over your head. Speaking of having beliefs forced down your throat, I sure wish these religious fanatics would stop trying to dictate how I live my life based on their imaginary sky-man rules. I sure wish they wouldn’t be enemies of the state and spend countless millions in lobbying payouts to get their garbage dogma codified into law despite the constitution specifically calling for a separation of church and state. I wish the rest of us sane reasonable people didn’t have to be affected negatively by their delusions and antiquated views. Intelligent people do not need laws religious or otherwise to differentiate between right and wrong or an invisible deity to tell them how to be moral and kind to others. That comes naturally to all but the most mentally broken among us 😉.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

Keep living your life how you like. I love seeing people living as themselves and happy.

No you don't or you would be leaving us all alone and not forcing us to accept your tranreality
LEAVE US ALONE!! Stop forcing us to live by YOUR oppressive doctrines and judging us (despite your savior specifically speaking against that as not being your place) and making our lives miserable. I don’t believe in what you believe in so your “rules” DO NOT apply to me so stop trying to force them on me.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Again, you have failed to understand the facts.

This is not about fudging ones gender, this is about society recognising that gender is not binary, that the only reason we have ever regarded it as such is that governance refuses to be as granular as is necessary to accurately record and reflect the nature of the people it presides over, and because science has only been known to anyone other than scientists for a very short amount of time, relative to the length of human history.

Now that we know what the scientists know, that gender is not a binary situation, but instead a spectrum, now that we have access to that data, it is only wilful neglect of the duty that all people have to be as informed as possible, that can ever excuse a refusal to expand ones thinking to include these concepts. Your opinion does not actually make any difference to the realities presented to the population of this planet, about what gender and sex really are. All it can do, is affect whether you, and by extension the people for whom you vote, are going to recognise and accept reality, rather than deny it because you are too limited, or too dogmatic to do so.

The reality is that gender is not an either/or situation, it is not a matter of being either male, or female, and it most certainly is not a matter of outward appearance alone. There is far more to it than that, and the only way to avoid being put right together with the people who think there is a thick, glassy dome over our allegedly flat earth, is to expand your understanding of matters, as science is revealed to you which makes better, and more complex sense of matters as time goes on.

Either that, or you may as well throw up your hands, throw out your shirts and trousers, which were only developed as a result of people understanding their needs and structure better as time wore on, abandon your house, which was constructed according to a proper understanding of material science, engineering and architecture, and go and live naked, in the tree tops. If you value any one of the comforts or trappings of modern life, like medicine, clinical and surgical intervention in matters like heart attacks, treatment of cancer, treatment of viruses and bacterial infections, or broken bones and severed blood vessels, if you value your home, the ability to be clothed against the weather, rather than constantly assaulted by it, if you value the transport systems that we have to reduce the strain on our bodies, if you value the very communications medium that we are using to communicate, then you cannot continue in good faith, to deny those sciences which find results you either do not understand, or disagree with on some philosophical level.

There is no scientific argument supporting your position, only the arguments of those who deny the reality around them, who have abandoned the scientific method, in favour of a return to the era of human thought which came about previous to our understanding that a bone club would extend our reach and increase the impact damage we could do to a foe or a prey animal.

You can make your argument, you can hold your opinion, but you cannot do it and claim to be engaging with reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Do you actually read what you write before you post. Its emotional rants filled with bigotry and curse against innocents.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage I love how you deflect back at me with complete BS and don’t even acknowledge the hypocrisy of your oppressive beliefs. You have no clue as to my emotional state or lack thereof while I type this out. You merely seek to dismiss my opinion by claiming it’s “emotional” so therefore wrong. Dirty, low disingenuous tactic men have been deploying against women all throughout history though I feel it was probably more prevalent during the shift to a patriarchal society.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The reality is that boys are boys and girls are girls.

People wish to attempt an approximation of the other sex, fair play to them, but don't expect to get special treatment.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

and so say all of us!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

THAT IS INACCURATE ACCORDING TO THE VERY SCIENCE YOU WERE TRYING TO FOB OFF AS A COUNTERPOINT EARLIER IN THE THREAD!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join