It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No one wants to refuse anyone medically necessary procedures -- intersex or otherwise. Some folks will refuse to pay for it, but they won't stop anyone getting it on their own dime.

"Corrective" surgery should not be done on minor intersex individuals unless medically necessary/appropriate, and certainly not to make them "conform" to someone's subjective opinion of who/what they should be.

For exactly this reason, I think "Intersex" should be an official designation for sex/gender. We have absolutely no idea how Team Trump will address this, but reference was made to "disputed" gender which necessarily would include ambiguous genitalia.

For the same medical necessity, the birth genitalia of transgender persons must be known to health care providers, especially in emergencies. So there are valid reasons for not denying one's birth gender/genitalia.

No amount of surgery or hormones or LARPing one's preferred stereotypes of others can change the physiological/biological reality. We can manipulate and supplement and mutilate and castrate, but our core is what it is and always will be.

Our genitals cannot and do not define us beyond the physical realities and necessities, but those physical realities and necessities are important.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No one wants to refuse anyone medically necessary procedures -- intersex or otherwise. Some folks will refuse to pay for it, but they won't stop anyone getting it on their own dime.

umm... ya, the problem with that statement is that our healthcare costs have gotten so outrageous that too many people can't afford even basic healthcare "on their own dime" and doctors have gotten into the habit of sometimes demanding down payments before they provide services, unless of course, it's a life or death issue.

www.ssa.gov...

what does question 8 on that form ask for??

your child needs a social security number if you want to apply for financial assistance for your child as well as numerous other things in life.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

umm... ya, the problem with that statement is that our healthcare costs have gotten so outrageous that too many people can't afford even basic healthcare "on their own dime" and doctors have gotten into the habit of sometimes demanding down payments before they provide services, unless of course, it's a life or death issue. 

As I well know... But that is a problem of the entire healthcare industry that must be addressed in that context.

your child needs a social security number if you want to apply for financial assistance for your child as well as numerous other things in life.

Okay. But I don't understand the issue exactly... The baby will be given the appropriate designation according to their genitalia. I think that should include "Intersex". That should cover the necessary bases. Is there something I'm missing?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Actually Obama listen to the people of America and listened to what the majority wanted. He knew the bigots and racist would respond like the # heads they are.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I get the transgenders/sex change/born in the wrong body etc but what I don't get is the non-binary no gender people.

What is that? They don't identify as male or female? What are they they then? Apart from non-binary.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

edit on 23-10-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: carewemust

Damn, I didn't see it posted in the mud pit...me bad. My apologies!
Maybe the mods will let it go, since it's in the mud-pit, which is known for 'civil' discussion, LOL

We shouldn't be tailoring biology to fit a persons feelings.

Holy shlt mate you've summed this entire bullshlt false agenda by the left in the most simple sentence I've ever seen presented.

Well done!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
Seems like it's the other way around.

People think there's a binary - that there are just male (XY) and female (XX), when biology says otherwise.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Trans, female with the ID to prove it and I’ve used at least two public restrooms without incident today #winning. I do what I want with no regard to the ramblings of relics or the authoritarian boot licking rabble. The biggest drawback for me personally on this issue would be not being able to get an updated passport. Having a passport with a gender designation contrary to outward appearance would make traveling abroad very dangerous for the Trans community. Guess I’ll have to wait for a more compassionate administration to come along. 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Good to see you Rainbow Phoenix.

"Deny Ignorance????" More like brick walls without doors or windows.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hey there Annee, I’ve been lurking around. Haven’t felt much like contributing in a while though. It’s just so muddy around here lately.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Outlier13
Seems like it's the other way around.

People think there's a binary - that there are just male (XY) and female (XX), when biology says otherwise.

You are not comprehending the underlying meaning of the statement from Vector99. Vector99 is making the observed assumption of biological sex identification between a male and female relating to their genitalia or assigned sex at birth. It is a binary.

What you are referring to and misdirecting Vector99's statement towards is gender identity which is how a person "feels" regarding their biological sex. If you were born a male yet do not "feel" like a male and find you relate more to a feminine perspective, feelings, etc it does not negate the fact you were physically born a male.

I'm in support of people who have legitimate gender identity quandaries who want to feel free to express themselves without fear of repercussion or ridicule. I am not in support of a pedophile man / woman making the decision to go into a member of the opposites sex's bathroom and use "gender identity" as an excuse to be a pervert. The left has weaponized the false narrative of gender identity to further their extremist agenda to shame a person into not accepting ALL gender identity advocates. Some gender identity advocates have legitimate claims while many others are just disgusting perverts.

So Vector99's comment is spot on accurate.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
mans born man
and woman born woman.
That's it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
If you were born a male yet do not "feel" like a male and find you relate more to a feminine perspective, feelings, etc it does not negate the fact you were physically born a male.

I'm still waiting for there to be a definitive statement on what it 'feels' like to be a man, or a woman.

Ask 10 men to tell you what it feels like to be a man. Ask 100. Ask 1000. Are they all going to give the same answer?

Same with women. Is there a definitive answer?

We are who we are, and we have the body we were born with. Disfiguring that body with plastic surgery and hormone treatments causes irreversible damage. We need to treat the internal problems, not the superficial image.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: Annee

Hey there Annee, I’ve been lurking around. Haven’t felt much like contributing in a while though. It’s just so muddy around here lately.

Same 👍

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Outlier13
If you were born a male yet do not "feel" like a male and find you relate more to a feminine perspective, feelings, etc it does not negate the fact you were physically born a male.

I'm still waiting for there to be a definitive statement on what it 'feels' like to be a man, or a woman.

Ask 10 men to tell you what it feels like to be a man. Ask 100. Ask 1000. Are they all going to give the same answer?

Same with women. Is there a definitive answer?

We are who we are, and we have the body we were born with. Disfiguring that body with plastic surgery and hormone treatments causes irreversible damage. We need to treat the internal problems, not the superficial image.

You say disfiguring my body, I say correcting or improving. I began transitioning about 5 years ago and I’ve been the happiest, healthiest and most successful I’ve ever been during that time. For the first time in my life I am happy with and proud of my body. You’re right though I am who I am and will continue being authentic to myself as opposed to conforming to the whims of an angry mob of trans bashers.

You say that you’ve never understood someone saying that “they feel like the wrong gender trapped in the wrong body. Well that’s a pretty vague and generic thing we say to kind of put it in layman’s terms and it is overly simplistic and misleading in my opinion. Thing is though I(we) determine who we are and how we will live our lives and present ourselves. Sure you have the right to have an opinion even if I don’t like it but conversely I have the right to not give a s*** about it and keep doing me.

Now had my family not been supportive (thank goodness for that) and tried to “fix” me it would have destroyed our familial bond and I would have never forgiven them or came back. If someone tried to forcibly “change” or “convert” me by abducting me and taking me to one of those religious Nazi camps it would have ended violently as I will always fight tooth and nail to protect both my physical well being and my right to self determination. Also if some trash goes all bathroom vigilante and attempts to assault me entering or leaving a restroom I will kill them in self defense as expiediently as possible without an afterthought about it. I’m done beating around the bush, if we could all just figure out how to live and let live while minding your own business the world would be a much better place.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well that depends why you did it.

If you did it to prove a point in a debate, like a complete muppet, then I would think its pretty clear that you would need to go and get yourself some professional help. But if you did it because your internal chemistry does not match the skin that you are in, because of a quirk of genetic or epigenetic variance, or by some other means, then that is an entirely different matter.

Again, you can argue that what you perceive has greater importance than what actually exists and is factual until you are blue in the face, but it won't change the reality, and the reality is that these issues are not black and white, not binary considerations, but spectral in their nature. Whether you accept it or not means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. All that effects is whether you are engaging with reality, or interacting only with your biases and prejudices.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
people who become trannies are selling their souls to devil.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

people who believe in an invisible sky man that loves you unconditionally but will throw you in a lake of fire for eternity to hang out with his old BFF who is kind of a dick for breaking his “rules” are mentally ill, delusional and possibly schizophrenic. 😜 it’s not funny when people bash you for how you choose to live your life or your beliefs is it? So why is it ok for you to push your unconfirmed and unprovable dogma on me then turn around and rip on me for how I live my life. You people really don’t realize how hypocritical and fanatical you are.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Why thank you for that spiel TrueBrit but i still think they suffer from a mental illness rather than an actual physical issue. To be honest the physical issues come after the surgeries as the body tends to attempt to repair itself, close gaping wounds that are not supposed to be there and the like.

Tell me this what happens when they stop taking the chemicals to retard their own body chemistry and hormone production? What do their bodies do?

The reality is they are poor souls that require help.

new topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join