It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Anyone who breaks the law and commits violence should be punished and put away from society. That means ANYONE. That has nothing to do with protecting those who have harmed no one.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And yet the bankers, politicians, and corporations do as they please.

One law for some another for the rest has always been the colour of the day.

Laws are for stupid people that don't know right from wrong, the fact is our laws serve the privileged few whilst maintaining the status quo.

Laws are not just made to be broken, they are made to be broken by poor people by design.
edit on 23-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheWisestCumbrian

Floors must be spotless in your gaff then.

Shes an oblate spheroid for the time being.

Oh no, it's just the other half treats me like a dog

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Anyone who breaks the law and commits violence should be punished and put away from society. That means ANYONE. That has nothing to do with protecting those who have harmed no one.

That's a cop out. You know the problem and refuse to address it. So be it. I and others will continue to act accordingly.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWisestCumbrian

At least it's a woof over your head.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's a cop out. You know the problem and refuse to address it. So be it. I and others will continue to act accordingly.

Yes, I know the problem. Narrow-minded individuals who hate anyone different from themselves, fighting to shut out harmless trans people from the rest of society. And yes, I will also continue to act accordingly.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
well as of now, it seems that he is proposing only two options, neither of which adequately fits these people.
so, the parents of a baby wouldn't be able to get a social security number for that baby, since there's no option for them, not till they decide what the baby should be, maybe not till they actually have the surgeries done to change the baby.
if they happen to be one of the many families that are financially pressed, they might find the medical care the baby needs as too expensive. heck they might find the testing that would need to be done to get the information they need to decide what the baby should be too expensive. and, without a social security number for the baby, they might find it rather difficult to get any gov't assistance to help out because quite frankly...
I think you need the social security card when you apply for it. if you don't have one for your kids, they will help expedite the process to get one... but that will all depend on the child having an appropriate sex to place on their application!

you can trust trump and team to do the right thing here, but well, I doubt if they see it any differently than their followers here on these boards... as a battle between them and the transgenders. with the intersex people just being considered the collateral damage in that war.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I guess we need to ask ourselves, "If Trump restores definitions, does that mean that this issue just goes away and there are no more transgender people in American society?" ... If so, I wonder what kind of magic wand Trump has?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

My view on this is pretty simple. This is America. You can be whatever you want to be, including adopting a new gender or no gender at all. The government's insistence, in this case, on using genetics to classify citizens won't change underlying identity that drives gender.

I guess in the fields of sports, it does become problematic. But does that outweigh the psychological benefits individuals experience when they live as the gender they feel they were meant to be?

The most recent edition of the DSM-5 takes a nuanced view, and moves away from outdated thinking:

The change in the DSM from gender identity disorder to gender dysphoria was a way to depathologize having a gender identity that differs from one’s sex assigned at birth and recognize the concern and clinical care that transgender individuals may need to achieve comfort with their gender identity, their body and gender role. Source: American Psychological Association, Psychology of Transgender

Dysphoria is unease or disatisfaction with life. Therefore, clinicians are encouraged to help transgender folk achieve more comfort with their identity, including a living life as new gender.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Okay. Forget us cis scum. And the "TERFs" and "Rad Fems." Do it for the people you claim to be fighting for:

Prevalence and Risk Correlates of Intimate Partner Violence Among a Multisite Cohort of Young Transgender Women

Results: Prevalence of IPV was high among this sample (42%), including experiencing distinct forms of IPV that were related to gender identity. Experiencing stressors was also high among this sample, including experiencing childhood abuse and minority stressors (i.e., transgender-related victimization and day-to-day unfair treatment and discrimination), all of which were associated with a greater risk for IPV.

Transgend er Domestic Violence Statistics Show This Group Is The Most Vulnerable Population, & This Is Why

Intimate partner violence, the technical term for what's more commonly known as "domestic abuse," is a serious problem — and a new report reveals that it's a particular danger for transgender people. 

Domestic Violence in the Transgender Community

Domestic violence affects all populations, but the transgender community is victimized at higher rates than the general population: according to a review completed by The Williams Institute, 30 percent to 50 percent of transgender people experience intimate partner violence at some point in their lifetime compared to 28 to 33 percent in the general population.

Fight for them.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well, I don't "trust" Trump; and I don't trust anonymous paraphrased sources either; but there's no sense in spinning our wheels over something that hasn't happened.

Having said that, there was specific reference to genetic testing for "disputed" cases, so there must be some consideration given to intersex individuals.

I presume there is also some participation from the medical field.

No need to assume the worst. We can deal with any/all issues when we have an official proposal.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hope it happens this gender fluid, binary, b.s. has to stop. Go Mr. President go.!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So because transgender people are more often the target of domestic violence that means that transgender people are violent? You are aware that most transgender people don't have transgender partners, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

what good is genetic testing if a man is born physically fully male, but his dna says he is female..
for the intersex, it could mean, gee, we don't know what sex this person is, so by default what does their chromosomes say we'll go by that and start the surgeries as soon as possible. ensuring that the intersex child has no choice and removing the choice from the parents also.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So because transgender people are more often the target of domestic violence that means that transgender people are violent?

Not at all. I was actually referring to the well established family cycle of violence known to be carried from one generation to the next... As in those who are abused tend to go on to abuse. So I was actually doing exactly the opposite of what you presumed, albeit not very well.

You are aware that most transgender people don't have transgender partners, right?

Nope, I'm not. And it doesn't mean that trans persons cannot or are not abusers.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I already do fight for them. It’s usually the “cis scum” that’s beating on the trans women. For the record.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

what good is genetic testing if a man is born physically fully male, but his dna says he is female..

I don't know -- maybe nothing maybe lots of things. Many many people live out their lives not knowing and never needing to know. If it were necessary to know -- for a medical issue for example -- then the testing could be done.

As I understand it, however, there could not be male genitalia without a Y chromosome, and the mere existence of the Y chromosome makes one "male."

On the other hand, it is medically necessary and proper for the physical body type to be known -- be it male or female or something more/in between.

for the intersex, it could mean, gee, we don't know what sex this person is, so by default what does their chromosomes say we'll go by that and start the surgeries as soon as possible. ensuring that the intersex child has no choice and removing the choice from the parents also.

And hell could freeze over and pigs could fly and Trump could be re-elected by the Cheetos party! We just don't know what will be proposed -- if anything!

But the very real plight and needs of intersex people are well known, have been addressed in the past, and are seemingly being addressed in the future.

And all this once again demonstrates the very different challenges and needs of intersex from transgender and for us to stop conflating the two.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

As I understand it, however, there could not be male genitalia without a Y chromosome, and the mere existence of the Y chromosome makes one "male."

Look into the role of the SRY gene and XX male syndrome.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Thank you -- I just did! I had tried to find information about such conditions but never did. I must not have used the right search terms.

I wonder if this is similar to the guevedoces -- born with female genitalia that changes to make genitalia at about 12 years old. The gynecomastia of xxx male syndrome might be an effort by the body to change. Or maybe its completely different.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

well, we have a bunch of people who are more than likely just trying to block another group from being fully integrated into our society because they feel it's abhorrent that they would choose to change their physical body to one that is more acceptable to them. So, they are wanting to go back to the old days, where your are either considered a male or female as determined from both and that is what should be that. if you're a male at birth, use the male bathroom, if you are female at birth, use the female bathroom. but I think their main hope is to make life too difficult for transgenders who wish to be something they weren't born to be!
but, the old days also resulted in the needless surgeries asap after birth for those who were intersex, because they just didn't fit into that male/female mode. at least the transgenders got to choose if they wanted to change, to what extent they wanted to change, and when and how fast they wanted to change.
but their insistence on sticking to this male/female false reality will also force others into surgically adapting themselves, or more likely force parents to have them surgically adapted as soon as possible just so they can have their birth certificates listing either male or female, to fit into their false reality. I'm not sure what you mean by "stop conflating the two", if you mean that we should start accepting people as they are, that some might wish to go through a part of their lifetime experiencing life as a member of the opposite sex or someone might find themselves sexually attracted to those of the same sex, that these are more issues of gender, I agree. but still, that doesn't mean that their isn't at least one more sex in the human race and that our refusal to accept that fact is forcing some to physically adjust their lives so they can fit our expectations. if parents chose to do this to their children because they believe it will give their kid a better, happier life, well, at least they are making that decision with good intentions and they might be right, but then how much does society's views on sex and gender play in their decision. could some maybe come to the conclusion that the child could be just as happy as they are if it wasn't for our bias. if doctors decide there is a valid medical reason, that there is a condition that would put the child's health at risk, again, no problem. but, should the gov't force it through actively denying services and rights of personhood because they don't fit their male/female model? no, don't think so. they should be able to live long enough as a intersex child at least long enough for the parent to observe their personality to see which they believe the child fits into before such a decision is made, or longer if they feel that the child should be able to decide which is their preference. and, society should be able to give them that time, without judgements, bias, ect.
society won't be able to do that as long as we keep insisting that their is only males and females in the world... it's either one or the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join