It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know, if a burn victim has a severely disfigured face because of their injuries,
should they just hide away from society because some are "grossed out" by their appearance?

Personally, I’m grossed out by really fat people, and people who smoke. Food and cigarette addicts are filthy, nasty, greasy and disgusting. There, no one can call me out, cuz I have different values.

Why would anyone call you out? You are entitled to be grossed out for whatever reason you feel.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was a point that I believed the word marriage was a word that was created and defined through religion and was always between a man and a woman and should stay that way. At some point I decided my opinion of the word's origin was irrelevant to what gay couples were seeking.

I don't see gender in the same light. In a same sex marriage no one is trying to be something they are not.

It's my opinion that psychologically it's better for a transgender to be honest with themselves and the world from a legal standpoint. A biological male does not become a biological female because he feels like he is a woman trapped in a man's body. He remains a biological male with gender dysphoria.

I don't find anything wrong with someone who is transgender but I also don't feel the need to have an infinite number of genders from a legal standpoint. People can identify as whatever they want, but the biology remains the same.

They can choose whatever gender identity they would like from from an external, pronoun and lifestyle basses. But we simply don't get to choose our biological gender. From a legal standpoint it doesn't make sense to me to recognize more than 2 genders.

The issue with biological males competing against women in women's sports is ridiculous to me. Without a legal definition there is no way to restore the rights that biological woman fought for. Someday all female sports would be dominated by transgenders. I don't find these open definitions a solution but rather a problem that needs to be delt with.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

There was a point that I believed the word marriage was a word that was created and defined through religion
Indeed. But the thing is, there is also a legal definition. It's a legal contract. Right? Rights and stuff. Right?

It's my opinion that psychologically it's better for a transgender to be honest with themselves and the world from a legal standpoint.
Yeah. Some are of the opinion that homosexuals would be better off if they just stopped being that way. Maybe we can fix 'em.

Someday all female sports would be dominated by transgenders. I don't find these open definitions a solution but rather a problem that needs to be delt with.
Yeah. Because sports are really, really important.
edit on 10/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yeah. Because sports are really important.

Now you are sounding ignorant which is becoming the norm for you.

Women have fought and won equal access to sports. Do some research on Title IX and the continued struggle of women's groups to have equal access to sports.

Sports may not be important to you. But sporting programs are very important to the women who fought for Title IX. And remain important to a large number of women who continue to work to make sure that access continues to expand.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Do some research on Title IX and the continued struggle of women's groups to have equal access to sports.

Funny you should bring that up, in this context.

And remain important to a large number of women who continue to work to make sure that access continues to expand.
I don't see how this would enable access. It seems it would limit it, actually. A trans man would not be allowed to compete with their gender (male). Or do I get that wrong?

I don't suppose you know any. Or at least, you don't know that they are.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Let us pretend people are "cars" and that they're only two MAKES: FORDs and CHEVYs. Each MAKE has many MODELS that are very popular and great vehicles. There are Mustangs, F-150s, Edges, Corvettes, Camaros, Impalas, Silverados, etc. People are free to be whatever "model" they want and they'd be free to have fun tearing up the roads across America. It doesn't matter if you are a "FORD," but think you're a "Corvette ZR1" or "Camaro." That doesn't change the "MAKE" of car you are, which is listed on the Title.

Very clear and succinctly put

So, how will Transgender lives be impacted? The fact is...They won't. Transgenders will still exist and be free to live their lives based on the gender role they identify with. It's just that the LGBT community wants to eliminate using the "MAKE" designation for ID purposes and use only the "MODEL" designation. The government wants to simplify this, by reverting back to when a person's sex was grounded in science and not based on gender identity. Even though you were born a "FORD," you still can live your life as a "Corvette ZR1." So, please explain to me, what all the turmoil is about, concerning such a small percentage (less than 2%) of America's population?

Like all minorities pushing the boundries to be noticed..... me me me notice me!!!!!

It lost me when LGBT went on to add all the further letters LGBTQIAPK+

Does everything have to be SO DRAMATIC ?

People in are and will continue to be free to live their lives however they like. If a man wants to live his life as a woman, or vice versa, then fine...so be it. Transgenders won't be "defined out of existence," nor should they ever be discriminated against. We're not talking about changing the way a person "thinks about their gender" or changing how a person dresses or live their lives. We're talking about limiting the term "sex," to either that of a male or female, for ID and medical purposes.

You said it!! Clear and concise and in a nutshell.....

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You said it!! Clear and concise and in a nutshell..

Yes. And he completely ignores the implications of the application of a narrowing of the legal definition.

See the interesting reference to Title IX above.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Lysergic

Go back to your drugs and let the adults talk.

Oh nos Reefer Madness!!!

Only if you promise to keep being such a predictable schlub.

edit on 23-10-2018 by Lysergic because: it was almost queefer madness

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I can't wait to hear the negativity regarding this proposal. I actually applaud it. It's a decision based on common sense and science

Yay, another chance to give other person a F in science, however this is coming from a man who thinks that the word 'think' has a silent z

Many species of fish change gender naturally, so in the process of the gender transformation what would Trump call them? 'well uh I um...sorry i'm late for my obfuscation lesson.' And what if a man was on the operating table having gender realignment surgery?

TBH I don't give a rats rump, if you don't feel right, make things right. If I knew some dude who wanted to change sex I'd support him, then after the change i'd continue to support her.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There may be some truth to this rumor:

President Trump dodges questions on transgender ban and declares that he wants to 'protect our country' when asked about policy that would define gender based on sex organs at birth

When asked about this on Monday as he traveled to Houston, President Trump said:   'We're looking at it, we have a lot of different, ahhhhh...concepts right now. They have a lot of different things happening with respect to transgender right now. I want to protect our country. I want to protect everybody.'

Good. The Trans Activists have allowed the testosterone-driven autogynephiles -- the most abusive and violent members of their movement -- to take over.
Also noteworthy for those invoking the legitimate health and medical concerns of genuine intersex folks:

The proposal would define sex as either male or female, and any dispute about one's sex would have to be clarified through genetic testing

For the vast majority of people born intersex, this would be established at birth. What we don't know is how it would be recorded or documented, if they will be assigned a gender or perhaps declared "intersex" as their gender.

It also remains to be seen how "intersex" would be defined. Would it only include those with physical ambiguities? Or would it be expanded to include those with definite physical genitalia, but determined to be XXY for example?
edit on 23-10-2018 by Boadicea because: None

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I can't wait to hear the negativity regarding this proposal. I actually applaud it. It's a decision based on common sense and science, something that some, not all, Left Wingers care little about. President Obama was the idiot that started this slippery slope of 'normalizing' this pseudo science. The sooner we stop the nonsense that's pictured below from happening, the less confused our impressionable young children will be. That's a good thing, irregardless what the LGBT community thinks.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

www.nytimes.com...

In what some describe as a sensible return to common-sense policies, the Trump administration has reportedly proposed redefining gender/sex as an immutable condition that cannot be altered by whim.

www.bizpacreview.com...

A big thumbs up from me in returning to common sense, by determining one's sex based on FACT...one's immutable biological traits.

Maybe if we're lucky, we can see the end of this nonsense too:

Mack Beggs won a Texas girls state wrestling championship for the second year in a row with a victory that, once again, brought a mixture of cheers and boos because Beggs is a transgender athlete.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"First transgender woman world champion...ever," Rachel McKinnon, an assistant professor of philosophy at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, bragged Sunday in a tweet that set off a massive debate.

“It’s definitely NOT fair,” Jennifer Wagner, the third-place finisher from Houston, said in response to a tweet from British conservative Katie Hopkins. Hopkins tweeted an image of the three cyclists on the podium with this caption: “For clarity – this was the WOMENS world championships. I repeat. Women’s. Congratulations to the brave faces of silver & bronze. The world is gripped by a febrile madness.”

www.foxnews.com...

This, much like almost everything else BHO did, was done without legislation and was very easy to reverse. Perhaps had BHO gotten actual laws passed for this we would not be in this situation, but then he couldn't get very much passed at all, even when he had the house and senate.
The campaign promise to undo all the executive and administrative crap that the former POTUS enacted is coming true. Legislating through any other means than congress is biting the left on the ass. And rightfully so!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Yeah. Because sports are really, really important.

Its certainly important to the MEN exploiting women's sports for easy wins, eh?

You and I may not consider sporting competition to be especially important in the big picture, but there is no doubt that biological men competing with biological females completely destroys the level playing field in principle and in practice.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Many species of fish change gender naturally,

The operative word being *naturally*? Without medical intervention......

so in the process of the gender transformation what would Trump call them? 'well uh I um...sorry i'm late for my obfuscation lesson.' And what if a man was on the operating table having gender realignment surgery?

I would suppose an M or F on original paperwork would possibly be......

M amended/adjusted to F

F amended/adjusted to M

TBH I don't give a rats rump, if you don't feel right, make things right. If I knew some dude who wanted to change sex I'd support him, then after the change i'd continue to support her.

And with out any fuss? seems an obvious solution!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
How many transgender people will this kill?

They are literally changing the law to define people out of existence. This is called genocide.
edit on 23/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Do bullies’ feelings matter? Should we not call out bullies who say mean and hurtful things to others? After all, a bully might be grossed out by a nerdy kid.

Empty virtue signalling. Again. Nothing said in this thread even comes close to the vile threats and violence of the Trans Activists:

DIE-CIS-SCUM

'Punch a TERF’ Rhetoric Encourages Violence Against Women

COTTON CEILING AND AUTOGYNEPHILIA

Trans Activists' Threats to Execute Women Sure Doesn't Look Like Social Justice

When it comes to hateful, abusive and violent behavior, the Trans Activists win hands down.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

We're talking about limiting the term "sex," to either that of a male or female, for ID and medical purposes.

This is problematic in two ways.

First, transgender people will likely have had medical treatment, such as hormones, for significant periods of time. Medical procedures for men, are likely not appropriate for transgender women, for example. Next, if someone is transgender yet thinks it is better for their health if they use the one they were assigned at birth, then that is their decision to make, not yours.

Second, if you have someone who lives as a certain gender, behaves like a certain gender, then why would you identify them as the opposite gender? Because most times ID is checked they don't:

i. Check genitalia.
ii. Do a DNA test.

So, how will Transgender lives be impacted? The fact is...They won't. Transgenders will still exist and be free to live their lives based on the gender role they identify with.

It's transgender people, not "transgenders". Usually you don't call gay people "the gays" and African Americans "the blacks".

Next, have you actually asked any transgender people how it would affect their lives?

So, please explain to me, what all the turmoil is about, concerning such a small percentage (less than 2%) of America's population?

So you're in favour of tyranny of the majority and mob rule then huh?

This is exactly the problem. It's because you, as part of the majority, are speaking for transgender people, rather than actually listening to them and protecting them.

And if it's only 2% of the population, then yes, why change the law and screw them over?

Transgender rights are human rights.

edit on 23/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

But...but...what are we to do with all those new brand spanking toilets created for the confused?

Ah well, guess they will simply have to pick a side now like everyone else or just accept the gender that nature and biology bestowed upon them, at least where number ones and twos are concerned anyway.

edit on 23-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The science does not back your understanding of gender as being a binary situation. The scientists involved in biology do not either. It is not an either or scenario. There is a third way, and your refusal to accept it is a denial of reality, not an example of a return to it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It also remains to be seen how "intersex" would be defined. Would it only include those with physical ambiguities? Or would it be expanded to include those with definite physical genitalia, but determined to be XXY for example?

it kind of seemed rather clear that it would be defined as either male, or female.. there seems to be only two options available. we're only just beginning to understand all the factors that makes a person male, or female, or some other option not yet realized.
while it seems rather clear to me that by making this such a black and white issue of male or female, according to the genitalia at birth, you are cutting off gov't services to those intersex babies who are neither clearly male or female at birth at least till the parents make a decision as to what sex the child should grow up being. I am also wondering if by making it so for "medical purposes" as a previous poster has been quoted as saying (not sure if that is part of their plan or not) might complicate the medical care that these intersex people (many who are really unaware that they are) might find themselves needed at some future time.
intersex males can have periods according to what I have read. And, in some cases, there might not be any outlet for this blood to flow out of the body. so you could have a teenage male, who's parents never knew he wasn't just your average normal boy hit the age and suddenly find himself bleeding or getting rather sick because that blood is just piling up in his body somewhere. would this policy from the gov't that dictates that the boy is either a male or a famale, this case in all intense purposed a male, with no exceptions allowed... like he has a partial uterus that has just been activated within his body.. be less accommodating to his needs, would it force the healthcare system to be less accommodating to them? and that is just one of the six or more sexual deviations that we know of.
and, would it force the parents to decide what sex the child should be before they feel they have the knowledge to make the best decision for the child? and, have to ask, why shouldn't society be pushed to accept this child as they were born instead of forcing a change on them to make them something they were born as?

and will this slow down the research that is providing the answers to how and why we are the sex we are, and why sometimes body, mind, and dna, just don't match up with each other?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: Vector99

My son is gay and I've met a few very nice trans people. No issue with them...I'm concerned though with the pick a label/gender mentality that's spreading across this country.

Exactly! Like I said, I have no issues at all with lgbt, but this pic from the other thread (creds to sublimecraft) says how ridiculous this is all getting.

Well if he identifies as a Dog we should treat him that way, he gets ill he gets taken to the Vet,seriously ill then put down, cant sit on the furniture, chop his nads off so he is more docile, not allowed in shops or public spaces etc.

Now lets find that guy that indentifies as an Ikea table I have a cup of coffee to place somewhere

edit on 23-10-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join