It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I had no idea that as recently as June 2018 it ACTUALLY was classified as a mental illness by the WHO.....

The World Health Organization will stop classifying transgender people as mentally ill

Updated 11:39 AM ET, Wed June 20, 2018

The United Nations health agency announced Monday in its 11th International Classification of Diseases (ICD) catalog that "gender incongruence" -- the organization's term for people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were assigned at birth -- has been moved out of the mental disorders chapter and into the organization's sexual health chapter. The change will be presented at the World Health Assembly, the WHO's legislative body, in 2019 and will go into effect on January 1, 2022.

You will surely understand any confusion on the subject as the change will not even go into effect until 2022?

So no, it is no way "implicit" in any fact calling anyone out for what was legitimately listed by the WHO as a mental illness/sickness/ect.
How is it bigotry if the WHO listed it as a mental illness????

Thank you for looking up these facts.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: schuyler

I never said that sociology was a hard science. I said that gender was a term used by sociologists. By claiming gender only applies to a person's biological sex, the Trump administration is actually going against the operative definition of gender.

I think you mean post-operative....

From Merriam Webster:
Some people maintain that the word sex should be reserved for reference to the biological aspects of being male or female or to sexual activity, and that the word gender should be used only to refer to sociocultural roles. Accordingly, one would say The effectiveness of the treatment appears to depend on the sex of the patient and In society, gender roles are clearly defined. In some situations this distinction avoids ambiguity, as in gender research, which is clear in a way that sex research is not. The distinction can be problematic, however. Linguistically, there isn't any real difference between gender bias and sex bias, and it may seem contrived to insist that sex is incorrect in this instance.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: kaylaluv

Doesn't society already do this?

Has anyone in this thread called any individual sick or perverse? Or was it an opinion being shared generically?

Should we shout down people with opinions we don't like?

I
There is "Opinions of Ignorance".

There are Transgender posters on ATS.

They have patiently tried to educate.

They don't waste their time any more.

Nor should they.

God created Adam and then Eve but I recall no Transangie being identified.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

he also created angels...
what were they, they weren't male or female were they??
look, all I needed to do to prove that there needed to be some kind of exception to his rule is find one person who didn't fit into the male/female statuses. I did that, and to boot the person I found had filed a lawsuit because he felt violated when the state and foster care system took it upon themselves to decide which of those statuses he belonged to.
that person WAS A CREATION OF GOD'S, as he was when he was born. at least the transgenders were given the right to decide for themselves to change what they didn't like about themselves. this policy doesn't even attempt to cover what happens when the doctor looks at a baby and says beats me, can't tell!!! and, it would force parents into making a hasty decision when it comes to what sex the baby should be, which is maybe a decision that baby might want to have a say in later in life.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Its an opinion. Not one i agree with....but understand that there are valid reasons for people to feel that way that range into the pathological.

Its unfortunate that it causes problems for people to be asked to tolerate others for their opinion. Used to be folks would just shrug and walk away from folks with disgusting opinions. Now, it seems, they launch their own disgusting verbiage against a different group for some unknown reason. This is the logic i am facing here.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sounds like you making a confession.
If people want to change their gender fine but it is a personal decision that cant be forced on the wider community. Meaning there needs to be an explicit category trans identified on official documents like drives liscence. Then they can have their own toilets, and rest rooms etc. Practical middle ground solution cause you will never get exactly whats been sought. Ideal equality doesnt exist, never has and never will.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: Annee

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Doesn't society already do this?

Has anyone in this thread called any individual sick or perverse? Or was it an opinion being shared generically?

Should we shout down people with opinions we don't like?

I
There is "Opinions of Ignorance".

There are Transgender posters on ATS.

They have patiently tried to educate.

They don't waste their time any more.

Nor should they.

God created Adam and then Eve but I recall no Transangie being identified.

Nope. Modern Human's evolved.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I wonder if I can Identify as a disabled person then collect benefits?

Sure , why not. It's called "mentally disabled". Go for it. After 4 years of going back and forth, you'll get your benefits and back payments for 4 years. This is true. With that money you can start a business, work under the table and still stay mentally unfit because you believe you are still lost in a world of identify oneself as a normal human being.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Gender is a sociology term relating to the sex a person identifies as. Sex is the biological term. So the Trump administration is actually going against research by redefining gender as a biological concept.

That is unequivocally false. It is not a sociology term. It may be a term sociologists use, but that doesn't change the origins of the word, itself.

It's origins etymology as a noun are first recorded in the 14th Century, and meant to "beget or to give birth to".

It was used also as reference to genus regards to characteristic at birth.

To take the etymology of the original meanings, it would be articulated, literally, as: "that which you were born as".

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Haha.

These old ladies get flustered so easily.

Lol @ kayla epic triggering.

Haha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

With some intelligence levels, you have to provide examples so they can see just how ugly they really are. I consider it a community service.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Great excuse haha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I love that part where you think you made a valid point bahahaha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Go back to your drugs and let the adults talk.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Justoneman

a reply to: tadaman

Most societies throughout history have acknowledged people born into the wrong gender.

Normalizing something that destroys the family is part of the bigger Marx picture.

But the history shows us they weren't foolish about what was there either as this leftist society is pushing us to ignore what is real in sports and elsewhere. You simply cant ignore the biological facts for mental ones about "feelings" of being the other sex.

*GASP* Are you saying that Karl Marx was really a woman under that incredible beard??? THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH!

Thanks for asking, NO I am not!

I am saying that Marx taught that to destroy the fabric of the target country to take over. And to paraphrase the plan, it was to 'destroy the moral standing of the country 1st.' Once the 1st thing that was unacceptable was turned, they focused on the next thing like cooking frogs in a pot, turn it up slowly.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

a confession of what???

If people want to change their gender fine but it is a personal decision that cant be forced on the wider community. Meaning there needs to be an explicit category trans identified on official documents like drives liscence. Then they can have their own toilets, and rest rooms etc. Practical middle ground solution cause you will never get exactly whats been sought. Ideal equality doesnt exist, never has and never will.

well that's all fine and dandy, but then what happens when a baby is born with body parts resembling male AND female parts? this policy is to assign the sex they had at birth and no changes allowed!!! their sex is rather unidentifiable at birth! and if their dna just doesn't match the body they were given. should we go with the physical traits or the dna?

this is like abortion, some people have such a strong moral issue with it, they just want to ignore the fact that morally acceptable reasons for the medical procedures exist and not accommodate them into the laws they write.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Makes me wonder if they've had shtuff added or taken away.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Trump needs to go watch some Hermaphrodite movies...eh, i mean. read up on Hermaphroditism in humans. That'll will really blow his hairpiece off.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: soberbacchus

Science shows that close to 1.7% of births are visibly intersex.

That's bull#. Wikipedias owned by the NWO making up misleading stats.
We that have all grown up to be adults no their is clear discernment between men and woman. How many of your remembered 1.7% of gender hybrids in school?

Even so my math calculates that 98.3% instead of 99.9 percent is splitting scientific hairs. It is rare to be born with both parts but it happens in the animal kingdom also so it is natural. The so called tranny's are changing sex and weren't born with two sexes as a hermaphrodite.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I knew a Hermaphrodite born with both parts. After all, they do exist. This one his parents had decided he would be a man since he had a penis and kept it with some hormone treatments he grew up to be a man. If that guy ever turns out gay, I would say that was very biologically natural.

The Gay way I think is a lifestyle. My niece is gay and some life long close friends I have. I am a sincere listener/dialogue to each person I meet similar to my opinions on here and the love me for who I am.

They do think they were born gay. While, I think they "were introduced to it. And that in a way, they "both started grooving" has more to do with it than anything. They did it once, twice, a few more maybe and ok it is who they are, no going back. I have learned to understand in a good way for communicating with them , what their ways really are. Maybe, because I love them as friends and family. Just like one does who means it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join