It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: kaylaluv

what about people who are actually grossed out by it? Do their feelings not matter?

Do bullies’ feelings matter? Should we not call out bullies who say mean and hurtful things to others? After all, a bully might be grossed out by a nerdy kid.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Bullies don't get mental health care.

Your statement is non-sequitur.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know, if a burn victim has a severely disfigured face because of their injuries,
should they just hide away from society because some are "grossed out" by their appearance?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

persecute others!? if you cut your weiner off and then dance around demanding everyone treat you like a beautiful lady and nobody does, that's not persecution...

oh yeah i forget it was voted out of the DSM... your "minimum criteria to be categorized as a mental illness" is a majority rules vote... so its not a mental disorder only because that offended people and they protested to have them vote to change it. very scientific.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I don't know, if a burn victim has a severely disfigured face because of their injuries,
should they just hide away from society because some are "grossed out" by their appearance?

Personally, I’m grossed out by really fat people, and people who smoke. Food and cigarette addicts are filthy, nasty, greasy and disgusting. There, no one can call me out, cuz I have different values.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Food and cigarette addicts are filthy, nasty, greasy and disgusting. There, no one can call me out, cuz I have different values.

I wouldn't call you a "horrible person" because of that.
How you treat them may be a different story tho.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Would having a burned face require changing the recognition of biological elements?

Your comparison is non-sequitur

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Doesn't society already do this?

Has anyone in this thread called any individual sick or perverse? Or was it an opinion being shared generically?

Should we shout down people with opinions we don't like?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Doesn't society already do this?

Has anyone in this thread called any individual sick or perverse? Or was it an opinion being shared generically?

Should we shout down people with opinions we don't like?

I
There is "Opinions of Ignorance".

There are Transgender posters on ATS.

They have patiently tried to educate.

They don't waste their time any more.

Nor should they.
edit on 22-10-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

"Educate" is a word of condescension.

I am fairly well educated myself. And have been shouted down for daring to state that I won't use someone elses preferred pronoun. Such a silly and minor thing...trying to force me to comply with a language that is not my own...and i get shouted down over it.

And yes, there are opinions of ignorance. One doesn't illuminate with darkness, though...so how does anyone expect to alleviate ignorance with insults and hate?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
no, but if the reason is that something grosses you out, well then, there's plenty of different things that grosses people out! if it's a good enough of an excuse to use in this case, why should it be good enough of an excuse to remove the rights of other individuals who might have attributes that would gross people out also??

a baby born with the organs of both sexes DOES HAPPEN!!!
so what are they at birth?? a boy, or a girl, a female or a male??? they are neither, or they are both, not until their parents decide upon what sex they want their baby to be and their baby undergoes the medical procedures to make it so.
so, tell me, will it be possible to fill out the proper documents needed for the new family to get medicaid if they need it to help pay for these expensive operations, or will the child possibly end up being a non-person in the federal gov't eyes the rest of their lives. or heck, maybe they might end up being a non-person even after the surgeries because all that matters is what they were at birth!!
what if this non-person wants to get a job, again, they were neither male or female at birth, so how do they fill out the tax papers so they can work legally? get a social security card, a passport, and on and on....

lol... they are gonna have to make at least one exception to their stupid rule!!!

edit on 22-10-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There are Transgender posters on ATS. They have patiently tried to educate. They don't waste their time any more. Nor should they.

Well thats a relief. I agree with that post 100%, they should not bother.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: tadaman

Most societies throughout history have acknowledged people born into the wrong gender.

Gender studies only started in 40's. Try again.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

well, you know that old joke: "We are from the government and we are here to help"

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

so how does anyone expect to alleviate ignorance with insults and hate?

Well insults and hate toward a whole group of people isn't helping anything either.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It is not an insult if it turns out to be true.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

First of all, genitalia is changeable. People have sex change surgeries all the time.
Yeah, the outward appearance. Not the function.

Second, why on earth should/would the government get involved in the genetic testing of anyone? To see what prison they should go to, is one reason. So, the Trump administration wants to incarcerate transgender women with men and vice versa. Do I have to explain what protections transgender people lose in a prison scenario.
Are you saying that Transgender people are over represented in crime statistics?

Another reason for the government to test the chromosomal makeup of an individual would be for military service. We know that Trump is in the midst of a battle with the Pentagon on this issue. So, we can see this as a "reach around" the law protecting transgender service men and women. Another reason to test an individual could be an HR complaint about bathroom use, or workplace bullying of transgender people, refusing to refer to them as "he" or "she", outing them and attempting to publicly shame them for being transgender. There goes any hint of privacy protections for transgender.
The military uses Co-ed facilities if I'm not mistaken. If that's a deal breaker to a Trans person, above all else, they are not obligated to join.

If there is no government recognition of transgender people, government contractors and offices would be able refuse to hire or be able to fire a person simply for being transgender. Government housing assistance and loans could be denied. Medicare and Medicaid could refuse to cover transgender needs or complications. Transgender people could be refused unemployment benefits, if they were fired for being transgender. They could be denied food stamps and public assistance.

And how will they know? I wasn't aware that dropping trou was part of the interview process these days.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well insults and hate toward a whole group of people isn't helping anything either.

True. But neither can one be over sensitive about a discussion, while being cis themselves, to the point that they feel the need to derail said discussion by calling people bitgots and phobics.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

what does that have to do with the price of tea in china??

or are you just trying to tell me that you don't really care if there's a small number of people that will be disenfranchised with their black and white, no exceptions, this is the way it will be crap?
I imagine it's kind of like the native people's in No. Dakota, who live on reservations and really don't used street addresses. so, well, let's make it mandatory that they have street addresses... just to make sure they can't vote, even though they really have every right to vote... ya, that's a really small number of people also..
it seems that some are getting really quite good a sectioning off small numbers of people to remove rights from... they are such a small number, no one will care, right?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv

True. But neither can one be over sensitive about a discussion, while being cis themselves, to the point that they feel the need to derail said discussion by calling people bitgots and phobics.

That only happened because someone was being hateful and insulting. Can't we have a discussion without calling people sick and perverse?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join