It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes To Restore Federal Definition Of Gender As Either A Male Or A Female NO EXCEPTIONS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I can't wait to hear the negativity regarding this proposal. I actually applaud it. It's a decision based on common sense and science, something that some, not all, Left Wingers care little about. President Obama was the idiot that started this slippery slope of 'normalizing' this pseudo science. The sooner we stop the nonsense that's pictured below from happening, the less confused our impressionable young children will be. That's a good thing, irregardless what the LGBT community thinks.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

www.nytimes.com...

In what some describe as a sensible return to common-sense policies, the Trump administration has reportedly proposed redefining gender/sex as an immutable condition that cannot be altered by whim.

www.bizpacreview.com...

A big thumbs up from me in returning to common sense, by determining one's sex based on FACT...one's immutable biological traits.

Maybe if we're lucky, we can see the end of this nonsense too:

Mack Beggs won a Texas girls state wrestling championship for the second year in a row with a victory that, once again, brought a mixture of cheers and boos because Beggs is a transgender athlete.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"First transgender woman world champion...ever," Rachel McKinnon, an assistant professor of philosophy at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, bragged Sunday in a tweet that set off a massive debate.

“It’s definitely NOT fair,” Jennifer Wagner, the third-place finisher from Houston, said in response to a tweet from British conservative Katie Hopkins. Hopkins tweeted an image of the three cyclists on the podium with this caption: “For clarity – this was the WOMENS world championships. I repeat. Women’s. Congratulations to the brave faces of silver & bronze. The world is gripped by a febrile madness.”

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 10/21/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

EXISTING THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT RIGHT HERE ShawMan.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Damn, I didn't see it posted in the mud pit...me bad. My apologies!
Maybe the mods will let it go, since it's in the mud-pit, which is known for 'civil' discussion, LOL

edit on 10/21/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I totally agree with your perspective. Can’t happen soon enough. 👍

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: carewemust

Damn, I didn't see it posted in the mud pit...me bad. My apologies!
Maybe the mods will let it go, since it's in the mud-pit, which is known for 'civil' discussion, LOL

That one isn't in the mudpit

I personally have no issue with trans people, but science is science and biology is biology.

We shouldn't be tailoring biology to fit a persons feelings.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

We shouldn't be ignoring biology to coddle someone's mental illness.

These people are supposedly all about science. When science advances their sociopolitical agenda.

When it doesn't, science is as much of a target as religion or anything else they see as an obstacle.

+33 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
JFK put a man on the moon.

Obama put a man in the womens restroom.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

My son is gay and I've met a few very nice trans people. No issue with them...I'm concerned though with the pick a label/gender mentality that's spreading across this country.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Gender is a sociology term relating to the sex a person identifies as. Sex is the biological term. So the Trump administration is actually going against research by redefining gender as a biological concept.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

My son is gay and I've met a few very nice trans people. No issue with them...I'm concerned though with the pick a label/gender mentality that's spreading across this country.

Exactly! Like I said, I have no issues at all with lgbt, but this pic from the other thread (creds to sublimecraft) says how ridiculous this is all getting.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
JFK put a man on the moon.

Obama put a man in the womens restroom.

...good one....

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Gender is a sociology term relating to the sex a person identifies as. Sex is the biological term.

But I thought they were supposed to be TOTALLY different things? Both are the sex in your words.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

We shouldn't be ignoring biology to coddle someone's mental illness.

These people are supposedly all about science. When science advances their sociopolitical agenda.

When it doesn't, science is as much of a target as religion or anything else they see as an obstacle.

I agree 100%

Born with penis - boy
Born with vagina - girl.

Feel free to self-identify however you like, but realize that science says otherwise!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I wonder if I can Identify as a disabled person then collect benefits?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's got my vote.

Don't be a Science Denier.

Trump haters shot themselves in the foot with Pochantus since DNA testing is relevant as to what someone is.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Good job Trump. We can soon stop being idiots in the eyes of all of humanity to follow.

May history forgive our dumbass generations for even confusing the subject.

edit on 10 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A person wanted for murder could get a sex change and nobody would even think of searching for someone of the opposite sex.

I think they should have a clear ID trail of all citizens.

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Gender is a sociology term relating to the sex a person identifies as. Sex is the biological term. So the Trump administration is actually going against research by redefining gender as a biological concept.

Sociology is not a hard science. It's full of made-up terms like this one: gender, made up by people wanting to "normalize" aberrant behavior. If people identify as one sex and their DNA shows them to be another sex, that's a definition of mental illness. It's also completely unfair in areas such as sports where a "transgender" male pretending to be a girl wins because of body muscle mass provided by male DNA in every single cell in "her" body. THAT is a travesty of justice right there. The Trump administration is following science, not revisionist crap you find in 'gender studies' courses that have a political agenda. Talk about fake news; there's a good example.

edit on 10/21/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Most societies throughout history have acknowledged people born into the wrong gender.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And in every instance of humanity you can find a minority and exception for every possible counter argument to any social commentary....ever.

Point is, the species never changed no matter the societies it birthed.

edit on 10 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join