It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ultra religious people become Pharmacists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
it is stupidity, hasnt got anything to do with being ultra religious. I'd expect ultra religious not to sell any medicine at all. But it doesnt necessarily mean they are totally out of pharmaceutical business.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Although i do not concede with the decision of the Pharmacist, I have to mention a critical and relevant information to the discussion, before it turns out another "Baker refused..." story. Apparently there is a Pharmacist Conscience Clause for such cases. Here is the relevant part :

Conscience clauses give pharmacists the right to refuse to perform certain services if it violates their religious or personal beliefs or values. Most conscience-related policies focus on the pharmacist dispensing emergency contraception. Emergency contraception is used to disrupt fertilization or ovulation, not terminate a pregnancy, and is a general term used to describe several different types of birth control pills that are used in increased doses within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

Full link Here : Pharmacist Conscience Clauses : Laws and Information

Also there was a similar case on June 2018, where a Walgreens Pharmacist refused to fill woman’s prescription for miscarriage medication. Some key points taken from the article.

An Arizona woman’s Facebook post went viral after a Walgreens pharmacist refused to fill her prescription for medication to end an inviable pregnancy.

Declining to fill a prescription on the basis of moral beliefs is not against Walgreens’ company policy.

Arizona and five other states permit pharmacies and pharmacists to refuse medication on the basis of religious or moral grounds.

Full link to the article here : Walgreens Pharmacist refused to fill woman’s prescription for miscarriage medication

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I’m really getting to a point where I’m gonna start burning Catholic churces to the ground.

This religion, and many others have caused more suffering than good. When will the world wake up?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

ok so there is a conscience clause, however where was that conscience when she told him that her baby already
died?

Also, if the pharmacist really still had a problem, he should have just stepped aside

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The pharmacist was an idiot, but you're also being a bigot.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Organized religion is essentially Widepath Satanism, and pharmakia is witchcraft.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to be accessary to murder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join