It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ultra religious people become Pharmacists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com... jKW7FoQ8XDSYnpkQmAyKFfYJFJM

Pharmacist refuses to fill prescription for Michigan woman who miscarried

I'm sick of stories like these.
"A Michigan woman is demanding answers after a pharmacist refused to fill a prescription medically necessary for her miscarriage."
She didn't want to have major surgery, so her Dr. prescribed the medication instead.

"He told her in good conscience that he couldn't fill her prescription because he's a good Catholic male and then accused her of trying to end her pregnancy,"

He basically called her a liar, and wouldn't transfer her prescription or let her talk to another pharmacist. This poor poor woman, devastated by the loss of her baby now has to deal with this azzhat.

It's fine if you don't believe in abortion, it really is, or if you do believe in it, as it is legal in every state (to a certain point). It seems a lot of these pharmacists are pushing their beliefs on the customer. How about find another line of work. BTW do you see pharmacists stopping people abusing opioids, isn't that a sin to commit suicide? It is a very slippery slope. It would be one thing if these holy than thou pharmacist simply quietly stepped aside and let someone else finish the prescription, but that's not happening. If you read some of the comments regarding this case it is sickening, people are telling that woman she should keep her legs closed and crap like that, how sick is that?

I think it is a lot like Hobby Lobby, that didn't want to provide birth control (again religious yada yada) but one stoll through Hobby Lobby will show you that 90% of their crap is from China, and we won't even go into their "family planning" practices. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another reason why I do not affiliate with mainstream religions.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pharmacist should be fired and lose his ability to ever be one again.

Pharmacists don't get to second guess doctors, ever.

Imposing your personal religious beliefs on others is against the constitution.

Being Catholic, you have to ignore an awful lot about the practices of your own church to claim the moral high ground.

Then again, raping little boys never leads to abortion so, there is that.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just doing the lords work by casting judgment on others. The real sad part is this might not be the first time he has done it. What if he dosent approve of your hedonistic prescriptions and gives you B vitimens instead?

Real scary stuff. He is payed to make pills in the correct dosage not preach his beliefs and his opinions. He shouldn’t even open his mouth unless it’s work related.

edit on 21-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think it is a lot like Hobby Lobby, that didn't want to provide birth control (again religious yada yada) but one stoll through Hobby Lobby will show you that 90% of their crap is from China, and we won't even go into their "family planning" practices. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

She could go to a different pharmacy, but I was with you until you got here. Now I'm confused. So you think Hobby Lobby should not sell products made in China because you don't like the Chinese government's family planning policies? Seems like a stretch. I mean, maybe a vegan shouldn't shop in a grocery store that also sells meat and milk. Or Muslims and Jews shouldn't shop in a store that also sells bacon. I know! You shouldn't buy anything made in California because they don't fully support the Second Amendment!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Pharmacist should be fired and lose his ability to ever be one again.

Pharmacists don't get to second guess doctors, ever.

While we do not second guess doctors, we do have a legal corresponding responsibility when dispensing. Doctors are humans, and make mistakes.....in my time I have caught quite a few.

that said, this pharmacist should be disciplined by the board of pharmacy for their state. If he didnt want to fill it, for the love of god, just transfer it to a place that will. it would have easily solved the issue in short order.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Awwww yea, I hate when that happens.
edit on 21-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
She had a miscarriage. The pill helps with the effects of the left over birth by getting rid of it preventing complications and infections.

a reply to: Plotus

I see you changed your post I’ll leave mine up just for clarification.
edit on 21-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My guess much more than reported.

A quick google, here is another case, just in June in Arizona
www.cnn.com...

This is from 2015 at shows that it is a problem in at least 25 states
www.pharmacytimes.com...

She didn't want a miscarriage, she had a miscarriage, the baby died in her but did not come out. She was prescribed the medication so that it would be expelled or she would have to have surgery.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
She had a miscarriage. The pill helps with the effects of the left over birth by getting rid of it preventing complications and infections.

I see you changed your post I’ll leave mine up just for clarification.
Yep sometimes my responses are AWKWARD and not too popular. I can be a jerk...

But yea, Athelos, thanks for the clarification.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sounds like it has less to do with the pharmacist being religious than it does with him being a f# idiot.

The real question is: why is the state giving retarded people licenses to distribute drugs?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

She could go to a different pharmacy,

She did go to another pharmacy hours away, but she shouldn't have to.

Hobby Lobby -wanted a "religious exemption" regarding birth control for of course religious reasons.

I would be totally fine if this were just a monetary decision, but you can't say it is about religion and saving babies. Then to turn around and sell most of your items from a country that has one of the worst if not the worst record on forced abortions etc. During the one child policy, we're talking late late term abortion. Hobby Lobby sure is mum about that. It is hypocritical, just like that pharmacist.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If a pharmacist does not agree with a person ending a pregnancy with drugs bought through them, they should have the right to refuse if they want. That person can go to another Pharmacy and get it from someone without a conscience.

The pharmacy here does not sell all drugs, they don't stock everything and can't or won't get some meds. They just tell you to go to a different pharmacy. I had that problem one time when prescribed a med for a serious infection, they told me they won't cary that med because of price and side effects. It did cure my very serious infection, but four pills cost over a hundred twenty bucks. That was back in the eighties, I had gotten bit by an insect and my leg would not heal, I think it could have been a spider. The neighbor got bit too, he was not prescribed my med at first, the price shocked him and he got a cheaper one.

Some pharmacies will not get a med if they feel the price is too high, they are just looking out for their customers.
edit on 21-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I didn’t take your response as being a jerk it’s just lacked reading comprehension.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

rickymouse, but this lady WASN't ending a pregnancy! Her baby already died. So what right is it for a pharmacist to refuse medication to expel it? Please tell me what religious beliefs prevent him from prescribing that to her? There is none. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: rickymouse

rickymouse, but this lady WASN't ending a pregnancy! Her baby already died. So what right is it for a pharmacist to refuse medication to expel it? Please tell me what religious beliefs prevent him from prescribing that to her? There is none. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

The pharmacist might not have believed the woman. I mean, one call to the doctor by the pharmacist would have cleared that up but with client confidentiality being a big part of medical the pharmacist might not have been able to get that info. The women could have just went to another pharmacy, that is what we would have done. Then we would have transferred any business we do to another pharmacy also. This should have never hit the net and been blown out of proportion. Everyone has beliefs, if something goes against your belief you should not be forced to do it.

I turned down lots of work because people wanted me to lower my standards and just slap things together with inferior materials and use practices that did not meet code or what I felt was safe or right. Should I be required to have taken those jobs? I was going to start a store called the lamppost, I would have sold high quality lights at medium quality prices, always on sale. I would not sell something I thought was not right, should I have been forced to stock cheap junk for those who wanted it or glamorous looking lights with inferior electrical components?

The customer should not have a sayso in what you want to sell, they either buy what you have or go elsewhere. Same with meds, if I had a pharmacy, I would not sell half the meds out there and surely not all of the otc meds with confusing boxes. Half the time people get the wrong kind of cold remedy or sinus meds, they are unaware of which one to buy for what they have. Now, if the pharmacist is not busy, they could help you to decide, but they are so busy these days they do not have time.

I had a pharmacist call the doctor and tell her I was reacting badly to the med she was giving me, I was all swollen up and she had to argue with the doctor to get her to alter the med. The doctor never called back with a different med, stubborn, and the pharmacist said I should not refill the prescription and nobody else should either. My condition cleared up no thanks to the doctor, the pharmacist helped me. I have gotten information on things from pharmacists quite a few times, they are very helpful. Been doing that for forty some years. They know a lot about medicines, I think they know more most times than doctors do about meds and side effects. Well, I suppose that is their specialty.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The pharmacists reaction is a perfect example of irrationality that exists within preconceived notions. The woman having to go to another pharmacist miles away, was not only hit with time such as maybe they'd be closed by the time she arrived to having that extra gas money, it could have exacerbated a growing infection from the bodies rejection when it cannot cleanse itself. It may be argued, possibly even by the law, that he put her at risk due to choosing not to help her.
edit on 21-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Leave your stupid #ing religious hang ups at home, don't bring them to the job.

If you can't do your job because your an idiot zealot you should be fired immediately.

# you, # your face, # your God(s).

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
because Mk ultra recipents require steady stream of medications

top topics

<<   2 >>

join