It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No comments allowed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Once again, the great "middle ground" people sweep in to protect lefties - for God knows what reason other than they are probably left wing themselves on the inside.

Or calling it as we see it.

The left have a majority of the media outlets, so they put out the most stories.

Of course there is going to be pushback.

But reality is both sides use different techniques in silencing/discrediting opposition.

They take away the comments while the right calls them fake news. Which I'll say there is some validity to, at least in the sense they don't report news so much as push their opinions. It's hard to find a article that isn't filled with bias and buzz words these days.

But both sides want the polarization and are achieving such.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

I just went to the article he listed...7,677 comments currently. Perhaps you have the site blocked?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Nope, I don't have the sit blocked. Did you look at the screenshot I linked?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: BenignChaos
The right wing media does the same. It's been going on for quite some time. Is it not hypocritical to call someone out for doing the same thing your side does?

It has already been established that media sites in general are moving to stop comments. You got that part, right? It's NOT just a left wing nor a right wing issue. Yet here you are still playing the same game. "it's not us, it's the other guys!" Jesus Friggin' Christ, guys! Step away from your ideology for two seconds and recognize this for what it is. Comments sections are toxic so media in general (not just left and not just right) is moving to cut them out, period.

You are incorrect the premise of my post is accurate. Left wing sites are dramatically less open to public comment. Once again, the great "middle ground" people sweep in to protect lefties - for God knows what reason other than they are probably left wing themselves on the inside.

It’s the concern trolling of politics. Ironically enough, they only contribute to polarization instead of alleviate it.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Now 7,722...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Still not showing any for me. How odd indeed. No Fox News story does.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yes I did...I have no idea what you’re trying to demonstrate with it? It’s not even the article at the link at foxnews he gave you...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Now 7,748. I won’t update anymore, but obvious it’s open and working (and active!)

Not sure why you can’t see them. Do you give it a few seconds to load?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yes it is. I went to the link he sent, went to the bottom, and took a screenshot. Care to offer proof to invalidate this, because I still have the same link open.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

More than a few seconds on multiple stories. I would rather see a news site with an active comment section. But if you say it is active and updating, I will take you on your word and admit being incorrect.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yes it is. I went to the link he sent, went to the bottom, and took a screenshot. Care to offer proof to invalidate this, because I still have the same link open.

I’m still not sure what you’re wanting validated. I do use firefox as my browser...maybe try that.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

You're doing something wrong 7,883 comments and counting.

Go the bottom of the page let it finish loading, then the comments will load. It does the little page up trick sites often use to get you to inadvertently click on advertising.
edit on 10/21/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Not sure what to tell you, but I see open comments in every single article I check. No need to screen shot. Maybe they blocked you for some reason. I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No need to comment. The Left is hanging themselves pretty well, according to the accurate polls.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I've already admitted being wrong. Does having the integrity to own up to a mistake mean nothing anymore?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Kinda sounds like it might be a You problem... my guess would be ip ban or adblocker...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It may be something on my end, I am not sure. But I've manned up and admitted that I was wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

For the fourth time now, I have admitted being wrong. I don't think I should have to say that four times.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It may be something on my end, I am not sure. But I've manned up and admitted that I was wrong.

No problem. I’ll admit I can’t figure out how to post a screenshot I took on my iPad that would have ended this a while ago

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My town is rabid left wing / progressive. The local newspaper doesn't even pretend to be non-biased. The comments section used to be anonymous and there were quite a few dissenting (conservative voices) who would comment and offer a different perspective; in most cases, totally destroying the editorials and articles with logic and reason.

The newspaper then required everyone to comment through Facebook. They used some lame excuse about getting rid of trolls and inappropriate comments. The reality is there was very little inappropriate comments. Because you have to use Facebook to comment, there are maybe only three or four conservative voices now. Mostly old geezers who don't give a flip if anyone knows them as they don't have anything to lose. Think Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino.

Because the town is so rabidly progressive, a lot of conservatives don't want to be known to have opposing views so they don't comment anymore since it is no longer anonymous. Liberals have shown themselves not very tolerant of differing view points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join