It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No comments allowed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Every so often I go ahead and read some left wing article just to make sure that I am still right about practically everything to do with modern life. I notice lately that so many of the left leaning news outlets no longer allow comments.

Are they doing so to protect people from being triggered?

Are they doing so because the majority of comments are right leaning and they no longer want to see them as they sort of show that their view is NOT the common view?

Either way, it does not bode well for the purveyors of the modern left.

And I do suppose this is sort of a trolling post. Come on though, no comments allowed on Huffpost, none allowed on Vox, CBS/NBC/ABC...Should I check more? What am I missing? Why do the sources the left trusts not allow comment? I see NYT still does so there is that.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Piff !

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Every so often I go ahead and read some left wing article just to make sure that I am still right about practically everything to do with modern life. I notice lately that so many of the left leaning news outlets no longer allow comments.

Are they doing so to protect people from being triggered?

Are they doing so because the majority of comments are right leaning and they no longer want to see them as they sort of show that their view is NOT the common view?

Either way, it does not bode well for the purveyors of the modern left.

And I do suppose this is sort of a trolling post. Come on though, no comments allowed on Huffpost, none allowed on Vox, CBS/NBC/ABC...Should I check more? What am I missing? Why do the sources the left trusts not allow comment? I see NYT still does so there is that.

I've noticed this as well. NYTs censors comments, especially opposing viewpoints.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The common sense arguments and educated discourse are greatly hurting the globalist/leftist message and thusly the censorship we are seeing across the social media spectrum.

It's obvious and there is no other reason. TPTB prefer a triggered base--so it's not that--therefore leaving the attempt to stifle logic as all that's left as to the question of "why."

When you think about it, this is the first time in our modern history that the social engineers--primarily working through (mostly) the sold-out & corrupted MSM--have failed to this degree. There's desperation as they try to adjust to a new paradigm and an ever-increasingly aware, and growing, portion of the population.

edit on 21-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Because they know what they say can easily proven wrong.

They are blinded by hate against their president. Because... Well just because

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

They don't want their lies and fake news debunked instantly.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Every political "discussion" now is so vitriolic that it's more about demonizing and defeating the "enemy" at all costs. Move the goal posts, change definitions, make up lingo for anything and everything if it supports your side. Nobody discusses to learn or improve their understanding. I see this on both sides, but mainly far left. They tend to shout down people, use chants, and just generally avoid discussion at all.

Book burning is back in style, it seems.

I see many people on the right interested and open to debate but very few on the left. I'd love to hear some strong intellectual debaters on the left. I could list a plethora on the right. Because right now we're getting nowhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Probably because Right wingers are the biggest internet trolls there are.

No worries, you can always make a thread here on ATS or any other social site out there to let out your inner troll.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Another option often used is manipulation of the reactions to comments.

To whit, check it the thread by MotherMayEye from during the last presidential election titled, "Something happened today at the Daily Mail? sHillbots.."

As you can see, this can have as much of an effect as not allowing comments.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I notice the same thing and find it has been going on for a while. I believe they don't want the sheeple to be told an opinion different from theirs. Egg on the face hurts especially if it's hard-boiled.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Probably because Right wingers are the biggest internet trolls there are.

No worries, you can always make a thread here on ATS or any other social site out there to let out your inner troll.

I said it was somewhat a troll post. I admitted as much. So that aside, why do you think so many left wing sites are not allowing comments?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Nothing you could say could improve upon the great words written on these sites.

/sarc

link   

I bet a thousand dollars that all the places that disable comments are also all the places that can't meme.

just a hunch.

link   
They don't want to get exposed.

💥😎💥

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It likely has to do with the spreading and often engaging propagandized articles we have seen so often from foreign entities. They are sometimes seized, and dispersed wildly, to the detriment of our democracy.

Case in point: pizzagate. Lies and damaging, and had to be stopped. Stopping it was the judicious route.

Unfortunately, some are unable to discern lies from what's real, and I agree it is difficult at times, as it is done by professionals who are able to mix in just a tad of truth to make it palatable to swallow. I agree we should not allow it when it is identified.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It probably has to do with the left and the right both feeling so ideologically superior that there is no more constructive debate.... Or at least it's very rare.

They probably got tired of people bickering. No one is changing their minds anyways, on either side.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's not just left wing sites but media outlets in general. It's easy to see why. One article can generate five thousand comments and the 'conversation' is generally toxic. What earthly good are 5,000 comments on an article? Will any one change any minds? Of course not, so why bother? Responding to comments is an exercise in futility. Whether you want to set a flat-earther straight or school someone on what you think the Constitution REALLY means, comment sections are largely useless. These media outlets have grown tired of the need to police them, so they are removing them. Can't blame them myself.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Me and you posted the same response at the same time, noice.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Even in this thread you can see that both sides are blaming the other side and self validating as a conclusion.

This trend is only going to intensify, further polarizing everyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There are far more of these left “journalistic” sites that prohibit comments. I use SmartNews, a news consolidation app, and daily I read quite a bit from all sides. Every once in a while I’ll read something I want to comment on because facts in the article are anything but (and easily proven false with verifiable published research). 100% of the time, there is no avenue to comment, and thus no way for anyone to encourage the publication to correct their erroneous article.

My guess as to why is that it’s so the false narrative(s) the left has been pushing since November 2016 cannot be refuted (even with evidence) so that the lefts bubble of their philosophies remains intact. It as if you can actually see the authors with their fingers in their screaming “na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na”...ad nauseam.

But as I wrote above, just a guess. Could be they just don’t know how to flip the switch!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join