It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They're so consumed with their appearance. I doubt they'd even notice.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

People have the right to their lives and all the legislation in the world won't change that. Their lives are not yours to command. You literally have no right, nor does the government, to tell a person who they are.

You are calling for a restriction on their freedom to be themselves. They have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness just as we all do.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

To enact laws that restrict people's lives? That is not democratic. That is taking their right to decide who they are away. And no, America is a Federal Republic. It is not a democracy.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

So because they identify as a different gender they are somehow insane? That's your view? How intolerant to even think that way. I am glad the rest of the "sane" world does not share the same bigoted view as you.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

Eugene Volokh of the UCLA School of Law notes that the United States exemplifies the varied nature of a democratic republic—a country where some decisions (often local) are made by direct democratic processes, while others (often federal) are made by democratically elected representatives

interpretation

The needs of the minority to not outweigh those of the overwhelming majority.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
So because they identify as a different gender they are somehow insane?

To put it bluntly, yes, yes they are.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You are calling for a restriction on their freedom to be themselves. They have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness just as we all do.

No, the purported memo calls for establishing a legal definition of a term. Nobody is taking away anyone's right to life, liberty, or happiness. Nobody.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The rights of ALL should not be infringed upon. They have every RIGHT as Americans to be who they are. To take that away is Unamerican and utterly despicable. Gender laws are nothing short of Fascist in nature.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: angeldoll
Trump's agenda to restore 1950's policies and morality is sure making progress.

How long 'till he decides all 'non-whites' have to sit in the back of the bus?

name one thing Trump has done to legislate morality

He's promoting it verbally, and by his own actions. You know, grabbing genitals, lying every time his lips move, and additionally encouraging racism and xenophobia, oppressing persons of differing religions, sexual orientation and furthering that sort of 1950's mentality. All that bs is immoral. He's adding to it, to take from the poor, give it to the rich. Just your usual ignorant brute - knuckle dragging behaviors and thought processes.

You're familiar with that kind of thinking aren't you? He exudes it. Everything a person doesn't want to be.
(in my book)

I see you didn't like my little smart arse comment? Sorry not sorry.

Try again. None of what you mentioned was legislating morality. Also I am pretty sure in the 50's Truman and Eisenhower weren't running around grabbing their crotches, but that's hilarious to imagine.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Navieko

So because they identify as a different gender they are somehow insane?

Pretty much. Although insane, while not a clinical term, kind of implies inability to function on their own, which isn't the case here. Mentally ill is more accurate.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The rights of ALL should not be infringed upon. They have every RIGHT as Americans to be who they are. To take that away is Unamerican and utterly despicable. Gender laws are nothing short of Fascist in nature.

If minorities were able to get their way as they like using your logical argument would turn America into like that movie escape from LA/Newyork.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They're so consumed with their appearance. I doubt they'd even notice.

The word Transgendered confuses me. Are these people who had operations to CHANGE their gender? I see Memes of Michelle Obama adjusting her crotch. People say she's transgendered. But she looks like a woman.

Was Michelle Obama born as a man, and changed some of her body, but not all of it, over to a woman?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yes, it is. Their very lives would be changed because of it.

No one has a right to dictate how the identify. No one has the right to check genitals. No one has the right to do any sort of gender based genetic testing to check. Their personal lives, their identities, and their happiness are not up to be changed on the whim of anyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

a reply to: MRinder

So you would restrict a person's right to decide their own gender should they feel more comfortable?

You are literally denying a person their right to self-determination because of petty reasons.

The difference between you and I? I fully respect their decision. What I will never respect are nosey people who try and say otherwise.

It is not, nor will it ever be, the government's place to tell people how to identify.

Wrong person. I never said that.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Don't be.

It's a made up word.

Theres no such thing.

Male,Female,Hermaphrodite.

The last one are the only ones that get to decide. Since they were born with both.
edit on 21-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So according to you the minorities should bow down and accept the ruling of the majority. No. That is not how this country works. We are NOT a MOB DEMOCRACY.

You are talking about dictating the lives of these people. Their lives are not up to be commanded and disturbed.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Alright, this is like talking to a rock. I'm out. Have fun in Fantasyland.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I apologize. The advertisements on the mobile site make navigating and typing difficult at times.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The only rocks are the ones who think they can control the lives of others based upon intolerant ways of thinking. If their lives are up to be changed on a whim, then so is yours.

Your life should be dictated just as theirs would be, since it's only fair.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yes, it is. Their very lives would be changed because of it.

No one has a right to dictate how the identify. No one has the right to check genitals. No one has the right to do any sort of gender based genetic testing to check. Their personal lives, their identities, and their happiness are not up to be changed on the whim of anyone.

Sounds like you know all this shtuff from first hand experience.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join