It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What about things like X? Or XXX? Or XXXY? Or XX male syndrome? Or... I can keep going if you want. The belief that sex ends with XX or XY is wholly unscientific and not at all in line with reality.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What about things like X? Or XXX? Or XXXY? Or XX male syndrome? Or... I can keep going if you want. The belief that sex ends with XX or XY is wholly unscientific and not at all in line with reality.

Since you have given this some thought and consideration, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my take on this...

It seems to me that this demonstrates that gender means nothing more than what sex organs we're born with.

Indeed, given the multiple possible combinations of sex chromosomes, combined with varying levels and ratios of sex hormones produced by each individual, and the different environmental endocrine-disrupting toxins in various amounts and concentrations and proportions, isn't it more accurate to say there are as many gender "identities" as there are people? That no two people can never and therefore will never experience their gender the same?

To what extent would the transgender phenomenon die a natural death if society stopped defining people by their genitals?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I guess we need to ask ourselves, "If Trump defines Transgender out of existence, does that mean that this issue just goes away and there are no more transgender people in American society?" ... If so, I wonder what kind of magic wand Trump has? I also always thought that America was 'Land of the Free'

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
I guess we need to ask ourselves, "If Trump defines Transgender out of existence, does that mean that this issue just goes away and there are no more transgender people in American society?" ... If so, I wonder what kind of magic wand Trump has? I also always thought that America was 'Land of the Free'

Well, it's just pandering to he most ignorant of is support base.

The sad part is many of is support base know its ignorant, however they displaced the blame of their ignorant behavior onto someone else.

Personal responsibility just flies out the window when its convenient.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Actually, it is very much in line with it.

Aberrations happen in nature. This is perfectly in line with reality. In this case, it is called a birth defect.

The problem begins when you try to redefine aberrations/birth defects as anything other than that.

I'm not saying people who suffer from such are 'bad', any more than someone suffering from any other birth defect is 'bad'.

While people suffering from such birth defects do indeed have the right to pretend that their aberration is some kind of new previously unknown sex (or 'gender'') if they so choose, what I am saying is that they do not have is some kind of right to force others to believe it too.

It is my belief (and unlike the radical leftists, I am not going to try to get laws passed requiring that you believe as I do) that the majority (vast majority?) of these kinds of birth defects are due to the large amount of toxic chemicals, many of which are hormone mimickers. Another indicator of this problem is how early children are entering puberty compared to before these chemicals were introduced into our public food and water supplies.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
There's always a debate regarding the actual size of the transgender population in the U.S. But in this case, I'm calling BS on the NYT's part.

There's no way in hell there are 2.5 million ( or .7% of the total population ) trans people in the U.S.
I live in one of the most progressive, deep blue, trans-friendly areas in the nation, and it's not even close. Not to mention that every other report available puts that number closer to 1 million. To inflate those numbers is dishonest and immediately discredits anything the NYT has to say on the issue.

I agree thats very high considering when they called it gender identity disorder and was tracked by psychologists they claimed it effected about 0.005% to 0.014% of the population.

So either its become significantly more prevalent than in the past or they made up the numbers.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think you are missing the point. Men and women think differently. Some people who are born male seem to have a female brain and visa versa. In our society, the culture of men and women are different so it only makes sense for some people to want to be included in the opposite culture from which they were born.

The research into the differences between transgender brains and cisgender brains is in its infancy, but scientists have found some differences.

Why should it be illegal to be a transgender? Is it harming anyone? It is a personal choice.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Why should it be illegal to be a transgender? Is it harming anyone? It is a personal choice.

Ummm... who said anything about making it illegal to believe whatever you want to believe about yourself?

It is the radical trans-whatevers that want to make something illegal... they want to make it illegal for me to refuse to buy into whatever they have decided to believe, and be forced at gunpoint to pander to their delusions.

So, once again...

Believe whatever the frack you want to believe. Call yourself an Trans-Autobot for all I care. Just don't insist that I play along.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Ummm... who said anything about making it illegal to believe whatever you want to believe about yourself?

If it doesn't have a legal definition, it is illegal. Not necessarily criminal, but not legal either.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: torok67
a reply to: Mahogany

It really has nothing to do with rights. You are born either male or female (except for a tminiscule amount with the birth defect where they contain both) .

You're aware that people who identify as transgender are roughly as minuscule an amount as those who have 'birth defects' right?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So which bathroom do you want them to use? What sports teams do they join? How do you want to count them for EEOC statistics?

Are they male (XY) or female (XX)?

So if they're XX and taking testosterone, you think they should play against other women?

How in gods name could you possibly infer that from my response?

XY = male. XX = female. PERIOD.

There are only two sexes. PERIOD.

Yeah, no. There are men that are XX and women who are XY - including some who have given birth.

I will grant that most require donated eggs, but there's at least one case of chimerism in an otherwise XY woman which allowed normal pregnancy. Her condition was discovered after trying to get pregnant with an infertile husband (she had previously had a child).

It's an open question as to how many people might differ from the XX / XY paradigm, because most people are not genetically tested.
edit on 22Thu, 25 Oct 2018 22:39:26 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Why do you have to buy into it? You don't have to be transgender. You are probably known as a straight male. What, in particular, don't you like about the situation right now? If you see a man dressed as a woman do you want the right to harass her or refuse her service or refuse her a job? What about a woman who has transformed into a man?

It is relatively rare to meet people like this, but I have met five or more throughout my life. They are people just like you or me and have a history and reasoning behind their choices to change genders. They just want to be treated equally. They want to be hired for a job based on their skills, and to be served in a restaurant just like anyone else.

Where I would draw the line would be if we were expected to date transgender people even if we didn't want to. I can see the reasoning on the right that the bathroom issue could be "dangerous" but statistics don't bear that out. In sports, there could be an issue with whether a transgender is considered a male or female. I could see an issue with someone getting surgery before the age of 18.
edit on 26amFri, 26 Oct 2018 04:56:28 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If it doesn't have a legal definition, it is illegal. Not necessarily criminal, but not legal either.

That is a completely nonsensical statement.

try again...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yeah, no. There are men that are XX and women who are XY - including some who have given birth.

As I freely admitted earlier, aberrations happen in nature, so what?

I feel for anyone who is dealing with any kind of birth defect - as long as they don't try to force me at gunpoint to pretend that reality isn't real.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Why do you have to buy into it?

Seriously? This entire thread is precisely about the fact that the trans-activists are trying to force everyone, at gunpoint, myself included, to 'buy into it'.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A role figure of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If someone wants to be transgender, does that realistically effect you in a negative way? What right do you have to deny them freedom?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If someone wants to be transgender, does that realistically effect you in a negative way? What right do you have to deny them freedom?

Oh, you are one of those who are incapable of reading with comprehension anything that 'someone you hate' says.

For anyone else reading this... AGAIN... I don't give a rats a$$ what anyone wants to believe about themselves, I simply draw the line when they try to force others, at gunpoint, to 'believe' it too.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join