It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
How does any side win this argument? They can't agree on what the definition of the word even is. One side says "gender is of biology and is scientific", and the other side says "No, it is feeling and a social construct." Where do you begin to meet? I believe in personal liberties of all kinds until it begins to harm others, as in the case of tran women competing in sports against women, when they have potentially 20x the amount of testerone. Or forcing others to admit that you're a man/woman when any sort of test of your genes could disprove that statement. There's something very ironic I've always found in a transgendered man feeling like he doesn't fit in where society deems he should, so she/he begins to dress and appear as society deems a woman should. It speaks more to society than anything else.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

There are plenty of things that have been a problem for humans for a long time. That does not mean we make policy to facilitate an extreme minority who are faced with only personal choices in today's society. Save your faux outrage, I am not interested in your virtue signaling.
edit on 22 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
originally posted by: game over man

Talk about a pre-programmed NPC response. This is what you sound like:

Edit:

Dont sorry, so as to not "dehumanize" you, I generate these specifically for the individual NPCs I encounter.

edit on 22 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
He may loose the 0.07% of trans voters. But gain a huge percent on people with young daughters that dont want them to be followed into toilets buy a biological male in a dress.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
a reply to: diggindirt

What gives the government the right to say? How a person identifies has no business being regulated by someone else. It is not a political matter.

And it is hypocritical for the Trump admin to call upon science when they cannot understand climate science.

You are absolutely right, it's not a political matter. It's a matter of science. You may "identify" as anything you dang well please.

The government got involved because certain people decided to invite the government into their bedrooms by putting their sex lives on display and making demands that their sex lives be acknowledged. I have no interest whatsoever in what you do in your bedroom. That's the big area of interest for Democrats and Republicans. I'm neither. Nobody has been able to explain to me why my gender or sexuality should make one bit of difference to any government agency and how any "rights" would be affected by said gender, sexual preference or race.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

What, do you think the millions of crazy lefties weren't already going to vote? Trump has made the political calculation that he's not going to depress lefty turnout, he needs to turn out the right. That's why he's doing this. The crazies that will be pissed about this were going to turn out anyway, so no harm done. But it will mobilize some of those on the right who may otherwise sit out.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

And what about all the people on the Right and in the center that will be pissed about this? The massive backlash to North Carolina's bathroom bill didn't just come from the Left.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Mahogany

I see the story as an election trick by anti-Trump operatives.

😎👋

Thank you! That's what I'm thinking... Coming from the NYT was my first clue... Anonymous sources was my second... And the third is that it's been "circulating" since last spring but only now being leaked? No way.

Trump doesn't need to energize his base, and if he did want to use this to do so, would have.

Nope. This is the desperate left trying to scare a few more voters to the polls because "Trump"!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There’s always been outliers.
To change the rules to accomodate a few does not make sense.

Although I think this is fake news to anger the lgbtqindkl community.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Dfairlite

And what about all the people on the Right and in the center that will be pissed about this? The massive backlash to North Carolina's bathroom bill didn't just come from the Left.

Most of which was prompted by virtue-signalling corps who decided to cut economics from the state? How much was anger over the bathroom and how much was prompted by the economics?

Gee, that's a nice state. Sure would be a shame if we knee-capped it because you didn't go along with what we wanted ...

Not a whole lot different than people worried about being fired if they say the wrong thing at work now.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

It's not even that. There are ways to change the rules in this instance that do not require the abolition of the women's restrooms and changing rooms. Transsexuals are such a minority that one or two family spots in most places would be more than enough to accommodate.

But that wasn't enough. They needed to be fully out and in your face. Revisit what I said about some things remaining private.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Trannys are a race now WOW!!! Please load your next pre programmed line below!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ahh Republicans, the party of the people unless you're a colored person, trans/gay, have a different religion, a woman or whatever they feel threatened by. LMAO

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.

nytimes.com

Is this really necessary two weeks before the elections? To anger a couple million people?

According to the article there are about 0.7% transgender people in our population. That makes about 2.5 million people, most I would say of voting age since the majority are not infants, but adults or nearly adults. That's a lot of voting population!

Now, I believe this election will be all about immigration and tolerance. About humanity. With 5,000 immigrants now leaving Southern Mexico, as reported today, and heading north, that is bound to double or triple by the time it reaches us at election time. This will be all over the news and our response to this will shape the outcome of the elections. I think it's brainstormed this way, the pamphlets may have been given out months ahead of time in preparation for this exodus. But now it's too late and no one can turn the caravan away... we will have to deal with it politically.

Is it really necessary to throw another crisis on top of it? Jesus Christ, it's like no one thinks ahead on this kinda stuff in the White House. Do a couple million transgender people and all the supporters beside them need to be angered at the very same time?

Is placating the small group of evangelicals who do support this enough to offset the nation-wide protests it may spark at already contentious times?

Note: I am not asking if you agree or not that they are the gender they feel they are, I am not asking on how genetics work or how psychology and physiology work... I am asking about how this will influence the elections politically.

There is far more religious nuts than 2 millions. It was all very well calculated along with migrant crisis. Rule your people by fear. Worked in religions for millenia and works in politics very well.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: GreenGunther

It's not even that. There are ways to change the rules in this instance that do not require the abolition of the women's restrooms and changing rooms. Transsexuals are such a minority that one or two family spots in most places would be more than enough to accommodate.

But that wasn't enough. They needed to be fully out and in your face. Revisit what I said about some things remaining private.

Indeed, it’s attention seeking behaviour.
I’m sure it’s still something left over from childhood, didn’t get enough attention as kids so now they force you to look because they’re screaming at the top of their lungs.

I honestly have no problem with lgbtq+.
My only issue is that they like to make it an issue.

As far as I’m concerned, as long as you’re not harming a living creature directly or indirectly you can do and identify as you please. Just leave me out of it

But I can see how this complicates things for the medical industry, a field which relies on biology and facts.
Memebers of the lgbtq+ community need to understand that the average human deals with facts, not feelings and we don’t always know what others are feeling.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Same here. I'm not trying to force them to be other than they are, but they don't understand that they're trying to force me to be other than I am.

That person my sincerely believe he is a she, but when we are both in a common changing room. I see a naked man no matter how much his mind tells him he is a she. And being naked with a strange man is very, very uncomfortable for me. It's bad enough being naked with strange women. At this point, I feel like my rights are very much being violated just to accommodate this other person.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Let us bring back the bottom line to the laws. That is common sense.
Here Ye a new law is created that say:
One person has no right to force their delusion on another no matter how much they believe themselves its real.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Dear god I’m lucky I never find myself in a changing room.
I only take my clothes off at home. I suppose that makes me privileged as well

I still live in a country where a man would get the sh!t kicked outta him for being in a ladies dressing room.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Wait! It is being alleged that the administration run by Trump wants to use actual science to direct policy and the opposition are calling them monsters? .

Science shows that close to 1.7% of births are visibly intersex.

en.wikipedia.org...

A larger percent are born with genes that define one sex and genitalia that lean the other way, only becoming apparent around the time of puberty.

discovermagazine.com...

Nature assigns gender on a spectrum, not a binary determination.

At least up until recent times, doctors would often simply "choose" a sex when it wasn't visually clear and perform surgery on the baby to accommodate.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Science shows that close to 1.7% of births are visibly intersex.

That's bull#. Wikipedias owned by the NWO making up misleading stats.
We that have all grown up to be adults no their is clear discernment between men and woman. How many of your remembered 1.7% of gender hybrids in school?

We wont let fabricated stats rolls our common sense.

edit on 22-10-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join