It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Ironic would it be if the US pays to help secure Mexico's Southern Border??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Everyone remembers when Trump said he is building a wall and Mexico will pay. I can't speak for Mexican people but I think that probably chapped their hide. I doubt those words were forgotten.

www.theatlantic.com...
This is a long article titled Mexico's revenge, but it is well worth the read.

check out these numbers!!

largely stanching the flow of migrants. From 2014 through July 2016, with American prodding, the Mexicans detained approximately 425,000 migrants who were attempting to make their way to the United States.

Right now i've seen reports of anywhere from 1K to 4K migrants, 425K migrants is a whole other ballpark!

If Mexico were to conclude that there is little upside to its expensive efforts, the U.S. could find itself facing a genuine immigration crisis.

This article was from May 2017 and completely and accurately foreshadows exactly what is happening and what is going to happen.

These scenarios may seem unimaginably distant, especially under current political circumstances.

After reading all of that, is this a game of chicken between the US and Mexico using people from Honduras and El Salvador as pawns?
How Ironic would it be if the US helps pay to secure Mexico's Southern border?

I'm starting to see a lot of articles like this "working with Mexico is Key":
thehill.com...

We sure do seem awful friendly with Mexico now!
www.usatoday.com...
“We welcome the Government of Mexico’s statement that they will seek cooperation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to address immigration issues in the region, including the influx of people arriving in Mexico,” he said in a statement. “The United States stands ready to assist the Government of Mexico and UNHCR in this effort.”

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Remember years ago when the Leftist and Illegals Bragged about Making up the Majority of the U.S. Population by the 2040's ? That wasn't based on the Current Hispanic U.S. Population, it was Based on their Knowledge of Future Plans to Flood the U.S. with Third World Insurrectionists by the Hundreds of Millions . Time for the President of the United States to Declare WAR on this Enemy of Our Sovereign Country !

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I would be for the U.S. stopping then constant flow at Mexico's southern border by working with Mexico. I think it would be better that way. Even if we have to help Mexico somehow including funding.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If Mexico seals their border does that mean they're a RACIST XENOPHOBE?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I agree we should, extend the olive branch and set up a 2nd filter

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Mexico is in No Position to Stop an Organized Enemy the likes of this , ( Soro's Foundation , Factions of the United Nations , Led by the Corporate NWO Minions ) . It Will be Lucky to Even keep their Own National Sovereignty if they Cannot Remove these PAID Invaders from their Country . Mexico will HAVE TO Work Closely with the President and the U.S. Military if it has Any Other Option that will Protect their Country .

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

I agree we should, extend the olive branch and set up a 2nd filter

“Multistage Filters” help make everything cleaner from water to countries... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Isnt Mexico supposed to be paying to build "our" Wall?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Looks Like they Might be Paying for 2 .............Hmm....

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Already happened. The US has funded a program since at least 2007 to help Mexico better secure their southern border with Guatemala. This program has included training for soldiers and special police, equipment, and cold hard cash, as much as 2 billion.

The initiative was launched in 2007, and since then Congress has appropriated $2.3 billion to fund the initiative. There are “four pillars” to the program: “disrupting the operational capacity of organized crime,” institutionalizing reforms to sustain the rule of law and respect for human rights in Mexico,” “creating a 21st border,” and “building strong and resilient communities.”

Direct contradiction to what is going on today. Congress, thus far has refused to repair the immigration system, and some are openly advocating for open borders. No reason to continue to fund this program if we do nothing on our own side. This problem must be addressed, Congress needs to grow up, make decisions together and earn the salary they are paid.

Trump would like to suspend the funding of this bill to fund the strengthening of our own border, that is his idea of how Mexico pays for the wall. We need to do something, and I would think it was in the interest of both countries to work together to accomplish secure borders, but some do not share the sentiment.

Obama has called this proposal “half-baked.” “This is just one more example of something that is not thought through and is primarily put forward for political consumption,” Obama has said.

dailycaller.com...

edit on 10/21/2018 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Completely close the border for two weeks and Mexico will play ball.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The UK to Ireland is a little bit like Mexico to the US, we are the buffer zone country which they would need to cross to.
The UK gets called the xenophobe of the EU as we avoided those million migrants, but Ireland loves it because we save their asses from it.
The millions of £'s Britain has spent on fences in France as well.

Mexico can save your ass, and paying for it is no different to the UK funding the border on foreign soil in the EU.

edit on 21-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Great Post , Good Verified Info . " Obama has called this proposal “half-baked.” . Bathouse Barry isn't President ANYMORE,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You OWE Someone , You WILL Eventually Pay in Some Form .....c'est la vie .

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: secretariat

" WHY WAS PARISHNA BANNED? "

I Personally Have No Idea Why . Were you a Bit Naughty on here at one time ? Or , does some Particular Persona here Dislike You for Some Reason ? More Info Needed for Understanding Your Plea here ...........

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
I don't understand what you mean?
Who does the UK people owe? The million migrants in the EU are mostly not from places the UK has bombed.
We even have a juxtaposed border so UK officials are on French/Belgian soil controlling entry to fortress Britain. All of it paid for by UK taxes. Do you think it is a bad move for the US to make some arrangement like that with Mexico?
I'm glad Britain controls things on the French side because they'd just let the unregistered migrants on the ferries/trains.

...they don't want to register in France or Belgium because English is usually their second language, hence why Ireland thanks it's lucky stars that Britain is it's buffer zone saving their asses as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit on 10.21.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It would be very smart of the USA to pay for Mexico to build a wall between them and South America. It's narrow there and wouldn't cost nearly as much as building a wall between the US and Mexico.

At this point I could care less who pays for what. Illegal immigration needs to end. Paying for 1 or 2 walls pails in comparison to the cost of illegal immigrants in the form of free health Care and anchor baby benefits, let alone what it costs the average US worker in lost wages.
edit on 21-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

<<   2 >>

join