It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Cheat at your own peril”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Of course there is a difference between them , but to some they are still as illegal as each other !

I didn't need to back it up , its state law in some states , that's factual so its not a claim that needs backing!

I personally think also like you that there is a huge difference between fraud and cheating on your spouse!
as for keeping noses out of bedrooms, the day the media stops paying attention to the private lives of everyone is the day that everyone else stops doing it! So good luck with that!

Just for example do you think " Tommy Sheridan" (uk politician who was involved in sex scandals) was happy his sex life was branded all over the media during the 90's
sheridan vs News Group

However its still cheating , and my post was only pointing out Donald's hypocrisy !
because I like doing that , I like holding people to account for their actions , especially if they are the ones in the driving seat, whether they rule my country or someone else's , thing is Donald is at the helm of a super power , so its just as important we be critical of him as say Theresa May , Angela Merkel , Vladimir Putin, or Xi Jinping for example.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sorry Id ask the same of you , How do you get from my statement and opinion of trumps hypocrisy that I think its ok to break any law ?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Of course there is a difference between them , but to some they are still as illegal as each other !

Misdemeanor vs. felony, at least in New York. But keep reading...

as for keeping noses out of bedrooms, the day the media stops paying attention to the private lives of everyone is the day that everyone else stops doing it! So good luck with that!

So you're in favor of the media advertising every sordid detail of a political figure's sex life?

I'll remember that the next time a Democrat gets accused of moral turpitude. Oh, look! That didn't take long... should we hang him?

You just don't seem to read very much. A few posts back, someone enlightened me that the adultery laws were ruled unconstitutional. Seems they were right:

Ninth Circuit: Adultery Is Constitutionally Protected

So it looks like, barring a Supreme Court overturn, adultery is not illegal after all. The laws are invalid. Your premise is therefore false.

Donald is at the helm of a super power , so its just as important we be critical of him as say Theresa May , Angela Merkel , Vladimir Putin, or Xi Jinping for example.

There's being critical and there's being ridiculous.

I have already, just yesterday, stated my displeasure with Trump's position on transgenders. That's being critical and looking at the issues. What you are doing is nothing more than headhunting. It serves no one.

I repeat, no one cares who Trump slept with when or how they did what. It matters not. Neither did I care who Bill Clinton did what with where and how. It mattered not. The President is the leader of the country, not the leader of a church.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Dude I dont make the state laws in the US , I just googled how many states still uphold adultery as illegal and there are 21 I think according to wikipedia !
Im no american so I could be wrong about that !

I never said that I was in favour of it , I just stated that its unlikley everyone will stop caring because its constantly being forced into our brains through mass media ! He said she said, who cheated on who!
its all scandal and totally irrelevant BS ! but cheating is still dishonest, should you or could you trust someone to run a country if they have cheated their spouse or business partner or even you?
What is to stop a cheater from cheating the public ?

Anyway I am not that bothered about Donalds sex life , for reasons of obvious sanity id rather not have those mental images running around wild in there ! But I don't like hypocrites , even when I do it myself , everyone is guilty of doing it from time to time.
How is being critical of ones leaders being ridiculous , I don't want a person with bad morals and terrible character as my leader or the leader of a super power which has the potential to make or break the species!

I don't read very much?
In my same post I said they were illegal in 21 states however those are slowly being over turned as unconstitutional !
seem's you don't read as much either!

Right no one cares, voters do care and I'm willing to bet a large percentage of Americans don't like that Donald has cheated, I'm looking to the more religious Americans ! Or even just those who believe in the sanctity of marriage or even just general moral compass or those with compassion for others I'm sure they don't like a president cheating, they also didn't like JFK doing it , or didn't like Clinton doing it !
thing is I've noticed that often the infidelity of a president is used to cover up some other ABC agencies indiscretions elsewhere , like Clinton was used to cover up the release of the Contra affair documents, never a dull moment in American politics thats for sure.

leader of America , leader of the church , right ! "in god we trust"

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Dude I dont make the state laws in the US , I just googled how many states still uphold adultery as illegal and there are 21 I think according to wikipedia !
Im no american so I could be wrong about that !

You are wrong. Sometimes it takes a little more than quick google search to find out the truth. You do realize Wikipedia can be edited by anyone? It helps to vet it out.

Did you know it is also illegal to shoot a whale from a moving vehicle in Kansas? Wanna make some sort of argument on that one?

its all scandal and totally irrelevant BS ! but cheating is still dishonest, should you or could you trust someone to run a country if they have cheated their spouse or business partner or even you?

There's no proof Trump cheated. So far as I have found, none of his divorces alleged adultery (the one place legally where it matters). Stormy Daniels has changed her story multiple times. It's simply not that rare for a woman to claim something about someone in Trump's position to extort money.

That is illegal, btw, just not normally prosecuted because it's a lose/lose proposition for the accused. It's easier and cheaper to just pay the extortion.

Anyway I am not that bothered about Donalds sex life

I take it that's why you have brought it up in all those posts?

Right... tell me another one!

leader of America , leader of the church , right ! "in god we trust"

Right. We don't have a theocracy. You're thinking of the Middle East.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I am not wrong , maybe wikipedia is wrong , I used them as my source ! I know wikipedia can be updated by anyone but that team of people vet those changes and fact check them so I doubt its wrong!

a quick google search
In which states is cheating on your spouse illegal

16 states where you can get that cheating jerk thrown in jail

There was also a link from the LA times but due to GDPR its not available in the EU or UK

are the 21 states wrong , that is subjective and of course down to voters or legislators who probably voted for it.

Not sure what shooting whales has to do with voting , or the president, thanks for that trivia though.

All those posts, you mean 1 initial post where I mentioned it and the subsequent posts i've responded to those who were triggered by that observation, it was used once to highlight the hypocrisy of the man making the statement about voting fraud and only served as a vehicle for that and nothing else really.

You don't have a theocracy thats true, you just a mention of God on your currency, and in your national anthem , and in the presidential Oath most if not all presidents end with "so help me god" and with 75% of all polled Americans are christian !
but don't take that as gospel since its from wikipedia!
You may not have a theocracy but America is majority Christian and heavily religious in parts!

edit on 23-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I didn't need to back it up , its state law in some states , that's factual so its not a claim that needs backing!

Actually it's not. Adultery laws were ruled Unconstitutional. Some may technically still be on the books in paper, but they are no longer laws.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

every day is a learning day!

thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I am not wrong , maybe wikipedia is wrong , I used them as my source !

If the source you relied on is wrong, you are wrong by definition.

are the 21 states wrong , that is subjective and of course down to voters or legislators who probably voted for it.

Yes, they are. And it's not up to legislators or voters even, unless the Constitution is changed... it is up to the Supreme Court and federal courts based on that Constitution.

That's how our system of government works. Please get some sort of idea of the subject you're debating before you debate it.

Not sure what shooting whales has to do with voting , or the president, thanks for that trivia though.

It shows how silly some laws can be. I'd bet money no one was ever prosecuted under that law, seeing as there's no ocean even remotely close for a whale to be in.

You don't have a theocracy thats true, you just a...

Irrelevant.

Please, if you want to debate American politics, at least understand something about what you are debating.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm not here debating American politics I referenced it once to make a point about something else, I'm talking about the hypocrisy of your elected leader! (which is the reason you decided to engage with me)

that's all my point was ever about , you brought up the legality of adultery in the states not me!

I was just highlighting that its rich hearing trump tell everyone to be good , when he himself is not !
not the perfect role model for your president !

If somehow me highlighting the hypocrisy of your elected leader offends you , so be it !

thanks for educating me on the legality of adultery though

take it easy redneck !

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It's not hypocrisy when the two issues are so different. Adultery is a personal act that affects only three people: the adulterer, their spouse, and the one the adulterer commits adultery with. Voter fraud is a public act that affects all voters, because illegal voting decreases the voice others have in their government and undermines democracy itself.

Adultery is legal (as we have learned); voter fraud is a felony.

Adultery has no bearing on his duties as President; combating voter fraud is an integral part of his duty as President.

That's why I took issue with your comparison. Again, I am criticizing Trump right now for his position on transgenders... he is far from off-limits for criticism. It is irritating, however, when he is... again, for the fourty-eleventh-dozenth time... attacked over irrelevant and immaterial allegations without proof. All that does is make the complainer look foolish and muddy the waters surrounding the things he should be criticized for. No one is perfect, if one wishes to look deep enough; to expect perfection is to be disappointed.

You have a good day and take it easy as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: network dude

Sorry Id ask the same of you , How do you get from my statement and opinion of trumps hypocrisy that I think its ok to break any law ?

Well, I reread your statement and now am more confused then when I asked you to clarify. I think you are saying that anyone who offers advice MUST be pure and free from any wrongs, otherwise, his words should be ignored. If that's not what you meant, I'd suggest you find a way to better articulate yourself.

Trump lies, I lie, you lie, everyone here has done it at least once, so at that point, nobody can every offer any advice against lying. Yea, when I type it like that it sounds really dumb. I sure hope you can clear all this up, I'd hate to go on this confused.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon
They have already found reason to be suspicious that the Democrats have already tried voting dead people. This further backs up my assumption they are full on Marxists. Remember Stalin once said " It is not who votes that counts its who counts the votes that matters." perfect Democrat motto.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Blaine91555

Should one be ignored because of the other though?

No. Absolutely not. But, like in criminal court, it's better to let a guilty individual walk free and clear, than to lock up and/or execute an innocent individual...

This is the third time you've posted the same illogical statement in this thread. It lends zero credence to the rest of your posts when you use fallacy to promote an agenda.

"It's better to let a guilty person go free than have an innocent one in jail or executed" is a fallacy because if the guilty person is free, an innocent one is most likely in jail for the crime. This is Philosophy 101.

Using this fallacy to prove your other arguments actually has the opposite effect. I could describe all the "why's" and "hows" but I just don't care enough to bother as coddling the uneducated has never been a character trait of mine.

So we are clear: this post is not an attempt to suppress your right to post irrational thoughts proven by fallacies.
edit on 24-10-2018 by MrBuddy because: RW

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

There is plenty of hypocrisy, this just is not an example unless Trump is caught cheating elections by doing something such as having dead people vote, illegals vote ....

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Guilty people walk out of court free and clear all the time because the letter of the law was not properly followed. The moral imperative lawyers and judges solace each other with when this happens is, "It's better to let a guilty person go free than have an innocent one in jail or executed". It's not a fallacy, it's a byproduct of the rule of law.

Blackstone's ratio

In criminal law, Blackstone's ratio (also known as the Blackstone ratio or Blackstone's formulation) is the idea that:
It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.
en.wikipedia.org...

Likewise, if an act or a law meant to curb voter fraud inadvertently or purposely causes voter suppression, then that law or act needs to be nixxed and re-designed.

edit on 24-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join